It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:14 am

Perfect Endings - Elimination Chamber

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Perfect Endings - Elimination Chamber

Postby The Legend » Feb 13, '19, 1:43 pm

I enjoy doing these, so I'll post my thoughts. If anyone wants to throw theirs in as well I'd like to read them. Also, I welcome any feedback on my ideas.

Grudge Match -- Braun Strowman vs Baron Corbin

Over the past few months Corbin has cost Strowman the Universal Championship and orchestrated numerous multi-man attacks on the Monster Among Men, including one that shattered his elbow. On the other side, Strowman has cost Corbin the GM job and orchestrated an attack by all those that Corbin had wronged to win that match. This match has to play out in much of the same way, Corbin is dangerous and he’s even more dangerous because of the lengths he’s willing to go. Corbin needs to be able to keep away from Strowman’s strongest offense and use treachery to inflict some damage. In the end, Strowman finally gets his hands on Corbin and ends the rivalry with a clean victory.

Cruiserweight Championship – Buddy Murphy (c) vs Akira Tozawa w/ The Brian Kendrick

Murphy has been doing a great job as cruiserweight champion and that should continue here. Tozawa has been on a good run since joining Kendrick and getting someone that can help get Tozawa over is a good idea. In the end, Murphy needs to be able to escape Tozawa by catching him in a move and reversing it into Murphy’s Law for the victory.

Intercontinental Championship – Bobby Lashley (c) & Lio Rush vs Finn Balor

The early goings of this match need to prove the odds Balor is against. Lashley starts strong and makes Balor take a pretty good beating. Whenever Balor looks ready to make a comeback Rush is able to distract and annoy until Lashley can get back on track. In the end, Rush goes for a high-risk move, but Balor is able to catch him and use Rush to knock out Lashley. Balor then puts Rush on top of Lashley, hits both with the Coup de Grace and then pins Rush to win the Intercontinental Title.

RAW Women’s Championship – Ronda Rousey (c) vs Ruby Riott

This story needs to start earlier in the night. We see Charlotte in the crowd at the beginning of the night with someone even interviewing her and Flair using the opportunity to continue to gather the heat of this feud. After the first match, the cameras also catch Becky Lynch in the crowd. After the second match, Vince talks to HHH and Stephanie and they decide Becky must be removed from the arena for the women’s championship match. Before this match, they show Becky being removed where she gets taken to the security office, where she proceeds to watch this match on a TV there. Ronda deals with Riott, who is without the Riott Squad as they prepare for the Elimination Chamber match. Afterwards, Charlotte climbs in the ring and stares down Ronda. Charlotte attacks Rousey and gets the upper hand until Becky runs in from the security office and saves Rousey from the attack. (addendum: The next night on RAW Rousey goes to the McMahons and tells them that Charlotte should be punished for attacking her and Becky should replace her in the Mania match. The McMahons instead decide that Charlotte and Becky will face off at Fastlane, the winner goes on to face Rousey and Becky would win that match if I were booking. If WWE books it, it’s a no contest and it’s a triple threat).

Women’s Tag Championship – Hug & Boss Connection vs Absolution vs Naomi & Carmella vs Jax & Tamina vs Riott Squad vs IIconics

Bayley and Sasha start this match against Absolution and the two teams go back and forth, Naomi and Carmella come in next, with Mandy Rose getting into Naomi’s head and using that to allow Sonya to pin Naomi for the first elimination. Sasha eliminates Mandy next. The IIconics come in next and then Jax and Tamina. Bayley pins Peyton before the exhausted Bayley and Sasha get beat by Tamina and Nia. The Riott Squad come in last and use their freshness to catch Nia and Tamina off guard, where they beat Tamnia to be the first winners of the tag belts, so that Bayley and Sasha can continue to pursue the titles into WrestleMania.

SD Tag Championship – McMiz (c) vs The Usos

The match goes along at a pretty steady pace, until Miz and Shane miscommunicate and the Usos capitalize for the victory. After the match, Miz tries to rally Shane, but McMahon just brushes right past him.

WWE Championship – Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kofi Kingston vs Jeff Hardy vs A.J. Styles vs Samoa Joe vs Randy Orton

This match becomes something of various stories. Jeff and AJ team up for a large part of the time against rival Samoa Joe. Joe eventually pins AJ before Jeff pins Joe. Bryan pins Jeff and Kofi pins Orton. Bryan pins Kofi to finish the match and retain the championship.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Perfect Endings - Elimination Chamber

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 14, '19, 10:54 am

This is honestly pretty close to what will probably go down. If Bryan doesn't retain, I'll be very bummed. He's on fire right now, so I don't see him losing in any capacity but you never know with these writers sometimes.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby The Legend » Feb 14, '19, 11:51 am

VaderBomb wrote:This is honestly pretty close to what will probably go down. If Bryan doesn't retain, I'll be very bummed. He's on fire right now, so I don't see him losing in any capacity but you never know with these writers sometimes.

