It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 8:20 am

Rate WM

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

WM rate

6%
25%
13%
19%
25%
6%
6%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes : 16

Rate WM

Postby Circled Square » Mar 29, '15, 9:00 pm

Adding pol lel/added pol, lel

I'm saying 7-8. I liked it a lot.

Last edited by Circled Square on Mar 29, '15, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Re: Rate WM

Postby Messiah » Mar 29, '15, 9:01 pm

king rollins / 10

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby EmperorWu » Mar 29, '15, 9:03 pm

Some of the finishes sucked, but the matches were still really good. So those kind of wash out a bit. I'll give it an 8. One of the better Manias ever IMO.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby JPG619 » Mar 29, '15, 9:07 pm

I give at 8, It was way better then expected.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 29

Postby Daz » Mar 29, '15, 9:09 pm

It was about ten times better than it had any right to be.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Racing Guy » Mar 29, '15, 9:13 pm

Solid 9. I was very pleased.

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 21

Postby Circled Square » Mar 29, '15, 9:13 pm

Racing Guy wrote:Solid 9. I was very pleased.

Wow, that's a bit of a stretch man. 9? 9?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Mar 29, '15, 9:14 pm

It was an up and down show. Solid though, ahead of the likes of WrestleMania 27 but behind shows such as WrestleMania 24. The main event and ending gave it a huge boost.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby DBSoT » Mar 29, '15, 9:24 pm

As I mentioned in the chat, I give it a 6/10. Which is much better then I was expecting. The HHH-Sting match was 10-15 years to late and had awful booking. It went from once in a life time to nostalgia mania. The ladder match was good, but not nearly as exciting as I was expecting. The spots were missing some originality. I did really like the Dolph vs Bryan finish though. The Divas match was better then I expected. Bray basically carried the feud with Taker and I don't feel like Taker carried his weight well enough tonight to make up for not showing up. Rollins vs Orton was very good with an incredible finish. Cena vs Rusev was good, but the biggest problem adds to my next point. TOO MANY OLDER GUYS WENT OVER YOUNG TALENT.

Orton over Rollins
Taker over Wyatt
Cena over Rusev
Big Show winning the Battle Royale (Over Sandow)

If Rollins does not cash in at the end then no Young wrestler got anything out of mania.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Tom » Mar 29, '15, 9:35 pm

Probably a 6.5 - 7. I actually thought the first three matches were good, minus the finish of Sting/Trips. The show flowed greatly and for the first hour and a half or so because it focused on what should be focused on; the wrestling. However the last couple of hours fell flat for me. The singing performance was probably the start of it; it really sucked a lot of energy and momentum out of watching it. Following that with a divas match didn't help as it was a match I had little interest in to begin with, and although it was cool seeing Ronda Rousey in a WWE ring I think the segment went on a tad too long for my liking. The main event was cool, and did a great job of elevating talent further up the card and making Brock Lesnar look like a beast. I will continue to say that everything is better when he is involved. It's a damn shame that he can't appear more often but at the same time I can't blame him. Still, i'm glad WWE paid him $3 million to stay, even if it means I will only get to see him wrestle three or four times a year. At least I know we will get something special out of him!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 29, '15, 9:41 pm

While I would have preferred to see Rusev retain and Sting win, there was not a single bad match tonight.

Rollins v Orton was awesome. I liked the tag team titles match a lot. Ladder match was good. Divas and Taker matches were better than I expected. Battle Royal was fun. The story was about Miz and Mizdow, I was not disappointed someone else (even Show) won a statue who's tradition stretches two whole years now. And the ending was awesome. Marked so hard, and all three guys left looking stronger.

9/10

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Daz » Mar 29, '15, 9:43 pm

The more I let it settle in, I'd probably rate this about a 9 as well. One of the top 5 Mania's of all time imo, which I would not have called at all given the card.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Mar 29, '15, 9:44 pm

Daz wrote:The more I let it settle in, I'd probably rate this about a 9 as well. One of the top 5 Mania's of all time imo, which I would not have called at all given the card.

A 9?!!?!?!??!?

I don't see it. Convince me. Here's my issues:

- Shit finish between HHH/Sting (that's an opinion ofc)
- Cena wins US title, Rusev is in limbo now

Everything else was solid though.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Mar 29, '15, 9:47 pm

I don't care if I'm the only 10, not gonna break shit down or analyse anything, all I know it I just had an incredible night and Wrestlemania was fantastic. GG

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 29, '15, 9:51 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Daz wrote:The more I let it settle in, I'd probably rate this about a 9 as well. One of the top 5 Mania's of all time imo, which I would not have called at all given the card.

A 9?!!?!?!??!?

To be fair we have no idea where Rusev goes now and there are a lot worse guys to lose to than Cena. I think it should have been some one else but it was not horrible and the match was decent. As for Sting v HHH, I don't mind the end. Sting is WCW, why should he win at EWEs biggest stage?

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Circled Square » Mar 29, '15, 9:52 pm

IDK he just got hit with the sledgehammer(?) and got pinned I was just hoping for a better finish it killed muh vibes brahh

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Daz » Mar 29, '15, 9:55 pm

Circled Square wrote:

A 9?!!?!?!??!?

Cena beating Rusev made sense for the feud. No problem with the loss, although I would have preferred him to win. Sting/Triple H finish was sort of weak, but the match preceding it far exceeded any expectations I think most people had for the match, and the NWO/DX stand off added an air of nostalgia I don't think anyone was expecting. Bray/Taker was a bigger issue.

I'd rate it a 9 just based on sheer in-ring quality honestly. The undercard was just incredibly solid, even better than last year in my opinion. You look at some of the more highly regarded Mania's, like X-7 and XIX and they have some terrible matches in between the big ones. People love Wrestlemania X. Go look at the card, and outside of the opener and the ladder match, it's just a horrid show. I think on this show, all the big matches delivered above or beyond expectations, including the Main Event (which was fantastic, even prior to the Rollins swerve) and was made even better by surprise booking. You can be disappointing in some of the outcomes, as am I, but quality wise, I can't argue with what we got as an overall package.

And although it was overlong, the Rock/Rousey segment with Trips and Stephanie was really good. Stephanie was killing it on the mic, Rousey was over like gangbusters, and she's one of the biggest PPV draws alive at this moment in time. If it leads to an inter-gender Tag Match next year at Mania, it'll come off even better.

The one thing I could do without is the musical performances. I never know who half of these cunts are.

... I also drank about six whisky and cokes so maybe that helped the enjoyment.

Last edited by Daz on Mar 29, '15, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Tom » Mar 29, '15, 9:57 pm

Circled Square wrote:- Cena wins US title, Rusev is in limbo now

I'd much rather see Rusev in limbo than constantly winning. It was time to end his undefeated streak. Whether Cena was the right guy to end it is another question but I am much more interested in seeing where Rusev goes after a loss than I am after any of his victories in recent months!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Postby Circled Square » Mar 29, '15, 9:58 pm

Tom wrote:

I'd much rather see Rusev in limbo than constantly winning. It was time to end his undefeated streak. Whether Cena was the right guy to end it is another question but I am much more interested in seeing where Rusev goes after a loss than I am after any of his victories in recent months!

True. I see that as well, but you've got a clogged main event...where's Rusev going? A rematch loss against Cena? :crybaby

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Daz » Mar 29, '15, 10:06 pm

Tom wrote:

I just hope he doesn't break away from Lana. WWE does that way too often, breaking up an act that's working prematurely. Del Rio never recovered after Ricardo got taken away from him.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Next

Return to WWE