It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 7:52 am

Solo

Talk about movies and television in here!

Solo

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 02, '18, 2:38 pm

I know there are some big Star Wars fans here. Has anyone seen Solo? Reviews are lower than they were for The Last Jedi but fans seem more entertained/less angry with this one in comparison. Do you guys think releasing Solo less than half a year after the last Star Wars film was a bad call, and that there are too many Star Wars movies being released now? I'm interested to hear your overall thoughts on the "new" Star Wars film lineup from The Force Awakens to Rogue One, Last Jedi, and then this one.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Solo

Postby Everlong » Jun 02, '18, 3:18 pm

Haven't seen it--definitely won't in the theater, due to a variety of factors... lack of time, lack of interest (this has always felt like the Star Wars movie nobody wanted/asked for) and lack of willingness to support the franchise so quickly after what was, IMO, a pretty bad outing in The Last Jedi.

I've heard people enjoy it, which is great, but I'm also glad to see it's been a box office disappointment, as it shows it takes more than just the Star Wars name to smash box office marks.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Re: Solo

Postby Hanley! » Jun 02, '18, 4:40 pm

Everyone who I've heard talking about it has had the same reaction: it's fine, but not great, and certainly not necessary. I haven't seen it, and I'm not going to see it. I don't feel like anyone really wanted this film. Prequels rarely go over well, and it didn't feel like we needed anymore of Han's story. And apart from that, it's not even been six months since the last Star Wars film. It's too much.

I'm only really interested in the current trilogy. I didn't watch Rogue One either. The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi were both pretty good, I thought. I'll be interested in watching the last film in the trilogy. But after that I'd be happy with no more Star Wars for the foreseeable future.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to Movies and TV