It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 11:27 pm

VaderBomb's predictions from Battleground to WrestleMania 32

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

VaderBomb's predictions from Battleground to WrestleMania 32

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 18, '15, 8:35 pm

I was thinking about some options for how SummerSlam will play out after Battleground and I got to thinking...

The following is what I came up with as a likely series of decisions that WWE will be making in the near future.

Please bear in mind. None of this is what I'd want to see or how I'd personally book it. It's just how I honestly feel that it will play out.

- Battleground: Lesnar beats Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, Reigns makes somewhat easy work of Bray Wyatt.

- SummerSlam: Rollins faces Triple H in a non-title bout and Lesnar defends his championship against Reigns in a WrestleMania rematch. Vince finally gets the match that he wanted at Mania with the outcome that he originally came up with. Hoping that we all just forget about Bryan, the 2015 Rumble and the shit show that took place from there. Hoping that because Reigns is buddies with Ambrose, that we have accepted him and are ready to see him as the champ. I'm still convinced that the only reason Ambrose got those title matches against Rollins was to continue to protect and make Reigns look good.

Reigns pins Lesnar and wins the championship. Sheamus runs down, cashes in MITB and beats Reigns for the title, theoretically (in Vince's mind) further protecting Reigns from getting any sort of backlash because nobody cheers for Sheamus.

"Of course they will boo Sheamus and cheer for Reigns!" - Vince

- Night of Champions: Reigns beats Sheamus and finally wins the Championship (for good) on the Night of all Champions to become the ultimate greatest world champion that we'll ever see!!!!!!

-Hell in a Cell, Survivor Series, TLC and the Rumble 2016: Reigns battles and defeats many challengers, which may or may not include Triple H, Sheamus, Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens, Big Show, Rusev, Randy Orton etc etc.

- Royal Rumble 2016: CENA WINS THE RUMBLE LOLOLOLZ, 3 time winner!!!!!!@!!!!!

- WrestleMania: Vince wants the biggest Mania of all time? This is what he'll give us...

Roman Regns (c) vs John Cena (w/ Hulk Hogan as the referee) (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
Brock Lesnar vs The Rock (w/ Stone Cold as the referee) -Media match. Both guys get stunned by the hometown boy Steve Austin, afterwards.
The Undertaker vs Sting

Reigns: "I'm the new face of the WWE!"
Cena: "But you haven't beaten me!!!!! WWE have kept me in the mid card to protect you but I'm back in the main event, just in time for WrestleMania!!!"

CENA BREAKS FLAIR'S RECORD LOLOLOLOLOLZ!!!!

Reigns turns heel and feuds with the champ (Cena) for the rest of the spring. :fu

I wouldn't be surprised if all of this happened.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: VaderBomb's predictions from Battleground to WrestleMania 32

Postby SKS » Jun 18, '15, 8:44 pm

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 266

Postby Daz » Jun 18, '15, 8:51 pm

I predict that on average, 95% of the Raws between now and then will be unwatchable. 87% of PPV's will feature no more than three matches worth sitting through. 80% of those matches will feature Kevin Owens. There is a 75% chance Nikki Bella will defend the Diva's title at every PPV until Survivor Series and a 70% chance that Paige will defend it until Wrestlemania. There is a 60% chance that 50% of this board will at one point claim they will never watch Raw again, and a 40% chance I will roll my eyes at this. There's a 35% chance I've overplayed this percentage joke so I'll leave it there.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby SKS » Jun 18, '15, 8:52 pm

Daz wrote:I predict that on average, 95% of the Raws between now and then will be unwatchable. 87% of PPV's will feature no more than three matches worth sitting through. 80% of those matches will feature Kevin Owens. There is a 75% chance Nikki Bella will defend the Diva's title at every PPV until Survivor Series and a 70% chance that Paige will defend it until Wrestlemania. There is a 60% chance that 50% of this board will at one point claim they will never watch Raw again, and a 40% chance I will roll my eyes at this. There's a 35% chance I've overplayed this percentage joke so I'll leave it there.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Daz » Jun 18, '15, 8:53 pm

The math checks out.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 18, '15, 9:20 pm

I'll be honest, I don't hate most of that.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Jun 19, '15, 12:42 pm

It could happen. I don't think it'll go quite like that, but it could be more or less true. I'd prefer to see Rollins hold the belt for longer. Lesnar has no business holding the belt right now and having him be a transitional guy between Rollins and Reigns doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why not just have Reigns beat Rollins in a match?

It's still too early for Reigns. They've successfully muted a lot of the negative reaction by hiding him, but the reason people hated him in the first place is because they pushed him before he was really over with the crowd. As soon as they decide that the heat has died down and they can put him straight back into contention for the title, people will turn on him again. For him to be a main event guy they need to either turn him heel or actually build him up with some feuds and storylines before putting a championship on him.

