It is currently: May 12, '24, 7:30 am

Warriors/Cavs. Who wins it all?

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Warriors/Cavs. Who wins it all?

Postby Everlong » May 28, '15, 9:55 am

Good to see two fresh teams in the finals! Cavs are banged up but still playing outstanding basketball. Meanwhile the Warriors are an offensive machine. Which one wins the whole shebang?

I think the Warriors are the safe pick, but I'm going to with the Cavs. CLEVELAND REDEMPTION STORY!!!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Warriors/Cavs. Who wins it all?

Postby War Daddy » May 28, '15, 8:43 pm

Cavaliers, duh.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby DBSoT » May 28, '15, 9:24 pm

Warriors in 6. Golden State has more depth and more versatility to their offense. It should be a good series though. LeBron will be Lebron, but the Cavs haven't played a team anywhere near as good as Golden State so far in the playoffs.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby flock u » May 29, '15, 12:16 am

I said it when the Playoffs started and I stand by it now. The title is Golden State's to lose.

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby MotorCitySaint » Jun 02, '15, 7:58 pm

I'll be rooting for LeBron, but I have the Warriors in 6. They're too good & too deep.

MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

Postby The Legend » Jun 02, '15, 8:08 pm

I think it's a toss up and a total clash of styles. The Cavs can't compete with GSW's perimeter game, but Cleveland can't be stopped in the paint by the Warriors either. Both teams will get their shots in respective games throughout the series.

I think this is one of those classic examples of a series that will be back and forth with the teams splitting the first four games of the series. Whoever wins Game 5 to go up 3-2 will eventually win the series on their home court with either Cavs in 6 or GSW in 7.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 02, '15, 8:25 pm

Hmm. I'm thinking Warriors in 7. I think it'll be a close series. I actually wouldn't be upset if either team wins, but I guess I'll root for the Warriors because they haven't won in a long time. Then again Cleveland hasn't either but LeBron can wait for another ring :P

I'm not sure if Kyrie Irving is still hurt or how badly. But if he isn't healthy I'm not sure LeBron can beat the Warriors primarily by himself, as good as he is. Also I love Steph Curry and it would be awesome to see him get a ring.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby SKS » Jun 02, '15, 9:10 pm

Warriors in 4. :tim

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby The Legend » Jun 03, '15, 4:36 am

Str8Shooter wrote:Hmm. I'm thinking Warriors in 7. I think it'll be a close series. I actually wouldn't be upset if either team wins, but I guess I'll root for the Warriors because they haven't won in a long time. Then again Cleveland hasn't either but LeBron can wait for another ring :P

Just to be clear, the Golden State Warriors last won a championship in 1975, the Cavaliers have never won a championship. Cleveland hasn't won a championship since 1964, the city of Oakland (where GSW is from) has won 9 world championships since 1964 between the Warriors, Athletics and Raiders.

Let's get long suffering championship droughts into proper prospective.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Jun 05, '15, 10:15 am

That game last night was fucking intense, Cavs just choked it in OT. They're going to need someone other than LeBron to pick it up from a scoring perspective if they want to keep pace with Golden State.

This one definitely looks to be going six or seven though. If every game of the series is as good as last night's then we're in for a treat.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby War Daddy » Jun 05, '15, 10:44 am

Had that last second shot gone in before regulation ended..oh man.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby MotorCitySaint » Jun 05, '15, 3:26 pm

At this point I'd be surprised if this didn't end in a sweep. Cleveland had a golden opportunity to steal one last night and couldn't quite get the job done.

MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

Postby Highwayman » Jun 05, '15, 3:40 pm

Delladova is going to go all STRAYA CUNT on Steph Curry haha.

Lord, I was born a ramblin' man...
Highwayman None specified
Gym Rat
Gym Rat

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby Everlong » Jun 05, '15, 4:20 pm

MotorCitySaint wrote:
At this point I'd be surprised if this didn't end in a sweep. Cleveland had a golden opportunity to steal one last night and couldn't quite get the job done.

Oh shit, that really sucks.

On the other hand, could you imagine if the Cavs WOULD still pull this off, with both Love and Kyrie out for the series? It'd be a HUGE upset.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 05, '15, 5:12 pm

It's weird how Lebron left Cleveland because the supporting cast was nothing but depth guys and three point shooters and he had to carry the team on his back. Now he's back because they had Kyrie and Love, and now they're in the Finals and he's right back to where he was last time he was on the team :lol

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Jun 05, '15, 5:23 pm

The Cavs lost game 1 long before overtime. That game was so infuriating. They had a beautiful game plan of ball movement and successful offense that got them the lead in the first quarter. Then slowly, but surely LeBron went into his heroball former self. Not trusting any of his teammates and just chucking up off balance jumpers the whole second half without passing to anyone.

Now it really looks like its over, the Cavs could still get one of the Cleveland games to avoid a sweep, but other than that asking for much more is asking too much.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby SKS » Jun 05, '15, 5:33 pm

SKS wrote:Warriors in 4. :tim

:cheers2

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby MotorCitySaint » Jun 05, '15, 7:49 pm

Everlong wrote:
MotorCitySaint wrote:

Oh shit, that really sucks.

On the other hand, could you imagine if the Cavs WOULD still pull this off, with both Love and Kyrie out for the series? It'd be a HUGE upset.

It would be an incredible upset. At this point, every starter on GS is as good or better as the 2nd best player on the Cavs (not even sure who that would be, Mozgov? Shumpert?). Kyrie's injury really is a shame.

MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

Postby MotorCitySaint » Jun 07, '15, 9:25 pm

MotorCitySaint wrote:

Further proof that I don't know anything about anything. Incredible performance by King James.

Last edited by MotorCitySaint on Jun 08, '15, 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

Postby SKS » Jun 07, '15, 9:28 pm

Crazy game . No sweep as I predicted but I think warriors still win the series. Their slow start killed them tonight, they can't keep coming back against a great defensive team like Cleveland. I think whoever wins game 3 will win the series.

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Next

Return to General Sports Discussion