It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:01 am

Terrible wrestler Brie Bella legitimately KO's Liv Morgan

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Terrible wrestler Brie Bella legitimately KO's Liv Morgan

Postby Messiah » Sep 24, '18, 9:10 pm

Saw this on the news feed and checked it out.

I hope Liv is okay. She was out cold.

Crazy how much better her sister became, while Brie hasn't improved at all.

And instead of simply apologizing, she just posts some stupid, artificial-sounding tweet.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Terrible wrestler Brie Bella legitimately KO's Liv Morgan

Postby Hanley! » Sep 25, '18, 6:01 am

She really is awful. Looks like she caught her twice here: once to the jaw which stunned Liv, and she fell into the second kick. I saw the gifs of Brie botched suicide dives from a couple of weeks ago too. I feel bad for thinking about this, but imagine being Daniel Bryan and trying to give your wife any kind of half-positive feedback for her atrocious wrestling.

Sounds like the fault here is mostly on the referee for not ending the match or at least getting Liv out of there. I haven't watched the match, but I heard that Brie dragged Liv to the corner by the neck after this, and that Liv was back in for a spot later on in the match. That's ridiculous considering she had clearly been knocked loopy.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 25, '18, 8:07 am

It hasn't been a good few weeks for Brie.

Hanley! wrote:Sounds like the fault here is mostly on the referee for not ending the match or at least getting Liv out of there. I haven't watched the match, but I heard that Brie dragged Liv to the corner by the neck after this, and that Liv was back in for a spot later on in the match. That's ridiculous considering she had clearly been knocked loopy.

She went for a pinfall right after this where somehow Liv kinda got the shoulder up, probably just instinct. Then she was dragged to the corner and was tagged out. She came back in for a triple suplex spot a few seconds later then went to the floor and Cole said she was taken to the back, except you could see her being tended to at ringside.

Someone should have pulled her before the came back in for the spot. I'm not sure who's job that is at ringside though if the person chooses to come back in. Is the doctor supposed to restrain her, the ref?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Sep 26, '18, 10:33 am

I gotta say I'd love to see the Riott Squad refuse to work with Brie at Super Showdown, she's an injury waiting to happen. If the rest of the locker room boxed WWE into a corner, refusing to work with Brie I wonder what exactly WWE would wind up doing.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Sep 26, '18, 4:25 pm

It must suck to be a woman in modern WWE and watch the Bellas come back to be treated as the biggest stars of a women's revolution pay per view. They suck. They epitomise everything that was bad about the old Divas division. They can't wrestle worth a damn; they can't even talk for that matter. They have their jobs because they're hot, because of who they've slept with, and because of a reality television show.

The women's revolution in WWE was literally a march away from the Bellas. Now they're back and are being treated as pioneers of the movement. That sucks. This women's evolution thing is a total misnomer at this point. In reality the division has regressed massively from where it was a year or two ago. It's all lip service to empowering women, while not allowing them to perform at a high level.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Messiah » Sep 27, '18, 7:09 am

Hanley! wrote:It must suck to be a woman in modern WWE and watch the Bellas come back to be treated as the biggest stars of a women's revolution pay per view. They suck. They epitomise everything that was bad about the old Divas division. They can't wrestle worth a damn; they can't even talk for that matter. They have their jobs because they're hot, because of who they've slept with, and because of a reality television show.

The women's revolution in WWE was literally a march away from the Bellas. Now they're back and are being treated as pioneers of the movement. That sucks. This women's evolution thing is a total misnomer at this point. In reality the division has regressed massively from where it was a year or two ago. It's all lip service to empowering women, while not allowing them to perform at a high level.

Granted I haven’t seen her since she came back, but Nikki Bella isn’t bad IMO. She isn’t great or anything, but she’s pretty decent in the ring - much improved. There’s certainly way better wrestlers than her, but I could at least understand them pushing her.

Brie Bella is the one that flat out sucks. If they had to get rid of one of them, it would need to be Brie

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Sep 27, '18, 11:31 am

Nikki is much better than Brie, and was given a lot of credit for improving towards the end of the period where basically all of their main roster women were still pretty bad. She looked good by comparison back then, but she's way down the list now. She's still being pushed over a dozen women much more talented than she is. Probably a couple of dozen.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 27, '18, 9:33 pm

The Legend wrote:I gotta say I'd love to see the Riott Squad refuse to work with Brie at Super Showdown, she's an injury waiting to happen. If the rest of the locker room boxed WWE into a corner, refusing to work with Brie I wonder what exactly WWE would wind up doing.

Yeah a bunch of replaceable newbies will refuse to work with a well liked person backstage with many friends within the womens division formed over years together, who also happens to star in two reality shows WWE heavily pushes and be married to a top star. That'll go over real well I'm sure. They'll enjoy the indies again.

I think Brie isn't a good wrestler and if she left again tomorrow it wouldn't bother me at all. But the hate she's gotten over this is getting into ridiculous territory now. As evidenced by the numerous wrestlers coming out in her defense. Even good wrestlers have fucked up royally and almost killed people.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Sep 28, '18, 12:27 pm

Brie made a mistake on Monday; it happens to everyone. It happens more if you're fucking awful at your job, but it still happens to everyone. The referee and the guys in the back are more deserving of blame in my opinion for failing to deal with the situation correctly afterwards. Injuries will always be a part of wrestling - when they're as obvious as this one, they should have been able to respond more effectively.

I think a lot of the anger directed at Brie isn't entirely down to knocking out Liv, but stems from her being placed in such a prominent position despite being so much worse than almost everyone else on the roster. That probably gets under people's skin, particularly when it's being done in the name of 'progress'. It's nakedly phony and insincere. But none of that is Brie's fault. If she's offered an opportunity, of course she's going to take it. Anyone would. It's the people making those decisions that should take the lion's share of the criticism.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby PorkChop » Sep 29, '18, 7:49 am

Hanley! wrote:It must suck to be a woman in modern WWE and watch the Bellas come back to be treated as the biggest stars of a women's revolution pay per view. They suck. They epitomise everything that was bad about the old Divas division. They can't wrestle worth a damn; they can't even talk for that matter. They have their jobs because they're hot, because of who they've slept with, and because of a reality television show.

Remember when they had AJ Lee cut that promo on the Bellas (amongst a few other shitty divas) about how they'd sucked up to the right people and how they were plastic and replaceable?

It's quite funny to look back on that now.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Return to WWE