It is currently: May 01, '24, 6:46 pm

Game of Thrones

Talk about movies and television in here!

Game of Thrones

Postby Settee » Oct 09, '13, 9:24 pm

Do you watch Game of Thrones? Its one of the only shows that I still watch. I cannot wait till season 4, should be brutally and horrifically amazing.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 49

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Everlong » Oct 09, '13, 10:02 pm

Hell yeah. One of my favorite shows, and I'm a huge fan of the book series as well. I believe they're filming season four as we speak... should be some fantastic stuff to come!

Favorite characters are probably Tyrion, Jaime and Jon.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby JDD » Oct 10, '13, 5:25 am

Planning on starting this soon, now that i really dont have a show to watch with Breaking Bad gone. Should i read the books first or is the show fone to watch on its own?

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 10, '13, 9:50 am

The latter half of Book 3 is pure condensed awesome, so yeah, Season 4 is going to be fucking amazing.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby prophet » Oct 10, '13, 10:14 am

My favourite show ever - I rate it higher than Breaking Bad and that's not an easy thing to say!

I'm currently reading Book 3 Part 2 so I seem to have timed things nicely and I can't fucking wait for Season 4 to start. I'd probably agree with Tim on favourite characters, last season I really warmed to Jaime a great deal. Jorah Mormont is another favourite of mine, interesting to see if they explore in detail his feelings towards Dany this coming season after slightly foreshadowing something along those lines when Daario appeared.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 10, '13, 11:07 am

So The Mountain Gregor Clegane got recast, just saw this image of him and Cersei on reddit:

From what I hear it's because he actually has to do fight scenes (Which I am REALLY looking forward to) now and the old guy wasn't able to do that. He certainly seems big enough.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby HFX » Oct 10, '13, 1:17 pm

jdd123 wrote:Planning on starting this soon, now that i really dont have a show to watch with Breaking Bad gone. Should i read the books first or is the show fone to watch on its own?

I'd recommend you read the books at some point. They are masterfully done and probably my favorite series ever. I also love the show and think it's the best thing to ever hit TV. The acting is pretty good and they capture the story fairly well.

I'd say maybe watch a season then read the corresponding book after. Some(A LOT) people read the books first and get disappointed by what gets left out. The books are incredibly long but don't let that frighten you as it's been worth the trip so far.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby MCBlair » Oct 11, '13, 10:01 am

I'm a massive fan of the series. Reading my way through the books just now. I am reading A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons simultaneously as i found a website which allows you to position the chapters chronologically.... great idea if you haven't reached that bit yet.

As for the TV series, It does a great job of the books. My favorites are John, Tyrion and Ayra just now.

MCBlair None specified
Mark
Mark

Postby Everlong » Oct 11, '13, 11:06 am

SlightlyJames wrote:So The Mountain Gregor Clegane got recast, just saw this image of him and Cersei on reddit:

From what I hear it's because he actually has to do fight scenes (Which I am REALLY looking forward to) now and the old guy wasn't able to do that. He certainly seems big enough.

This is the third Mountain they've had :lol This guy looks WAY better for the part than the guy in season 2, though.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Oct 11, '13, 11:19 am

MCBlair wrote:I'm a massive fan of the series. Reading my way through the books just now. I am reading A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons simultaneously as i found a website which allows you to position the chapters chronologically.... great idea if you haven't reached that bit yet.

As for the TV series, It does a great job of the books. My favorites are John, Tyrion and Ayra just now.

Good to have you back, man.

That reading books 4 and 5 together idea is pretty cool. If I ever go back and read the series again, I might do that. You do miss certain characters when they're just not involved in the book. Also I seem to recall that Dance with Dragons didn't have that many of my favourites in it.

Tyrion and Arya are both great in the show ... I'm kind of wondering how they'll be in future seasons though. As both Tyrion and Arya become less enjoyable to read later on, in my opinion. Pretty dramatically so actually.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 11, '13, 11:56 am

Hanley! wrote:
MCBlair wrote:I'm a massive fan of the series. Reading my way through the books just now. I am reading A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons simultaneously as i found a website which allows you to position the chapters chronologically.... great idea if you haven't reached that bit yet.

Good to have you back, man.

That reading books 4 and 5 together idea is pretty cool. If I ever go back and read the series again, I might do that. You do miss certain characters when they're just not involved in the book. Also I seem to recall that Dance with Dragons didn't have that many of my favourites in it.

Tyrion and Arya are both great in the show ... I'm kind of wondering how they'll be in future seasons though. As both Tyrion and Arya become less enjoyable to read later on, in my opinion. Pretty dramatically so actually.

The limited airtime could work to their advantage in that respect. A lot of the time the show ends up being cliffnotes of what happens in the book and some of the parts that tend to drag on can just highlight the important stuff and move along.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Return to Movies and TV