It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 3:05 pm

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice Trailer

Talk about movies and television in here!

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice Trailer

Postby DBSoT » Jul 11, '15, 2:49 pm

The first official full length trailer was released today and it is awesome!!!! I was starting to doubt that I would enjoy this movie, but this trailer has really gave me some excitement. I would have added this to my Comic Con thread, but it seems no one was really looking at that thread.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice Trailer

Postby DBSoT » Jul 11, '15, 2:54 pm

*Updated*

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby EmperorWu » Jul 11, '15, 3:58 pm

That looks fucking sick yo!

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby lyonssv » Jul 11, '15, 4:08 pm

holy shit. I was skeptical, but this looks incredible.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 13

Postby UTK » Jul 11, '15, 4:26 pm

I wish they had a new Batman film before they pitted them together.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DBSoT » Jul 11, '15, 8:49 pm

UTK wrote:I wish they had a new Batman film before they pitted them together.
The next Batman film is suppose to be directed by Ben Affleck, so that could be cool. I think that movie may take place before BvS and tell the story of how the Joker killed Robin leading to Batman's retirement. It does get foreshadowed in this trailer with the Robin suit that has the Joker's grafiti on it.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Ali » Jul 11, '15, 11:52 pm

... huh.

This looks... more interesting than the first movie and trailer. And one thing I really like? COLOR! HONEST-TO-GOD COLOR! I can tell that Superman's costume is blue and red, and I even see the yellow on the chest emblem! It's not washed out to almost grayscale! YES!

The problem is... we already know pretty much all of the plot points of this movie, right down to the ending. If you know that DC is planning an extended film universe, you know how this movie ends. In the interest of "spoilers", I won't directly outline the entirety of the plot bullet-for-bullet, but it's not hard to see what's going to happen.

Final prediction: This movie will still be kind of a let-down. It'll be better than Man of Steel, the acting will be really good, the effects will be fine, but it's probably gonna suffer for the writing. Not just from the predictable story, but also the fact that Zack Snyder still might not know how to pace films. Just give good breaks between action scenes, dude.

Bonus prediction: Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor will completely steal this movie. He's gonna keep it fun.

Now, the Ben Affleck-helmed Batman movie... that'll be interesting.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Everlong » Jul 13, '15, 10:23 am

Can someone explain to me how Batman is supposed to realistically be able to fight back against Superman without getting obliterated?

The movie does look a bit more intriguing than it did in the first trailer but I'm still not sold on the premise and with Zack Snyder at the helm there's a ton of reason to be skeptical it'll be any good.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby DBSoT » Jul 13, '15, 11:35 am

Everlong wrote:Can someone explain to me how Batman is supposed to realistically be able to fight back against Superman without getting obliterated?

The movie does look a bit more intriguing than it did in the first trailer but I'm still not sold on the premise and with Zack Snyder at the helm there's a ton of reason to be skeptical it'll be any good.
Kryptonite. It's really that simple. He has the ability to weaken Superman when ever he chooses and also I believe the mechanical suit he wears in the trailer is similar to the Hulk-buster suit that Iron Man wore to fight the Hulk. I don't think it's that hard to believe. Batman is suppose to be the greatest detective in the world with almost unlimited cash to use. He could easily find ways to fight Superman that didn't involve him getting smashed.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Jul 13, '15, 12:02 pm

Batman has ways of taking down any one of his super hero friends. Just in case. Superman is no different.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Locke » Jul 14, '15, 9:05 am

Case in point: Lex Luthor is the main villain for Superman - he's just a rich asshole without super powers. How is he any more credible than Batman?

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 14, '15, 9:40 am

This honestly doesn't look very good.

My girlfriend will surely drag me to see this one but I have little interest after seeing the trailer, especially considering that we all know how it's going to play out and end.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Jul 14, '15, 11:24 am

It looks like a bit of an incoherent mess. It's about three films rolled into one. The Batman vs Superman concept is just fan service - something that might sound cool for a trailer, but which won't make for a great movie. And it's directed by Zack Snyder. So I'm really not very interested.

I think it would be possible to make a good movie out of one of the ideas this trailer is putting across. I'd like to see a film about Superman having to deal with the fact that half of the world fears and distrusts him, and trying to win over the public: all while Lex Luger launches a smear campaign against him. That could make for a really good film if done well.

But I don't believe that's what we'll get from Zack Snyder. Particularly when we have the Batman vs Superman fight to deal with too, and working in Wonder Woman somewhere, and trying to set up for a Justice League movie. That's the problem I have with superhero movies these days. Creating a strong script is never the priority: the priority is adding stuff that will look good in a trailer, adding as many characters as possible so there's plenty of announcements and releases to make to keep people talking, and promoting the NEXT movie.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Ali » Jul 14, '15, 11:27 am

Hanley! wrote:all while Lex Luger launches a smear campaign against him

I would pay all of the money to see that.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Hanley! » Jul 14, '15, 11:45 am

Perfect Freudian slip. I'm not even going to go back and correct that. I think it'd be better if it was Luger.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Daz » Jul 14, '15, 11:53 am

They've put together an entertaining trailer? So what? Snyder is fantastic at creating cool visual shots and that's essentially what this is. When you get to the actual film though, especially with the amount of story they've set themselves up to tell, I have zero confidence that this will actually have the substance to be any good.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Return to Movies and TV