It is currently: May 16, '24, 1:42 pm

Foo Fighters release first song from upcoming album, "Sonic Highways"

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

Foo Fighters release first song from upcoming album, "Sonic Highways"

Postby Everlong » Oct 20, '14, 10:52 am

Definitely encouraging!! I like the sound of this a lot, and I love the way it builds throughout the song. If they can match the quality of Wasting Light this will be an awesome album.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Foo Fighters release first song from upcoming album, "Sonic Highways"

Postby Viazon » Oct 22, '14, 5:38 pm

Love it. I have definitely gotta catch them again when they are back in England.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Postby Romo » Oct 22, '14, 5:40 pm

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby Kyle » Oct 22, '14, 5:55 pm

No Romo, Grohlgasm.

Sounds amazing.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Hanley! » Oct 22, '14, 6:22 pm

It's a good song. I'll have to give it a few more listens though, as so far it doesn't really grab me. The song does sound like it would fit in nicely on Wasting Light, which is probably a good sign. Wasting Light was their best album in years. Maybe even since The Color and the Shape but definitely since There Is Nothing Left to Lose. So I'd like to here more material of that type.

On first listen though, this doesn't grab me as a typical single. Usually most bands (and definitely Foo Fighters) would release pretty catchy singles that you can get into instantly and then other songs like this one would fill out the rest of the album: songs that might be equally as good or even better, but take a little longer to stick in your head. Maybe they have catchier songs remaining on the album, or maybe they're just comfortable enough with their fan base by now that they're just doing whatever they want.

Still, good song though. Just not really what I expected. Makes me interested to hear the rest of the album.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby UTK » Oct 22, '14, 6:54 pm

Not a bad song. I definitely preferred the first half of the song to the second.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Music