It is currently: May 07, '24, 10:26 am

Films that have made you cry

Talk about movies and television in here!

Films that have made you cry

Postby PorkChop » May 26, '14, 4:22 pm

Come on, own up :P

I used to cry all the time at E.T. when I was a kid, haha. Most recently I shed a manly tear at the end of Seven Pounds. Awesome film.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Films that have made you cry

Postby JDD » May 26, '14, 4:30 pm

The begining of Up. If that didnt make you shed a tear then you have no heart.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 78

Postby HardcoreLegend » May 26, '14, 4:32 pm

I think the only film I've cried at was The Lion King when Mufasa died. And obviously Toy Story 3 took me to the edge, but didn't quite get me. I don't know, I just tend not to get too emotionally attached to films.

TV series on the other hand are a different story. I think the last one that got me was The Big C ending.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 50

Postby SKS » May 27, '14, 1:23 pm

Marley and Me. Also Invincible: the Vince Papale story I cried like a baby when his dad was cheering him on. "That's my boy". :crybaby

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Daz » May 27, '14, 1:25 pm

The Return of the King, always.

Up ... every fucking time.

Toy Story 3 when they're in the incinerator. Bloody Pixar.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Ali » May 27, '14, 1:39 pm

The Incinerator scene in TS3 almost got me, but I knew there was no way they'd actually do it, right? ... Right? That scene made me more tense than anything, like, "Oh my God, this is actually happening! What the F*CK, Pixar?!" I still don't think I would've cried immediately if they had actually gone through with it, I would've just been sitting there in stunned silence for a while.

The scene in Toy Story 3 that really breaks me down just thinking about it is the end, when Andy is giving away all of his toys to Molly. You really feel the emotional connection Andy has with all of these characters that he's imprinted part of his soul upon. You sense how much he cares for them, and it's letting go of childhood that is so hard for him. The movie never gets enough credit for showing you, in a very short amount of time, the full depth of Andy's story, and that is the scene that just demolishes me into a blubbering mess.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Locke » May 27, '14, 2:03 pm

I won't mention movies that have already been mentioned, since I'm late to the party. So how about What Dreams May Come? That movie guts me so badly, I can't even watch it anymore.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Georgerv » May 27, '14, 2:22 pm

Toy Story 3, the very end of The Wrestler.

The first time i saw Team America I was crying with laughter

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby blackparade » May 27, '14, 3:37 pm

The Green Mile and Click are two that I can remember.

blackparade Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 1

Postby Westcoastvibes » May 27, '14, 8:57 pm

^the green mile almost got me, also, the end of saving Private Ryan when he is standing in the graveyard over the captains grave

Dont know if it counts but my son balled his eyes out during transformers 2 when O-Primzy got killed in the forest.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby War Daddy » May 27, '14, 9:18 pm

Im a man, I dont cry. 8)

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby ShaneOfan » May 27, '14, 10:11 pm

Call me a wuss but while I don't blubber like a baby there are plenty of movies that bring a tear to the eye.

-Up
-Glory, hell a few scenes in that one do it for me.
-The Pursuit of Happyness
-Rudy, "Rudy...Rudy...Rudy..."
-Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile
-It's a Wonderful Life

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Ali » May 27, '14, 10:16 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:Im a man, I dont cry. 8)

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love."
-Washington Irving

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Westcoastvibes » May 27, '14, 10:59 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:Call me a wuss but while I don't blubber like a baby there are plenty of movies that bring a tear to the eye.

-Up
-Glory, hell a few scenes in that one do it for me.
-The Pursuit of Happyness
-Rudy, "Rudy...Rudy...Rudy..."
-Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile
-It's a Wonderful Life

I forgot about glory, that one earned some moisture.

Brave heart got some from my wife, I found it to cinematic though.
Notable chick flicks
- dear john
- a walk to remember
- the notebook (surprised this one has not been mentioned yet)

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Chewy » May 28, '14, 3:33 am

Alpha Beast wrote:Im a man, I dont cry. 8)

W3rd.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Kreashko » Jun 26, '16, 8:58 am

Signs, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3. Those are the only one's that come to mind.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to Movies and TV