It is currently: May 09, '24, 5:46 pm

Favorite and least favorite directors.

Talk about movies and television in here!

Favorite and least favorite directors.

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 28, '14, 11:59 am

Favorite:
-Francis Ford Copala gets a shout for sure. Dude is the reason for two of my favorite movies ever. The first two Godfather movies are some of the best ever made.

-Martin Scorsese is another great director who has always impressed me. Really has yet to direct something I did not like.

Least:
-Aaron Seltzer dude has taken a shit on the spoof side of the film industry. His movies are so bad I wonder if THEY are spoofs of spoof movies.

-Stanly Kubiak. It's not that he is bad, he has made some decent movies, I just can't stand him. He has never done anything I would consider a masterpiece. Pretty much the only thing he did that I truly liked was Dr. Strangelove. Other then that, most of it is bleh.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 260

Re: Favorite and least favorite directors.

Postby PorkChop » Apr 28, '14, 12:36 pm

I've never been a fan of Kubrick either, and I really don't get people who love A Clockwork Orange.

David Fincher and Christopher Nolan are my favourites.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby SKS » Apr 28, '14, 1:30 pm

I like Quentin Tarantino, Martin Scorsese, and Christopher Nolan.

Michael Bay ruins everything I love. Fuck Michael Bay.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby UTK » Apr 28, '14, 1:53 pm

Wes Anderson is currently my favorite director (who is currently still working.)

Fuck Michael Bay

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Matteo » Apr 28, '14, 8:40 pm

Shane, have you seen The Conversation?

Favourites:

Ozu
Kurosawa
Tarkvosky
Malle
Chaplin
Keaton
Lynch
Bergman
Kubrick
Lynch
Tati
Mizoguchi
Teshigaraha

Least-favourites:

Godard
Cronenberg
Nolan

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby Everlong » Apr 28, '14, 9:22 pm

^^Extremely surprised at the lack of Malick on your list!

Currently I'm a big fan of Nolan's as I've tremendously enjoyed all of his movies, but I think my top favorites now would be the Coens. They do fantastic work. Scorcese is a good shout too, but he's been rather inconsistent (although with a career as long as his, you're allowed a few stinkers). Spike Jonze has had a few movies that I've really enjoyed, but I dunno if I'd consider him a favorite. Wes Anderson is another good one.

Least favorite is probably James Cameron, mostly because he's a gigantic asshole. I also think that outside of a couple movies, Ridley Scott is really overrated.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Matteo » Apr 29, '14, 1:41 am

^^ ah, Malick. man, i forgot about him.

good call on the Coen Brothers, too. they're excellent filmmakers, and truly one of the best alive in America today. have you seen Inside Llewyn Davis yet, their latest flick?

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 29, '14, 7:23 am

NoDQ wrote:Conversation

I have not but it has Gene Hackman and John Cazzale in it and is Directed by Coppola it has to be good.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Apr 29, '14, 8:22 am

NoDQ wrote:^^ ah, Malick. man, i forgot about him.

good call on the Coen Brothers, too. they're excellent filmmakers, and truly one of the best alive in America today. have you seen Inside Llewyn Davis yet, their latest flick?

I have not, but it's definitely on my list. I've heard great things.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Matteo » Apr 30, '14, 12:25 am

ShaneOfan wrote:
NoDQ wrote:Conversation

I have not but it has Gene Hackman and John Cazzale in it and is Directed by Coppola it has to be good.

yep, i'd say it's better than The Godfather films and even Apoc. Now. it's truly a brilliant film, featuring some of the best sound design and direction in the history of American cinema.

Everlong wrote:
NoDQ wrote:^^ ah, Malick. man, i forgot about him.

I have not, but it's definitely on my list. I've heard great things.

let us know what you think if you end up seeing it.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Return to Movies and TV