I'll be honest, I have a totally different slant on Daniel Bryan. Don't get me wrong I think he's fantastic and is among the 2-3 of my favorite ring workers in the company right now. That being said, I absolutely hate his character. I hate how Vince McMahon has politicized him and turned him into a villain to push his pea-brained Trumpian Republican agenda, while totally misrepresenting the real factors into these arguments. I don't think since his second SD with the heel turn I've been able to watch a Daniel Bryan promo without fast forwarding at some point in the segment.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 14, '19, 2:03 pm

The Legend wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:This is honestly pretty close to what will probably go down. If Bryan doesn't retain, I'll be very bummed. He's on fire right now, so I don't see him losing in any capacity but you never know with these writers sometimes.

I'll be honest, I have a totally different slant on Daniel Bryan. Don't get me wrong I think he's fantastic and is among the 2-3 of my favorite ring workers in the company right now. That being said, I absolutely hate his character. I hate how Vince McMahon has politicized him and turned him into a villain to push his pea-brained Trumpian Republican agenda, while totally misrepresenting the real factors into these arguments. I don't think since his second SD with the heel turn I've been able to watch a Daniel Bryan promo without fast forwarding at some point in the segment.

I perceive his gimmick to be similar to Punk's straight edge gimmick. We all know that people (who in Bryan's case want to protect the environment) and that people like Punk (don't do drugs) aren't bad people. It's a clever twist because both of those characters would inherently be huge baby faces in those roles, had they not been elitist and condescending.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby The Legend » Feb 14, '19, 3:17 pm

VaderBomb wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I perceive his gimmick to be similar to Punk's straight edge gimmick. We all know that people (who in Bryan's case want to protect the environment) and that people like Punk (don't do drugs) aren't bad people. It's a clever twist because both of those characters would inherently be huge baby faces in those roles, had they not been elitist and condescending.

They turn Bryan's attitude up and make him an elitist snob as a way of attacking environmentalists and just people with common sense who mock Donald Trump and Republicans who deny climate change and other environmental problems.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 18, '19, 11:00 am

The Legend wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:
The Legend wrote:

They turn Bryan's attitude up and make him an elitist snob as a way of attacking environmentalists and just people with common sense who mock Donald Trump and Republicans who deny climate change and other environmental problems.

From what I've heard, the heel turn and gimmick was Bryan's idea. I'm very happy that he retained and Kofi going the distance was awesome.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Feb 18, '19, 2:57 pm

VaderBomb wrote:I perceive his gimmick to be similar to Punk's straight edge gimmick. We all know that people (who in Bryan's case want to protect the environment) and that people like Punk (don't do drugs) aren't bad people. It's a clever twist because both of those characters would inherently be huge baby faces in those roles, had they not been elitist and condescending.

It's not that clever a twist when they always do it this way. They take a positive trait that doesn't line up with their own agenda and then they use it to make the character elitist and condescending, unlikable and hard to relate to. You think that these characters should be huge baby faces in these roles, but can you think of an example of a babyface character in the company's history that espoused these sorts of views?

Straight Edge was only really part of Punk's gimmick when he was heel. The environmentalist angle has only been part of Bryan's gimmick since he's been heel. We knew these things about the people who played the characters but these traits never came to the fore on television until it was time to use them negatively.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 18, '19, 4:34 pm

Hanley! wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:I perceive his gimmick to be similar to Punk's straight edge gimmick. We all know that people (who in Bryan's case want to protect the environment) and that people like Punk (don't do drugs) aren't bad people. It's a clever twist because both of those characters would inherently be huge baby faces in those roles, had they not been elitist and condescending.

It's not that clever a twist when they always do it this way. They take a positive trait that doesn't line up with their own agenda and then they use it to make the character elitist and condescending, unlikable and hard to relate to. You think that these characters should be huge baby faces in these roles, but can you think of an example of a babyface character in the company's history that espoused these sorts of views?

Straight Edge was only really part of Punk's gimmick when he was heel. The environmentalist angle has only been part of Bryan's gimmick since he's been heel. We knew these things about the people who played the characters but these traits never came to the fore on television until it was time to use them negatively.

I don't support any corporate agenda, I just think these wrestlers are/have been doing an amazing job with their characters. I find humor in the fact that I agree with pretty much everything Bryan says in his promos but it's projected as something sinister. I can totally see the value within the opposite argument, but I view it more as an artistic chance for Bryan to be even more entertaining than he's ever been in WWE.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Feb 18, '19, 4:43 pm

It's an interesting idea for a gimmick, but it's less interesting each time they do it. I don't have a particular problem with it like Legend does, but I have heard people online give the gimmick itself more credit than it deserves. It's not a new idea for them.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE