It is currently: May 15, '24, 10:57 am

Daniel Cormier injured, out of UFC 197

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Daniel Cormier injured, out of UFC 197

Postby PorkChop » Apr 02, '16, 2:24 am

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/1/113 ... -jon-jones

Fuck everything about this. I really wanted Jones to come back and destroy this guy. Hopefully now the rematch will take place at UFC 200.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Daniel Cormier injured, out of UFC 197

Postby prophet » Apr 02, '16, 4:09 am

What I love about this whole thing is that DC isn't even wrong in what he's being saying; he's a good role model and Jones as a human being is a piece of shit...but we all still love Jones and everyone hates Cormier :lol :lol

Sure I'm bummed but this just gives Bones that added 'you're a pussy' bow to add to his quiver. I'd like to see Gus step in but I reckon they'll most likely opt for Rumble. Depends on the severity of his injury but maybe they'll save the rematch for their debut in New York? Can't see them rearranging for 200 given that they're trying to put Robbie on that card.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Daniel Cormier injured, out of UFC 197

Postby PorkChop » Apr 02, '16, 1:02 pm

Something I've noticed, which hasn't really been mentioned elsewhere, is that Cormier REALLY wanted Jones to go to jail again, so the fight was called off.

Cormier has been injured for some time. People were saying about a week ago that they saw him at a wrestling tournament with a visible limp, and other people said they saw him on crutches. People have asked why he didn't he just announce the injury then, but it's clear to see why.

Jones was in trouble with the police at this point and it looked like the fight would be called off, with Jones going to jail or having his license to fight revoked. Cormier kept his injury quiet because he was totally hoping for Jones to cancel, so he could do the whole "I told you people! Jon Jones hasn't changed! routine.

Jones managed to escape with what is effectively a slap on the wrist, and the fight was still on. Cormier then sheepishly announces an injury and pulls out. Cormier was desperately hoping for Jones to pull out and cancel the fight so he could use it as ammunition, but now he has to be the one who lets everyone down and not Jones. Unfortunately for Cormier, people now want Jones to crush him even more than they did in the first place. This has been a complete disaster for him.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Return to General Sports Discussion