It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 9:56 pm

I know way more racist people than I'd have expected

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: I know way more racist people than I'd have expected

Postby Locke » May 05, '15, 2:37 pm

I don't really like democrats or republicans, so effectively I don't like black people, either. Or gay people, or straight people, or white people, or any of you.

Damn.. being lonely NEVER FELT SO GOOD.

:fu

trolling to diffuse an uncomfortable thread doesn't sound like a great idea.. ok i do it

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby Kein » May 05, '15, 3:54 pm

Everlong wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:
PorkChop wrote:
Kein wrote:I don't like black people.

Please elaborate.

Lmao

Dis gon b gud

Wait so you weren't joking? :(

How to say this, I was joking but serious. It's kinda like when you do something stupid and you say, "Hey I was a dumbass for doing that" but you are laughing with everyone as you say it too. Basically trying to make light of my racism.

Saying "I don't like black people" comes off a bit stronger than I meant for it to be. I don't maliciously dislike black people. I am well aware, there are some black people who post on this forum, I have no idea who (well I know who some of you are now :P), but I view you all as individuals and the black ethnicity in any of you doesn't bother me at all. The fact I know who some of you are doesn't change my opinion of you, I have already made my opinions of you guys based on your posts.

I want to say a couple things before I really get into the nitty gritty details.
1. I really do hate that I feel this way, believe me, it bothers me a lot this is how my mind works. I feel a lot of this has to do with how I was raised. I don't openly say anything offensive to anyone because of their race. I very rarely say anything to anyone that I think would offend them in general.
2. Some of you may get mad, you asked for me to elaborate and explain myself, I don't want people to get their panties in a knot but what I say is how I feel and I am well aware I can be scolded, yelled at, hated, threatened, or just bombed for this but I am going to re-iterate I am posting this in a calm mind and not angry at all, I hope this doesn't turn into a ragey thing, and we can all just continue to discuss this rather than throw out insulting names and whatnot. That doesn't really fly with me.

I am going to give this a little more time so I can articulate the post, if you guys still want to know I will post, if you can't keep it civil please let me know and I will just walk out the door from this thread.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 15

Postby Messiah » May 05, '15, 4:04 pm

I'm interested in what you have to say. I won't get mad. I'll take an issue with just about everything you say (obviously), but I'm legitimately interested in reading why you feel this way.

From what I know (could be wrong), Circled Square and I are the only two black people on this forum.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Circled Square » May 05, '15, 4:08 pm

I'm the same way. I hate to use this term, I love regular hard working black folk, but as a black guy nothing grinds my gears more than the lazy stereotypical thug.

I'm Uncle Ruckus.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Str8Shooter » May 05, '15, 4:48 pm

Kein's next post is easily the most anticipated next post in Squared Circle history.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Locke » May 05, '15, 5:20 pm

I've known the guy for years and I'm interested to see what sorts of discussion this brings. :lol

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby SortaCreative » May 05, '15, 5:34 pm

Messiah wrote:I'm interested in what you have to say. I won't get mad. I'll take an issue with just about everything you say (obviously), but I'm legitimately interested in reading why you feel this way.

From what I know (could be wrong), Circled Square and I are the only two black people on this forum.

I'm brown. Does that count? In the sun... i get black...

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Kein » May 05, '15, 5:35 pm

SortaCreative wrote:
Messiah wrote:I'm interested in what you have to say. I won't get mad. I'll take an issue with just about everything you say (obviously), but I'm legitimately interested in reading why you feel this way.

I'm brown. Does that count? In the sun... i get black...

