It is currently: Jun 01, '24, 10:37 pm

Would you like to be an actor if you were given the chance?

Talk about movies and television in here!

Would you like to be an actor if you were given the chance?

Postby Matteo » Sep 11, '14, 9:08 pm

Take aside factors like money, fame and other things - does the actual notion of acting appeal to you? It's something I've given a lot of thought to lately. The idea of 'hiding' behind a character and being somebody else seems strangely comforting. I did a bit of acting in high school and my teacher recommended I pursue it, but it never really interested me then.

Still, being somebody else and having the platform to do so seems pretty cool to me. You often hear about a lot of actors loving their job because they're insecure about themselves and have the opportunity to be somebody else... It sort of makes sense.

Your thoughts?

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 195

Re: Would you like to be an actor if you were given the chance?

Postby Everlong » Sep 11, '14, 9:10 pm

Hell yeah, if I was guaranteed to be somewhat successful I'd totally do it. I act on stage a lot in local productions which is obviously different than screen/film acting, but it's still a ton of fun and if I had a chance to realistically do it for a living I'd jump at it.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Sep 12, '14, 3:17 pm

Most definitely.

I loved doing drama at school, took it as one of my main subjects. Like yourself, the idea of portraying someone else - a someone who is a complete contrast to me as a person - was exciting and challenging. I still remember my final drama performance in school with pride.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Viazon » Sep 12, '14, 3:54 pm

I would have loved to have been an actor. It something I always wanted to do. I just know I wouldn't be any good at it.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Chewy » Sep 12, '14, 5:23 pm

No, I don't fancy heroin.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Kyle » Sep 13, '14, 1:21 pm

Most definitely. I've always loved playing other characters.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby PorkChop » Sep 13, '14, 5:51 pm

I'd like the money, but I couldn't cope with the fame or the pressure. Not my kind of thing. I'd pretty much be a Terrence Malick-esque hermit.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Hanley! » Sep 13, '14, 6:03 pm

I think I'd like to try it as a hobby. I was in some pantomimes as a kid and my parents have been in theatre groups for my entire life, so I've helped out with some things in the past - lighting, making posters, sound, helping with the props and stuff like that. Relatively minor things, but I've been around the theatre for a long time.

I also go to shows a lot, so it's something I enjoy from the audience perspective.

I wouldn't want it as a career though. When it comes to the arts, I'm more interested in the creative aspect. I'd prefer to be a writer to an actor. But at some point in the future, I could definitely see myself joining a drama group just as a pass time. Something for a bit of fun, and a bit of a release and as a way of meeting new people.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Kein » Sep 14, '14, 10:47 am

Big time or small actor I don't care, if I was given the opportunity I would definitely jump on it. There are a ton of life experiences to come from being an actor, its not all flowers and fun, it's stressful and it takes a lot of learning, and hard work. But the experience you get from all of it looks so worth it.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Return to Movies and TV