I could definitely see them pulling a Cena vs Reigns main event. That's Vince's wet dream and he'd love to give us that match. Something tells me that comes a year after Reigns being cemented at the top (like maybe Wrestlemania 33), but I wouldn't be surprised to see it at 32 either. Funnily enough, pairing Reigns against Cena and trying to make him the antithesis of Cena might be the best way to get Reigns over as a face. But somehow I can see the fucking even that up. They'd probably both come off as Cena, and Reigns would get booed more heavily as the newer more Cenaish version of Cena. :(

I'd be surprised if the main event didn't have Cena or Rock or Lesnar or Triple H or Undertaker in it this year. Possibly two of the above. I wouldn't be surprised if the title match is earlier on the card so a Rock vs Triple H legends match or some shit could be the main event. With WWE looking to fill a massive stadium this year, you just know they're not going to try and do so with successful new acts and trying to get new performers white hot. They're going to put all their focus on getting as many old dudes in the building as possible.

I have to register my disgust again that it's been forever since we had a Rock/Austin or a Hogan/Savage or a Bret/Michaels main eventing Wrestlemania. There was a time when some of the biggest and best Wrestlemanias featured the two biggest stars of the current era facing off against each other. I don't think we've done that since Wrestlemania 19 now. It's insane. The 90s were so popular that we just got stuck there. Whenever Cena's had a Wrestlemania main event, it's always been against an Attitude Era guy. Except for the Miz, I guess, but he wasn't one of the biggest stars in the company at the time, and was barely in the main event anyway. He was just a way to drag out the Cena/Rock feud, which was the real "main event" of Wrestlemania 27, even though they wouldn't officially wrestle each other for another year.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Jun 19, '15, 1:03 pm

Hanley! wrote:I have to register my disgust again that it's been forever since we had a Rock/Austin or a Hogan/Savage or a Bret/Michaels main eventing Wrestlemania.

Yeah agreed for sure. But to have a match between your two biggest stars you actually have to have two stars, and for the last ten years the WWE has only been interested in protecting Cena at all costs.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Jun 19, '15, 1:32 pm

Everlong wrote:
Hanley! wrote:I have to register my disgust again that it's been forever since we had a Rock/Austin or a Hogan/Savage or a Bret/Michaels main eventing Wrestlemania.

Yeah agreed for sure. But to have a match between your two biggest stars you actually have to have two stars, and for the last ten years the WWE has only been interested in protecting Cena at all costs.

It's pretty insane though that at one point, back when the pairings were hot that we never got a Cena/Edge (should have happened at Wrestlemania 22) or Cena/Orton (should have happened at Wrestlemania 23) as a Wrestlemania main event. When we eventually got Cena/Batista at Wrestlemania (too late) it wasn't the main event. Cena/Punk never got a Wrestlemania.

Cena has in fact never main evented Wrestlemania with any of his biggest rivals. I find that really, really weird.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Hanley! » Jun 19, '15, 1:33 pm

I mean Cena/Orton has happened approximately one billion times. Statistically it would seem like one of them would have to be at Wrestlemania.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby SortaCreative » Jun 19, '15, 2:26 pm

Hanley! wrote:Cena has in fact never main evented Wrestlemania with any of his biggest rivals. I find that really, really weird.

That is odd. I wonder why that went down like that. It seems obvious looking back to book Cena vs. Edge, vs. Orton, and vs. Punk at Mania.

Last edited by SortaCreative on Jun 19, '15, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Jun 19, '15, 2:32 pm

It's cos the 90s were the best, man. Gimme some of them 90s wrestlers.

Who wants to see guys who are in their prime right now? That sounds terrible. Over-reliance on nostalgia and fan service is where it's at.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Jun 19, '15, 2:37 pm

SortaCreative wrote:Orton and vs. Punk at Mania.

Orton vs Punk DID happen at Mania, right? Just not a main event.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby SortaCreative » Jun 19, '15, 2:44 pm

Everlong wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:Orton and vs. Punk at Mania.

Orton vs Punk DID happen at Mania, right? Just not a main event.

I meant Cena vs. Punk. There should have been a comma in there.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Jun 19, '15, 2:46 pm

Oh yeah just read that wrong, mah bad.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Hanley! » Jun 19, '15, 2:50 pm

@Sortacreative, I thought you were supposed to be this great, British, college-educated writer. And yet you're going to let some yank stroll in here and burn you over not using the Oxford comma.

I thought you were better than that, son.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby SortaCreative » Jun 19, '15, 2:50 pm

Hanley! wrote:@SortaCreative, I thought you were supposed to be this great, British, college-educated writer. And yet you're going to let some yank stroll in here and burn you over not using the Oxford comma.

I thought you were better than that, son.

I shall burn my degree in shame.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 21, '15, 2:37 am

That's a good point about Cena rarely facing off against big rivals at WrestleMania and I believe that the high amount of PPVs is the sole reason why. It's tough to sell Cena/Edge or Cena/Orton at Mania when they''ve faced each other a thousand times on PPV already.

With that being said, Cena should have defended his championship against Punk at WM27 instead of that stupid ass Miz/Rock shit. Although, we may have not gotten MITB 2011. Then perhaps Punk wouldn't have left so early.

Ah fuck this, it's too pointless to mess around with WWE history. :lol

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Return to WWE