You are so black.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Kein » May 05, '15, 6:26 pm

Okay so here goes. I will start by saying I think my racism tends to come from “fear of the unknown.” I consider myself fairly unlucky in the sense that I had little to no interaction with any black kids as a child. I don’t remember any black kids in my elementary school, in my martial arts school, or even where I hung out in my free time with friends after school. My earliest time of being in the vicinity of black kids, was when I was in middle school, so I shared space with them only when I was 12 years old. I still never interacted with them. I never did school sports because of my martial arts classes, none of them bothered to talk to me and I was fairly anti-social so I never ventured to talk to any of them either. We are all very impressionable as kids, my father was a bit racist to black people, and my grandmother was scared of black people. As kids, if a parent acts like something is dangerous we will tend to believe it is dangerous. For example as a child we were driving in the city and my father told me to lock my door because there’s too many black people. Incredibly racist, and I locked my door because he told me to. Gives me a bad impression on black people, even though they never wronged me. I probably also picked up a lot of bad impressions of black people from the movies or songs I heard as a kid. Gangsters, thug life, raised in the hood, pimps, etc. Sure, there are other things to watch out for from other races, the Mafia, Yakuza, Turks, and such, but where I am we don’t have none of that shit. We don’t have organized crime syndicates. Just petty shit goes on here. Most media seems to portray black community and gangs as “thugs” as we mentioned above.

Here is where some real racist stuff will come in: There are all sorts of stereotypes for all races. I will try to explain my view on this as best I can. I have a co-worker, he is Korean, but he was adopted by a white family and was raised well…. Very white. He doesn’t care about his own Korean culture, he never learned Korean never bothered to learn about it and he just grew up with his white family and has a lot of white friends and is overall a swell guy. When we are at work and someone is curious about his ethnicity, I will joke and say “He’s white” because he acts like a white person. He simply doesn’t act Asian. Much like I have a co-worker who is black (my only acquaintance who is black, and my only friend on facebook who is black) and he doesn’t act black either. He may say nigger or something jokingly but he and I have a common interest in games, he is fun to talk to and like the Korean at work, he is a swell guy. But I wouldn’t say he acts stereotypically black. So yea, I am racist, because I am talking about what a Korean stereotypically should act like and a black should stereotypically act like. The only difference in my racism between Koreans and blacks, is my upbringing and my demeanor agrees and gets along with Korean stereotypes, while it clashes heavily with black stereotypes. I am sorry, but a lot of the black kids I was around in school were really really obnoxiously loud. Loud enough I wanted to remove myself from the general area. They probably didn’t know it bothered me, but they also probably wouldn’t care if I said anything, rather than make a deal of it I’d just leave.

I know the stereotypes may seem harmless but it’s not, because I know when I meet a black person, I have my guard up. I don’t give up on them because they are black but I know I am already skeptical of our ability to be friends because of my past experiences with the stereotypical black kid. I do my best to take every social interaction as it comes and get to know people on an individual basis, like on here. All of you guys I have known through blank faceless text and I know you all through what you post. I have no racial basis on any of it, and that works great for me. If I can form my opinion of you before I see you it’s all hunky dory. Doesn’t that sound bad? That’s bad.

Oh yea, this one is terrible. Extremely shallow absolutely terrible terrible awful fucking stupid. The skin color isn’t… bad but… I dunno how to say it. I feel like a dark skinned black persons skin is dirty. IM SORRY! As a child I used to play in the mud and my skin would get dirty and dark and I would rub my hands together and my palms would be pink and clean and the back of my hands would be dirty and dark and it’s the first thing I think of when I see a dark black persons hands! I know the science behind it! I know they are actually superior in terms of defense vs. the sun, and it’s a dominant gene so it’s like, superiority errywhere but god dammit I can’t shake that it’s dirt. I know it’s not dirt, I shake peoples hands and don’t feel dirty, it’s just a terrible auto-mind thing. Sigh…. I’m sorry.

But like I said, I really try to take every person on a case by case scenario. I am a paranoid type in general, I don’t like my back facing anyone, it takes me a while to trust people in general, like I said before though, my personality seems to not mesh well with most black people. So sure, I am racist.

I dunno, I guess I am trying to keep my racism examples and whatnot here less…. Specific because I don’t want people to get up in arms. You guys should just ask questions too. This is hard.

