It is currently: May 13, '24, 3:22 am

CM Punk's UFC debut announced

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

CM Punk's UFC debut announced

Postby PorkChop » Jun 23, '16, 3:55 am

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: CM Punk's UFC debut announced

Postby Daz » Jun 23, '16, 4:14 am

The funeral is booked for the following Tuesday.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 23, '16, 8:06 am

Odds that this fight actually happens on that date?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Jun 23, '16, 9:25 am

Str8Shooter wrote:Odds that this fight actually happens on that date?

Or, odds that it actually turns out to be a fight and not an embarrassing massacre?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Circled Square » Jun 23, '16, 10:56 am

This nigga knows (how to put his own life in danger)

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 23, '16, 12:35 pm

I'll predict it now. Punk loses badly at 203, thanks the UFC for the opportunity to live his dream of fighting, retires from MMA. He then debuts in New Japan on the Jan.4 Tokyo Dome show next year.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Jun 23, '16, 12:45 pm

CM Punks debut on September 10th is at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, the very same arena he walked out of on the 1/27/14 episode of RAW.

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby Hanley! » Jun 23, '16, 1:05 pm

I'm not sure Punk will ever come back to wrestling. After enough years he'll probably make once off appearances on WWE anniversary shows for the pay day, but I'd guess he never goes back to being a professional wrestler. Maybe it's just an act for the UFC and its fans, but he acts so above wrestling now.

He'll probably just keep writing comics and appearing on podcasts and do some other random *insert celebrity here* jobs from now on. You know, after his UFC career goes down in flames.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » Jun 23, '16, 1:58 pm

I'd like to see him win even if he's an overrated fat manlet who needs to take a shower, hit the weights and get a clue. Everybody is expecting him to get destroyed, and for good reason.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 23, '16, 2:23 pm

Hanley! wrote:I'm not sure Punk will ever come back to wrestling. After enough years he'll probably make once off appearances on WWE anniversary shows for the pay day, but I'd guess he never goes back to being a professional wrestler. Maybe it's just an act for the UFC and its fans, but he acts so above wrestling now.

He'll probably just keep writing comics and appearing on podcasts and do some other random *insert celebrity here* jobs from now on. You know, after his UFC career goes down in flames.

I think it's a lock he comes back to wrestling. There's way too much money on the table for him to walk away forever. Plus he's young enough and with the break he's had his body might be in decent enough shape for another run.

I'm not sure I see him going on the indy circuit because there might not be enough money or attention in it. But he could make some serious coin in New Japan and eventually a WWE return.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Jun 23, '16, 3:37 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Hanley! wrote:I'm not sure Punk will ever come back to wrestling. After enough years he'll probably make once off appearances on WWE anniversary shows for the pay day, but I'd guess he never goes back to being a professional wrestler. Maybe it's just an act for the UFC and its fans, but he acts so above wrestling now.

I think it's a lock he comes back to wrestling. There's way too much money on the table for him to walk away forever. Plus he's young enough and with the break he's had his body might be in decent enough shape for another run.

I'm not sure I see him going on the indy circuit because there might not be enough money or attention in it. But he could make some serious coin in New Japan and eventually a WWE return.

Have you seen his interviews with Ariel Helwani? He says he despises what wrestling has become and has no desire to ever compete again. He also says he doesn't care about money. He seems pissed off every time Helwani asks him about wrestling as that chapter in his life is closed.

It's definitely not a lock that he returns to wrestling at any point in the near future, and the older he gets, the less likely it is too.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Hanley! » Jun 23, '16, 5:00 pm

Yeah, how dare people ask the famous pro wrestler about wrestling? He's a super serious MMA star now! You know ... despite never having had any matches. And despite the fact that he's probably going to suck at it. Get over yourself Punk, and better yet, get your head out of your ass. If these guys forget that you used to be a big wrestling star, they might start to wonder why the hell they're investing in you in the first place.

Celebrities can be so entitled and stupid. It reminds me of McGregor whining about having to do so much media. Boo freaking hoo. If McGregor hadn't been running his mouth in all those interviews, nobody would know who the fuck he is and there's no way he'd be a champion raking in millions of dollars.

These people need to experience some real problems apparently.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 23, '16, 5:01 pm

PorkChop wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:

Have you seen his interviews with Ariel Helwani? He says he despises what wrestling has become and has no desire to ever compete again. He also says he doesn't care about money. He seems pissed off every time Helwani asks him about wrestling as that chapter in his life is closed.

It's definitely not a lock that he returns to wrestling at any point in the near future, and the older he gets, the less likely it is too.

I haven't seen the interviews, but I do know the history of pro wrestlers (and that's what Punk is deep down) and being "retired". And how does he despise "what it's become" lol, he just left a couple years ago, has it changed that much?

He may feel he's done right now. But a man has to make a living and the amount of money he can make wrestling is more than he'll make doing anything else. He wants to have a good life for him and his wife and perhaps future children. I just feel like even if it takes a couple years, the lure will be too much and he'll have one last big money run.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 24, '16, 12:40 pm

Maybe Punk will return to the WWE and steamrolled into a WM main event against another big name, with a big payday, at the expense of an up and coming guy? You know, the same sort of scenario that Punk resented when Rock came back in 2011.

TBF, I've listened to quite a few of Punk's interviews and I have come to like him as a bloke when he explains his reasons for going to UFC and I do admire him and root for him when he makes his debut. I don't think he's responded to any wrestling questions as bad as it's made out, infact in the UFC Unfiltered, he seemed quite relaxed and open about it. Same thing happens when a wrestler leaves to do something else, from 2006-2010 I'd say, it was clear Rock didn't want to talk about wrestling at all hence he went diplomatic and brief when he was asked about the WWE.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to General Sports Discussion