It is currently: May 13, '24, 7:51 pm

Do you hate any sports teams / athletes for petty reasons?

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Do you hate any sports teams / athletes for petty reasons?

Postby PorkChop » Nov 24, '15, 7:40 am

We all have teams/people we dislike for various sporting-related reasons, but what's the pettiest, most ridiculous reason you hate a team or athlete?

On Football Manager a couple of years ago I was sacked by Sheffield United, and for this reason, I hold a moderate hatred against the real team. Whenever they lose in real life I feel quite smug.

About 8 years ago in a game at Villa Park, Paul Konchesky knocked over a pitch-side microphone when taking a throw in. There was no need to knock over the microphone, but he did, and I hate him for it.

I'll add more later.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Do you hate any sports teams / athletes for petty reasons?

Postby Messiah » Nov 24, '15, 8:19 am

Russell Wilson because he is too humble and professional.

I know how silly it sounds, but I just can't stand him and I know a lot of football fans who feel the same. Even Fitzgerald, maybe the classiest guy in the NFL, doesn't reach the levels of obnoxiousness that Wilson reaches. I don't know what it is that makes Wilson so different, but every time he talks it just bothers me. Like the dude is the most cliche athlete ever and speaks like he is participating in a presidential debate every week with the most politically correct answers ever.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby DBSoT » Nov 24, '15, 10:50 am

Tom Brady. He has played for the two most annoying fan bases on the planet and has won a lot during. It doesn't help that he is possibly the greatest ever at his position and has a super model wife. Most of my hate for him has to do with the people that root for him. Every time you try to discuss Brady with those people, they can't shut up about how much better he is then anyone else. They never admit his faults and act like by proxy they are the greatest fans for supporting him. As minor as deflating a football is, it was annoying that his fans wouldn't accept that he did it. We wouldn't have to listen to months of worthless media coverage about deflated footballs if Brady would have just admitted fault and moved on.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Ali » Nov 24, '15, 10:58 am

Is it petty to hate DeAndre Jordan and the Los Angeles Clippers for what they did to the Mavs this summer?

Context: NBA Free Agents are allowed to agree to deals on July 1, but not allowed to actually sign until July 10. Jordan agreed to sign with the Dallas Mavericks on July 4, so the Mavs thought they had Maximum Money tied up with him, and essentially stopped looking for big names, especially at Center, where there was a somewhat limited free agent pool. Then, on July 9, the Clippers contigent of Doc Rivers, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, and more show up at DeAndre's house in Houston, locking Mark Cuban and the Mavs out. When the clock strikes midnight, Jordan signs with the Clips, leaving the Mavs looking for scraps.

Then it comes out that Jordan made contact with Rivers, regretting signing with Dallas and asking to meet with the Clips again. He did this without notifying the Mavs of his concerns or decisions.

It's okay to change your mind. But to essentially hold a team hostage while players go off the board, then not let them know when you change your mind is just wrong.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Return to General Sports Discussion