I guess on the bright side, no one on the outside knows....?

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Circled Square » May 05, '15, 6:37 pm

I'm glad you have the balls to critize black people. It's a fucking disgrace seeing black kids hollering loudly, dressing like morons, etc.

It's even worse how we're immune to hate. Like it's as if these white people get a kick of playing "black justice warrior" for some strange reason. Makes me so mad. Like they act as if they're born into privilege. Nah man, it's because we're dumb as fuck with our dumb as fuck culture that holds our own kind down.

We're past our obstacles in history and it's up to us to move forward.

That dirty hand shit though is some next level Japanese cleanliness haha.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby SortaCreative » May 05, '15, 6:49 pm

I don't have time to respond to every point - nor do I really have to since I think others will take you up on that.

But I will say that I don't think it's such a bad thing to hate those stereotypically obnoxious caricatures of society. The loud and brash black guys who may scream like the world is ending when something surprising or cool happens. The cringe worthy cool dude brown guys you get around here who walk around in gold chains and driving their dads expensive cars calling everyone brother. Or the white chavs, who are violent and act like the dregs of society, typically spawn seven children and live off benefits. Or even the white dumb hill billy redneck, who may marry his cousin and hate them blacks. These are all hyper stereo types and not every brown, black or white person is like that. Some people on exhibit one aspect of the stereotype or all of them. Some may exhibit them and not know, point is: they do exist. Sometimes in pockets or just as individuals.

I hate all forms of those stereotypes and I don't think that makes me inherently racist. I don't primarily hate them because of their skin colour. If i'm playing FIFA with one of my black mates and he scores a great goal and just loses his shit and jumps around and pretends like he just fucked my entire female ancestral line. I don't hate him because he's black. I hate him because he exhibits negative stereotypes associated with that skin colour at that time. Simply, I hate him because he's acting like an obnoxious tool.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Messiah » May 05, '15, 7:16 pm

I call first shot!

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby War Daddy » May 05, '15, 7:17 pm

@SKS hates white people so whose the real racist here?

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Messiah » May 06, '15, 2:35 am

Before I say what I am going to say, let me just clarify one thing. I do not expect to change your opinion. I assume you are in your 20s and this is something that you have been molded into believing throughout your life. However, as a black man, I find a lot of startling and flat out ignorant things about your opinion. Also, for whatever it is worth, deep down inside I really do not care. You are a fine poster and I have no problem with you. So if I say anything in this upcoming post that may seem like an attack, don't take it the wrong way. I just, obviously, feel strongly about this.

As far as Circled Square goes... sigh. I like you, I really do. If you remember, I was about the only one who advocated for you to not get banned in the beginning. Sadly, you still harp on the same ignorant bullshit that has caused many to disagree with you in the past. So like I said to Kein, don't take what I say the wrong way because I do like you as a member.

It's 3:15AM and I haven't read your post yet, so if I ramble incoherently, that is why. I'm replying as I go.

Kein wrote:I feel like a dark skinned black persons skin is dirty.

This is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. At least with your other explanations as to why you are a racist, there was at least a legitimate trigger for it (aka stereotyping, which we all do to an extent). This is just moronic. Props for at least acknowledging how terrible, awful, and fucking stupid it is because I kid you not, it really is that and then some. It is the perfect combination of everything - ignorant, stupid, moronic, illogical, foolish, etc. all rolled into one. It is that bad. I actually have no idea how any one individual could have such a belief.

I will get back to you later because I thought everything else you said was reasonable. Would I want to be friends with you in real life? Hell no, but I also won't criticize someone for being something that they were molded into. With your family and your circumstances, it seems to have played a huge role. I have more that I want to respond to, but I really, really want to respond to Circled Square right now.

Circled Square wrote:I'm glad you have the balls to critize black people.

