It is currently: May 15, '24, 1:24 am

Conor McGregor

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Conor McGregor

Postby Hanley! » Sep 27, '14, 9:26 pm

I've been watching the UFC show tonight, out of curiosity and because I wanted to see the Dublin fighter in action. I've been enjoying the show well enough. I'm not sure that I would get into UFC full time, but the fights tonight have been pretty fun. I'd be open to more in future. I've only really tuned in for Lesnar fights in the pasts.

But turns out the hype behind McGregor is legit. He made that fight look kinda easy. He was trash talking for much of it, barely seemed to be covering himself up and he ended it in the first round. Given we're such a small country, it's always great to see a world class talent cropping up in Ireland and it seems like we might have another one here. Dude seems impressive. He's definitely a personality too.

That's right bitches: Hanley just made a post in the sport section! :tim Just don't expect it again any time soon. :lol

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Conor McGregor

Postby prophet » Sep 28, '14, 3:51 am

King Fucking Conor!!!!!!

I've happily been a member of the hype train since he entered the UFC and I'm fucking buzzing about last night. Was out in Leeds and they had the fights on in Shooters so the place was rammed watching - went absolutely mental when he won. Notice how he got the main event walk-out too? It's clear the UFC likes him.

I think the stoppage was a bit questionable because the shots that ended the fight were all to the back of the head but I'm confident he'd have ended it anyway. The guy gets so much hate from the rest of the jealous no-personality fighters that are pissed off he gets so much attention but a lot of UFC fans are also WWE fans and enjoy it when fighters like McGregor or Sonnen cut promos and trash talk - I know me and Chop love a good promo :lol

I honestly can't wait for his next fight. I think a title match is too soon and Aldo would pepper those thighs but you know Conor promised to be Champion by the end of the year and of the UFC wanted to make some serious cash they'd try make McGregor/Aldo at the Aviva in December...and I'd go to that!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Sep 28, '14, 5:26 am

Yes Hanley :Tim

Another great performance from McGregor, though I'd like to see him fight once more before getting a title shot - especially against a wrestler. Chad Mendes would be an interesting fight for that reason, as we haven't seen Conor get taken down and made to fight off his back. Cub Swanson or Frankie Edgar would be great matchups too.

I believe he can beat Aldo, especially if it goes to the later rounds when Aldo is known to visibly deteriorate. That fight could sell out a football stadium and the UFC are probably considering it right now, but I want to see a slow build for McGregor and for him to fight one more guy before bringing that title to Ireland.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Viazon » Sep 28, '14, 5:34 am

PorkChop wrote:Yes Hanley :Tim

Another great performance from McGregor, though I'd like to see him fight once more before getting a title shot - especially against a wrestler. Chad Mendes would be an interesting fight for that reason, as we haven't seen Conor get taken down and made to fight off his back. Cub Swanson or Frankie Edgar would be great matchups too.

I believe he can beat Aldo, especially if it goes to the later rounds when Aldo is known to visibly deteriorate. That fight could sell out a football stadium and the UFC are probably considering it right now, but I want to see a slow build for McGregor and for him to fight one more guy before bringing that title to Ireland.

Thank God you're alive. I thought that spider had eaten you.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Return to General Sports Discussion