It is currently: May 11, '24, 10:59 pm

Ronda Rousey loses by KO at UFC 193

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Ronda Rousey loses by KO at UFC 193

Postby DBSoT » Nov 14, '15, 11:59 pm

Holly Holm KOs Ronda Rousey in the 2nd round at UFC 193. This is Ronda Rousey's first loss.

Sounds like she got beat pretty bad in both rounds. This could be terrible for UFC or very good if they can get a good rematch.

Last edited by DBSoT on Nov 15, '15, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: Ronda Rousey loses by KO at UFC 193

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 15, '15, 12:02 am

Holy fuck, I hadn't even heard anything about her fighting never mind losing! So much for being unstoppable eh? :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 15, '15, 12:02 am

Holy fuck, I hadn't even heard anything about her fighting never mind losing! So much for being unstoppable eh? :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Messiah » Nov 15, '15, 12:05 am

Good. I really don't like Ronda Rousey. She's so fucking smug and overhyped. At least guys like Mayweather keep it real.

Didn't Rousey say she could be a champion in boxing? LOL

Last edited by Messiah on Nov 15, '15, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby DBSoT » Nov 15, '15, 12:06 am

Per SportsCenter: Ronda Rousey was put in an ambulance and taken to the hospital.

She must have been beat pretty damn bad.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Nov 15, '15, 12:09 am

DBSoT wrote:Per SportsCenter: Ronda Rousey was put in an ambulance and taken to the hospital.

She must have been beat pretty damn bad.

Yeah everything I'm reading is saying she got fucking slaughtered.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Messiah » Nov 15, '15, 12:16 am

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Nov 15, '15, 12:26 am

Madden curse extends to UFC. They came out with this cover a week ago.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Daz » Nov 15, '15, 12:34 am

Ronda fought like she wanted to get beat and Holm just picked her off piece by piece with clinical strikes.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Messiah » Nov 15, '15, 12:35 am

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Nov 15, '15, 12:51 am

^I am sure that is Mayweather's real reaction, but he is a still a POS. With that said, the Mayweather vs Rousey stuff was always a ridiculous fantasy.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby EmperorWu » Nov 15, '15, 1:24 am

Daz wrote:Ronda fought like she wanted to get beat and Holm just picked her off piece by piece with clinical strikes.

Her secret plan all along. Now she can follow her true dream. Becoming WWE Diva's Champion. :P

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Messiah » Nov 15, '15, 1:49 am

Rousey looked sloppy as hell, like she didn't even belong in the same ring.

Also Holm making Rousey fall down in the 2nd round simply off footwork was amazing. That is .gif material.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Nov 15, '15, 5:33 am

Messiah wrote:Good. I really don't like Ronda Rousey. She's so fucking smug and overhyped. At least guys like Mayweather keep it real.

I don't get what the difference is between Rousey and Mayweather here. They're both hyped up as fuck, both smug and obnoxious. Why do you like one but dislike the other? I'm surprised by your response here, it comes off as hypocritical. Maybe because I have no clue what "at least guys like Mayweather keep it real" means in this context. Is it just the fact that she couldn't back up her claims this time?

Hopefully this doesn't kill Rousey's drawing power, as it'd be a huge blow for UFC. Maybe they can use it to turn her opponent into something of a star too.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Viazon » Nov 15, '15, 5:51 am

Messiah wrote:Good. I really don't like Ronda Rousey. She's so fucking smug and overhyped. At least guys like Mayweather keep it real.

The thing is though, if a fighter is undefeated in any kind of competition, wouldn't his or her hype be warranted? They were obviously undefeated for a reason. As for her smugness, I wouldn't know anything about that because I don't pay to much attention to UFC.

Anyway, back to the topic. That KO kick though.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby PorkChop » Nov 15, '15, 6:03 am

Such a beautiful performance by Holm. Rousey's boxing has always been laughably bad and she got exposed here. It'll be interesting to see what's in store for her now.