There is a lot wrong with this statement, especially in regards to his (Kein's) post. The number one thing, however, is the fact that you sit here and act as if black people aren't stereotyped and to an extent, criticized all the time. Unless you are purposely blinding yourself from everything, then you would know it isn't rare.

Circled Square wrote:It's a fucking disgrace seeing black kids hollering loudly

It's a fucking disgrace seeing white kids mooch off their parents' money, shoot up schools, and do a bunch of crazy drugs that put their life and others at risk.

Stereotyping and generalizing is fun, isn't it? Fact: it is a fucking disgrace to see any race do something bad. However, does a bunch of kids screaming really bother you that much so the point that it is not only a disgrace, but a fucking disgrace? That you feel that way is not only laughable, but fucking laughable. You must have had a pretty boring high school life.

Circled Square wrote:dressing like morons

Just wondering but what do you consider to be "dressing like a moron"? I'm legitimately interested based off your views on other stuff. I find that the answer that I expect (and would agree with) isn't the only thing that you find to be moronic about how some (read: not all) black people dress.

Circled Square wrote:It's even worse how we're immune to hate.

LOL REALLY? You really think this? Seriously?!

Holy shit. I think you do.

Circled Square wrote:Nah man, it's because we're dumb as fuck with our dumb as fuck culture that holds our own kind down.

I almost get the feeling you are trolling at this point.

I have provided you earlier in this thread with a perfectly logical explanation as to why, on average (this is just a guess by me but it is more than likely true), black people have been less successful than white people. It has nothing to do with our, as you call it, "dumb as fuck" culture.

@PorkChop made a good point. I find it funny how you continue to stroll into this thread and spew off crap like this and yet post what you do in the chatbox late at night. Which don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with it. It is just amusing to see you criticize the stereotype yet strengthened the narrative all at the same time.

However, why don't I just ask. Mind explaining to me what exactly our "dumb as fuck" culture is?

Circled Square wrote:Makes me so mad. Like they act as if they're born into privilege.

This has nothing to do with the quote above.

I just wanted to ask another question that I hope you can answer. Exactly how many black people have you truly talked to in Canada? How do you know so much about how black people act?

Kein wrote:Most media seems to portray black community and gangs as “thugs” as we mentioned above.

Nothing wrong with this part of your post. I just think it is really funny you say this, Circled Square reps your post, and then comes right back and says "blacks are immune to hate".

Kein wrote:a lot of the black kids I was around in school were really really obnoxiously loud. Loud enough I wanted to remove myself from the general area. They probably didn’t know it bothered me, but they also probably wouldn’t care if I said anything, rather than make a deal of it I’d just leave.

Did you ever attempt to talk to a black person? Like, legitimately get to know them?

Unless there are some examples of real-life experiences you are leaving off, then it seems odd to take such an issue with black people because of something like this.

I can be loud. I can also be quiet. I'm very diverse. Because I played sports and because of my personality, I was able to get on with a lot of different crowds. I am not an exception to the rule. However, imagine if someone opted not to speak to me because of one select moment that they caught me in?

It isn't anything that the blacks did and everything that you did. You didn't give them a chance. It's called confirmation bias. I heard black people are obnoxiously loud... the black people I was around (a lot fewer than you are letting on I reckon) were obnoxiously loud... black people are loud.

He simply doesn’t act Asian. Much like I have a co-worker who is black (my only acquaintance who is black, and my only friend on facebook who is black) and he doesn’t act black either. He may say nigger or something jokingly

First of all, I have been around a lot of hoodrats. Nobody who "acts black" (as you seem to imply) says the word nigger (not frequently, anyway). Actually, the fact that you seem to think that fits in with "acting black" explains quite a bit.

These stereotypes of yours aren't based off experience, unless you can provide me with real-life experiences you can remember. You spin everything to fit your narrative. You meet a black guy that shares your interests? Well... he must be acting white. There could be a tons of black people like him (there are), but you will never know because of your own racism.

