It is currently: May 02, '24, 12:51 pm

Does anyone here watch women's sports?

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Does anyone here watch women's sports?

Postby PorkChop » Apr 16, '16, 8:29 am

I watch women's MMA, as it's featured on the same cards as men's MMA. It's often not as good as women's MMA is still in its infancy compared to men's MMA, but there are a few really exciting female fighters out there. Tate, Holm, Rousey, Zingano, Cyborg, Jedrzejczyk, Namajunas, and a couple of others are fun to watch, moreso than many male fighters.

Aside from that, I can't say I watch any women's sports. I catch a bit of women's tennis on the odd occasion, but I'm not a big fan of tennis anyway.

What about you?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Does anyone here watch women's sports?

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 16, '16, 9:18 am

Same as you. Don't watch any besides a few games (not full matches, or even sets) of women's tennis.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby Circled Square » Apr 16, '16, 10:48 am

I find it to he a watered down version of the male sport, so nah. Nothing wrong with women in sports though, it's just not my cup of tea.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Hanley! » Apr 16, '16, 1:28 pm

It's hard to measure how much interest there is in women's sports, because there's not as much opportunity to follow them. Even if nobody here watches women's sports, it wouldn't mean that nobody wants to. A lot of the time it's just not possible, or at least damned inconvenient.

The only sport I really follow other than wrestling (where I appreciate the women as much as the men) is rugby. I do follow women's rugby when I can. I watch the Irish women's games when I can. But that's not too often, as most of the games literally aren't televised. Occasionally they'll show a game when it's a tournament decider or something like that. But much of the time, it's just not possible to catch the games. Which is a shame, because often the women's games are more entertaining than the men's: there's been less focus on the women bulking up than the men, so their games can sometimes be faster and more free-flowing.

We were putting in a bid for the women's rugby world cup though, so I'd definitely try and go to some of those matches if we end up getting the tournament, to show some support.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to General Sports Discussion