@Messiah, Rousey's coach said she could be a boxing world champion and regularly drops boxing champions in training, lmao.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby The Legend » Nov 15, '15, 6:21 am

Really, what happened was Holm was able to execute the perfect game plan, which is basically run for cover until you frustrate and piss off Rousey by making her chase you around. Rousey takes advantage of her opponent's aggressiveness and it's hard to take down somebody that's always bailing and moving away from you.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Nov 15, '15, 8:06 am

Watching the match, you definitely wouldn't get the impression that Rousey was the one who was undefeated and the superstar of the sport. Holm looked more in control from start to finish really. I had no idea who this person was until just now, but I still feel happy for her. Must have been an awesome feeling to beat an opponent who's been hyped up so much.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Nov 15, '15, 8:52 am

Yeah this definitely puts am end to all the hype about Rousey competing with dudes. She got slaughtered.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Messiah » Nov 15, '15, 8:59 am

Hanley! wrote:I don't get what the difference is between Rousey and Mayweather here. They're both hyped up as fuck, both smug and obnoxious. Why do you like one but dislike the other? I'm surprised by your response here, it comes off as hypocritical. Maybe because I have no clue what "at least guys like Mayweather keep it real" means in this context. Is it just the fact that she couldn't back up her claims this time?

I liked Rousey at first. I really did. However, a lot of things she does rubs me off the wrong way. When I say "at least guys like Mayweather keep it real," my point is at least he and others like him don't seem to be acting like something or someone that they are not. I think it was tacky as hell how Rousey turned Mayweather's past domestic violence issues into some kind of joke, and annoys me even more that people applauded her for it. Mayweather is a P.O.S., I think everyone including me knows this, but it bothers me so much that Rousey gets a pass for her insensitive comments awhile back out of what people consider a serious situation. When NFL lineman Greg Hardy did it (granted it was even worse because it was is OWN domestic violence issue, but still), he got lambasted by everyone. It's not necessarily Rousey's fault but the clear double standard bothers me.

This didn't hit media attention until recently, but in her autobiography, Rousey talked about and glorified how she beat up her ex-boyfriend.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ronda-rous ... 18914.html

She defends this by claiming she had a right to defend herself because he was blocking the exit (supposedly), but I guarantee you that she doesn't care to sit down with Mayweather and see his reasoning. As a matter of fact, she probably doesn't care to sit down with any male and see his side of the story. Fair or not to her, I connect that line of thinking with Ronda Rousey and it's why I dislike her. I freaking hate the morale police of the social media today. As someone who has been in the same house as domestic violence when I was a kid and as someone who still loves the individual who committed it, it really bothers me when Rousey thinks it is OK to turn it into a joke or feels obligated to antagonize an individual over it constantly. It's so damn holier-than-thou over a delicate situation when people rarely ever know the facts for sure and extremely judgmental. Rousey's own history that hit the fan recently only makes it even more hypocritical, but unlike Rousey, I'm not going to judge her relentlessly over it and act like I know everything and pretend that it defines her or make a joke out of it.

I also really dislike how people refuse to give males the benefit of the doubt but Rousey gives her explanation and there are some people who accept that. It's because Rousey is a female and I get that (even though that isn't a good excuse but whatever), but considering Rousey gets paid to kick ass, I'm positive that she was likely in an entirely different world than her ex-boyfriend as far as how threatening they are in hand-to-hand combat. I don't not believe Rousey, I actually really don't care about that situation specifically, I just don't like the double standard as I've said.

Like, has Rousey ever done anything to try and help? Is she a member of an organization that tries to help? Like who the hell is she to keep bringing it into the spotlight and not even in a progressive way, just in a way to attack someone and make a joke of it? It helps nobody. Hell, her boyfriend has been accused of domestic violence. Has Rousey personally investigated that situation to make sure he didn't do what he was accused of? Or maybe it was just "self-defense" for him like it was for Rousey.

On top of that, she just comes across as fake as hell. Mayweather is probably not a good person (although he has appeared to change a fair amount since he got out of prison; you could just tell in how he was hyping fights and whatnot), but you know at least I never really got the impression that he was being fake. With Rousey, I don't get that. However like I said maybe it is because I identify her with a bigger problem I have and that is how everyone seems to want to bring every issue into the spotlight nowadays.

But as I have said before, I know I'm different in how I view things. I watch sports to be entertained and try not to let how guys and gals live affect my watching experience. Some people understandably can't dis-connect that, but it is why I can get over the fact Mayweather was and maybe still is a piece of shit and really enjoy him as an entertainer. Which is what he has always been, an entertainer. I can't really enjoy someone who seems fake ala Rousey.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Next

Return to General Sports Discussion