And that is exactly what it boils down to. You can blame it on what you consider to be the black stereotype all you want, but you have no experience (from what you have posted) to actually know outside of coming across loud black people in school. You are just racist. My opinion of you isn't going to change because of that - you are a good poster, great poster even. But you are a racist for no other reason than you were brought up that way. It has nothing to do with black people from what you have said.

Actually, on second thought, I honestly wouldn't call you racist. Just ignorant.

But maybe I'm assuming too much. So I'll ask you a question if you don't mind expanding.

I know I am already skeptical of our ability to be friends because of my past experiences with the stereotypical black kid.

What are your past experiences with the stereotypical black kid?

Also find it interesting you made sure to add stereotypical in it. I mean, isn't a non-stereotypical black kid just white anyway? So what are your past experiences with black people?

If you don't feel comfortable asking, fair enough. I don't think you're a bad person FWIW and you don't seem like the type that goes out of their way to offend or hurt black people (more like you fear them... for some reason). It's just interesting is all.

But hopefully Circled Square answers my questions. I find it mind boggling how someone who is black can say some of the stuff that he is saying. "It's even worse how we're immune to hate." Man, that has got to be up there as one of the silliest things I have ever read.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Circled Square » May 06, '15, 3:37 am

Well I'm not from Canada, I'm from Michigan. I met plenty of dumb-as-fuck blacks there. Didn't help that it was such a poverty striken area. In Canada however there's plenty of blacks, have you not heard of the underground railroad? Smuggling slaves into Canada? No? plenty of Africabros are in Canada as well. They don't fit into the dumb as fuck culture that I'm talking about. I told a story about a friend I had growing up who got brainwashed by "nigga" culture and took the easy way out. We came from the same damn place man. Well, this was in Canada, so technically I didn't - but damn, low income areas with troubled families. I didn't go pants-on-head retarded and start being a burden to society.

There is a lot wrong with this statement, especially in regards to his (Kein's) post. The number one thing, however, is the fact that you sit here and act as if black people aren't stereotyped and to an extent, criticized all the time. Unless you are purposely blinding yourself from everything, then you would know it isn't rare.

Of course we've been criticzed in the past, and hell, in the present as well. In more recent years, say...I don't know, post Trayvon Martin, we've seen this unwarranted "rise" against the mistreatment of blacks - which in turn, has made us immune from persecution. I've seen it countless time. The black kid in school got away with more shit growing up (not so much in Michigan, but in Canada) because of this underlying fear of being called a racist. People now don't even care about who the "martyr" of justice is, even if they're guilty trash. It's all part of this Leftist movement indoctrinating people throughout the United States.

You are no longer responsible for yourself. You are a special little snowflake. It's downright insulting to blacks everywhere that our failure as a people is being blamed on outside sources. Most are just things from a bygone era, which won't go away like a damn fart in an elevator. I am a bit extreme in my views.

Just wondering but what do you consider to be "dressing like a moron"? I'm legitimately interested based off your views on other stuff. I find that the answer that I expect (and would agree with) isn't the only thing that you find to be moronic about how some (read: not all) black people dress.

It's not as bad as it used to be, I'll give us that. But for me, it's the person who dresses suspiciously. I know DAAAAMN well I don't walk around with baggy ass pants, a snap-back and a XL hoody if I want to be taken seriously. I have no idea why we gravitate towards clothes that look unprofessional. I mean I'm not dressing like Mr. Rogers over here but have some respect for yourself.

I almost get the feeling you are trolling at this point.

I have provided you earlier in this thread with a perfectly logical explanation as to why, on average (this is just a guess by me but it is more than likely true), black people have been less successful than white people. It has nothing to do with our, as you call it, "dumb as fuck" culture.

@PorkChop made a good point. I find it funny how you continue to stroll into this thread and spew off crap like this and yet post what you do in the chatbox late at night. Which don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with it. It is just amusing to see you criticize the stereotype yet strengthened the narrative all at the same time.

