It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 12:33 pm

prophet tries watching WWE again - the thread

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

prophet tries watching WWE again - the thread

Postby prophet » Jan 23, '22, 5:39 pm

So I’ve not watched anything WWE for a long, long time. I’ve particularly not watched it episodically for something like 6 years. However with that said apparently it’s the Royal Rumble this weekend so I’m going to commit myself to watching it - I’ll then watch RAW and Smackdown the following week and see whether I can keep it up.

In this thread I’ll document my thoughts. Let’s how long I can last.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: prophet tries watching WWE again - the thread

Postby prophet » Jan 30, '22, 2:18 pm

First update. Didn’t realise PPV’s were on Saturday’s now so I missed the show. I’ll watch it tonight as planned though don’t worry everyone crisis averted.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 05, '22, 2:00 pm

The Royal Rumble was so bad that Prophet just noped right back out :lol

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Everlong » Feb 07, '22, 7:57 pm

I heard the rumble was awful. Someone please explain.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 08, '22, 10:12 pm

Everlong wrote:I heard the rumble was awful. Someone please explain.

At yer' service. :tim

Both rumbles sucked. Because they released so many people in 2021, literally HALF the participants in the women's rumble were not currently employed by WWE, lmao. So like every other entrant was a "surprise return" by all the... "legends" they could salvage. The crazy thing is that they even brought in Mickie James, who is the current Impact Women's Champion. She even came out to her TNA theme and had the belt with her.

Men's rumble was actually somehow even worse. There were no memorable moments at all, and then Brock Lesnar came in at #30 as a "surprise" (not really, see below) and just tossed out everyone in like 2 minutes, including Big E, who was the WWE Champion a month ago, and Drew Macintyre, who had beaten Brock clean in the main event of Wrestlemania two years ago. Seemed like half the people in the match were nobodys/jobbers. I think there was only one surprise entrant, Shane McMahon, and he got fired two days later because apparently there was heat on him backstage for how he had booked the rumble.

Some people were looking forward Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Lashley because it's an actual dream match, despite the super underwhelming build-up it had. So lo and behold, the match ends up being less than 10 minutes long and Brock takes out Lashley with a single F5. But Roman Reigns interfered and hit Brock with the belt, allowing Lashley to cover him and become the new WWE Champion. As soon as this happened, it was obvious that Brock would go on to win the Rumble.

The one bright spot was that Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns had an outstanding match. In hindsight, it will probably be the match where Reigns should have lost his championship.

In a nutshell, this show just reaffirmed that the only wrestlers that matter in WWE are Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Charlotte Flair, and Ronda Rousey. Everybody else can and will be sacrificed to feed their pushes.

And it's just one of many, many, problems with the product, as I talked about at length in the CM Punk/AEW thread. It's one thing to have a crappy show, but what's getting more and more obnoxious is the absolute ZERO effort being put into any of the booking. How did Brock get the #30 spot after competing in a championship match earlier in the show? Why did Ronda choose to challenge Charlotte at Wrestlemania instead of Becky Lynch? Why does Goldberg keep getting world title matches out of nowhere? Why did Roman cost Brock the tite? Zero explanations, zero effort.

But none of this really matters, because WWE just posted record profits. Even though they've crippled their roster and their product, the company is doing better than ever!

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 20, '22, 2:57 pm

From the snippets I've been catching up on it does seem the company is about Reigns, Lesnar and that's it?

Randy seems to be doing something funny(?) with his younger tag partner on part-time dates but all I see is Brock, whose path for Mania seems to be going over everybody.

Goldberg, with every loss, is turning into Gillberg. Saying that, I think latter could get to the ring quicker than the man himself.

Also, how comes the Mania PPV is over two days again? Is it to make sure everyone gets on the card and also is the Saturday PPV to avoid a clash with the football? Wasn't that happening in the years before?

I wish they did Saturday PPVs for when I would have to stay up until 4am!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby prophet » Apr 04, '22, 1:30 am

KaiserGlider wrote:The Royal Rumble was so bad that Prophet just noped right back out :lol

This is literally what happened :lol

I watched the Rumble and thought it sucked. It had absolutely zero joy whatsoever. Then I watched the following RAW and that was somehow even worse so I gave up on committing to a solid 4 months of that!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Return to WWE