I don't know if I'm reading this the wrong way, but it comes off as a thinly veiled attack on my character...and I think it's kind of a reach, dude. So what if I quote trap rap stoned at 3AM on the Chatbox? That's not a good point at all, completely irrelevant.

I don't spew shit. I guess I have high expectations for fellow blacks because I was on the verge of becoming a thug as well. My cousins all sold drugs and shit. I stole shit in HS and sold it. Cleaned my act up and started emulating those who are succesful around me. Unfortunately, it's always been non-blacks. Yeah sure maybe we've been held down by the White man, or maybe, maybe you're just making excuses for your own shortcomings like everybody in this world does. Oh, I can't focus in class, give me pills! Oh, I feel like a girl, chop my dick off and pump me full of estrogen! Oh, I get a little nervous around people, give me some anti-anxiety meds! I'm kinda going off course here lol.

It's never "man the fuck up" because that's insensitive and not in-depth enough. "BUT THESE PEOPLE REALLY SUFFER GUYS!" Yeah, well why is things like Autism being diagnosed up the ass atm? You don't think there's a company pushing these meds? Just like the forced narrative of blacks vs. The World is being crammed down our throats on television all the time. I do believe at one point they wanted us gone. They put gun stores and liquor stores on every ghetto so we'd kill each other off. That's not now, though. That's the past.

Nothing wrong with this part of your post. I just think it is really funny you say this, Circled Square reps your post, and then comes right back and says "blacks are immune to hate".

He had a rather lengthy post bro. :lol

It's a fucking disgrace seeing white kids mooch off their parents' money, shoot up schools, and do a bunch of crazy drugs that put their life and others at risk.

Stereotyping and generalizing is fun, isn't it? Fact: it is a fucking disgrace to see any race do something bad. However, does a bunch of kids screaming really bother you that much so the point that it is not only a disgrace, but a fucking disgrace? That you feel that way is not only laughable, but fucking laughable. You must have had a pretty boring high school life.

Haha. That's funny. Kinda reminds me of the Barkley quote. You see yeah, I did have a pretty boring HS life for the most part. You want to know why? BECAUSE I WAS DOING MY FUCKING HOMEWORK AND GOING TO CLASSES.

I also find it funny that you mention white people mooching off their parents. Well gee you know if you're mooching off of your parents, your family must be above the poverty line, right? Unlike most of my black friends, including myself shit, we were broke as hell. Also, let me ask you a question, what's more common, a black man murdering people, or a white teenager shooting up a school? Blacks don't shoot up schools, because they don't go to them. Was that rude? Yes. Was it a joke? Yes. Of course blacks go to school. You can tell right away that Whites are higher up the ladder than us by the way you complain about them. Mooching off your successful, middle class and above parents. Wish that was an issue with my people.

Going on about the "dumb as fuck" culture...look at our idols. Rappers, meathead athletes. The only guy we've got is epic black science man. We glorify the materialistic things in life in our music and by the way we present ourselves. Hell, there's a reason we only get one month of history, because our history fucking sucks. It's always White history month because they've contributed more to modern society. It's a fact that I don't want to accept, but it's true, and the only way we as blacks can change that is by taking the bull by the horns here and stop playing the blame game.

As far as Circled Square goes... sigh. I like you, I really do. If you remember, I was about the only one who advocated for you to not get banned in the beginning. Sadly, you still harp on the same ignorant bullshit that has caused many to disagree with you in the past. So like I said to Kein, don't take what I say the wrong way because I do like you as a member.

People get mad when I don't go for the think-tank approach. I get it. And for some, the fact I don't change my opinions makes me seem like a brick wall. I get that, too.

But I don't need anybody advocating for me. The mods can ban me if they so please. I've blurred the lines a bit in my posts and have gotten some angry, but that's debate. Some people can't handle the banter. i'm not ignorant. And if you'll notice, I'm never the one attacking the other person's character, well most of the time. :P

Lots of times I'll get disagreed with, someone will call me ignorant or whatever flavor of the month word they want to use, and I can't really say anything back because...well, what's the point?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby EmperorWu » May 06, '15, 5:26 am

Messiah wrote:These stereotypes of yours aren't based off experience, unless you can provide me with real-life experiences you can remember. You spin everything to fit your narrative. You meet a black guy that shares your interests? Well... he must be acting white. There could be a tons of black people like him (there are), but you will never know because of your own racism.

This is fucking great. I've always thought about this as a major point but have never seen anyone besides myself articulate it. I was even thinking about logging in here and posting this before I left for work. And lo and behold someone brought it up.

I can't even guess the number of times in my life I've heard someone tell me, "You're not a real Mexican", or "You act white". People can't even being to comprehend that I'm not "acting" like anything, or understand why I'm not their exact stereotype of who I should be. I am an individual human being. My color didn't dictate who I became (my environment did to a large degree), it just dictated how up perceived me. Whenever someone says something like that to me what I hear is, "You're not who my ignorant mind perceived you to be. But instead of admitting that my beliefs are wrong, and that I should maybe stop judging people who look different as stereotypes and instead treat them like individuals, I'm going to assume you're so sort of outlier because my ego is to fragile or I'm just too stupid to ever consider being wrong."

I might be off base, but it really seems like this for a lot of people I've met. They seem to have zero self reflection, and it seems to be because some people can't bear the insult of considering that they're wrong or not all that great.

One way my race has affected me, is that a small part of me in the back of my mind is often aware that I have to be better in a certain sense. My actions don't get judged as an individual, I have the burden of making anyone who looks like me look bad as well. I hope I articulated that moderately well. Seriously though it's pretty silly that whenever I hear something bad on the news my immediate thought is, "Please don't let it be a minority." I can't even control it, it's an automatic reflex. And it extends past people who look like me too, I also feel it when it's a black person, as if by proxy or something. I don't feel we have the privilege that most white people seem to get at birth. To be judged solely as an individual, to not have to prove that you're your own person. This might be different for a lot of people. In the town I grew up in it was pretty much 99% white, maybe in much more mixed places it's not such an issue.

I hope I expressed myself OK. I always post after work like at 4am and am pretty tired, and I often don't get my opinion across as clearly as I wanted to.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 62

Postby Westcoastvibes » May 06, '15, 5:54 am

Racism is bad, M'Kay

Im just gonna type random shit here now cause for some reason i feel like my post should be longer. All you fuckers are expressing there elaborated rebuttals and i just dont have it in me.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Everlong » May 06, '15, 7:34 am

Man I had a huge reply typed up to Circled Square but what the fuck is the point? My jaw is actually dropping reading some of this bullshit.

It really, really frightens me that there are so many people in the world that think that way.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby PorkChop » May 06, '15, 7:34 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:All you fuckers are expressing there elaborated rebuttals and i just dont have it in me.

Long may it continue, I'm at work and reading through this is much better than my actual job.

One observation I've made from this thread (and others) is that Circled Square seems to have a hundreds of semi-famous people's profile shots with profound quotes on them. The disparity between what he posts in the chatbox and what he posts in threads is pretty funny.

Chatbox: "Bitch ass niggas ain't got shit on me, pussy ass nigga"

Threads: "Intelligence plus character; that is the true goal of education." Martin Luther King Jr, Jan 15, 1929 - April 4, 1968

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Everlong » May 06, '15, 7:48 am

I trashed most of my long reply, because at this point it's basically like bashing my head into concrete. But I couldn't resist this:

Circled Square wrote:It's all part of this Leftist movement indoctrinating people throughout the United States.

Says the guy consistently quoting far right, libertarian tea party icons like Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Charlton Heston. Are you sure you're not the one who's indoctrinated here?

If I'm going to be "indoctrinated," at least it's with a mindset of actually giving a fuck about making some real positive change and helping people to overcome generations of inequaltiy.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics