It is currently: May 10, '24, 2:06 am

LEBRON JAMES RETURNS TO HIS KINGDOM! THE KING RETURNS TO THE CAVS

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: LEBRON JAMES RETURNS TO HIS KINGDOM! THE KING RETURNS TO THE CAVS

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 11, '14, 12:45 pm

The Legend wrote:I would guarantee most people who grew up in Cleveland and the surrounding area wouldn't have made the decision he did. The vast majority of people would have looked like that situation of being drafted by the Cavaliers and playing their entire career there as a dream. People in NE Ohio when they are younger don't just go in their back yard and dream of throwing the winning touchdown pass in the Super Bowl for any team they dream of doing it for the Browns - winning Cleveland's first championship in their life time.

And as a kid, I always dreamed of wearing a Phillies uniform, it being bottom of the 9th in game 7 of the world series down by three and going to the plate with two outs. Then knocking the hell out of the ball. I'm not talking into the stands, I'm talking replace the windshield in someone's Buick La Sabre. But if the Toronto Blue Jays were to call and offer me $14.5 million to come play for them I would grab my bags and meet my agent at the airport. Hell as much as I hate the fucking Atlanta Braves I would go there. As would any player with half a brain. I would bet you anything most people from Cleveland would do the same thing. It's ridiculous to say otherwise.

As for going to a different city then they grew up in. I bet you Tom Brady imagined taking the Niners to the big one. I bet Peyton wanted to take the Saints. I bet you Michael Jordon was going to dunk it over a Chicago Bull so the Knicks could win it all. Don't give me that loyalty bull shit. Hell your sig is of Joe Haden who was born and raised in Maryland, Josh Gordon from Houston (who had a fucking team when he was a kid and a new one now) and I honestly can't make out who the other fellow is but it doesn't matter. Because of the 75 men on the roster currently, only 7 of them are from Ohio and one of them (Whitner) is new to the team this year after 8 seasons in the league. As for the Cavs, with his signing today, James becomes the only player from the state of Ohio on the team. Hell 7 of your 13 players weren't even born in the United States. So don't give me this home town pride BS.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby The Legend » Jul 11, '14, 1:39 pm

^^^ You realize the gigantic difference between James and all of those people right? Those guys all got drafted by the team they went on to play for. They were never given the chance to play for their hometown team. It's never been in the cards for their career. James was drafted by Cleveland. He was playing in Cleveland and he left money on the table to throw it all away. If you don't understand the difference between those two situations I can't help you.

I'm done with this subject. All I've got left to say is he better be able to deliver championshipS to Cleveland or my guess is the people celebrating like they've won the title already will turn on him pretty quickly.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby GNR » Jul 11, '14, 1:49 pm

The Cavs have literally been so spoiled... They get 3 number one picks out of the 4 years he's gone, AND they get him back? They can never play the victim again.

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 11, '14, 1:56 pm

The Legend wrote:^^^ You realize the gigantic difference between James and all of those people right? Those guys all got drafted by the team they went on to play for. They were never given the chance to play for their hometown team. It's never been in the cards for their career. James was drafted by Cleveland. He was playing in Cleveland and he left money on the table to throw it all away. If you don't understand the difference between those two situations I can't help you.

I'm done with this subject. All I've got left to say is he better be able to deliver championshipS to Cleveland or my guess is the people celebrating like they've won the title already will turn on him pretty quickly.

I don't care where they were drafted. By your logic every single player should return to their home town after their initial contract is up. Is Luke Babbit a traitor to Ohio for signing with the Pelicans after his tenure with Portland was up? What about Byron Mullens? After playing 6 years in the NFL CHUCK NOLL retired and went to coach the Steelers. Do you hate him? Hell you should not only was it not his home town it was a rival. Brad Smith was a great return man for us in Buffalo. Would have been sad not to have him because he was required to go to Cleveland after his contract with the Jets was up.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Jul 11, '14, 2:17 pm

GNR wrote:The Cavs have literally been so spoiled... They get 3 number one picks out of the 4 years he's gone, AND they get him back? They can never play the victim again.

Seriously. The fact that they try to play underdog with all the chances they've been gifted over the last decade is pretty fucking annoying (and quite frankly, an insult to REAL shitty teams like the Bucks :P)

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Messiah » Jul 11, '14, 2:29 pm

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Messiah » Jul 11, '14, 2:31 pm

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jul 11, '14, 2:33 pm

GNR wrote:The Cavs have literally been so spoiled... They get 3 number one picks out of the 4 years he's gone, AND they get him back? They can never play the victim again.

They also get 3 first round draft picks next year.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 155

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 11, '14, 4:13 pm

What's the Cleveland fans' reaction to him returning? Joy or anger?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby SKS » Jul 11, '14, 4:17 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:What's the Cleveland fans' reaction to him returning? Joy or anger?

Like they won the lottery. The Legend is part of the 1% that don't want to win titles and be miserable forever because of loyalty issues.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Chewy » Jul 11, '14, 7:16 pm

SKS wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:What's the Cleveland fans' reaction to him returning? Joy or anger?

Like they won the lottery. The Legend is part of the 1% that don't want to win titles and be miserable forever because of loyalty issues.

Remember that rant he went on about how smaller market teams like the Cavs can never be successful because of evil big market teams taking all their players and forming super teams?

The Cavs have just become the embodiment of entitlement and favouritism.

The worst fans in sport, you have a home town.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby SKS » Jul 11, '14, 7:42 pm

Chewy wrote:
SKS wrote:

Remember that rant he went on about how smaller market teams like the Cavs can never be successful because of evil big market teams taking all their players and forming super teams?

Them taking Kevin Love away from Minnesota will be the same thing Miami did to Cleveland four years ago. Minnesota gets the shaft and will never compete for the title but of course Cavaliers fans won't feel bad if it brings them a ring. The NBA is a business and stars make business decisions, but no one likes it when the move affects their team in a negative manner.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jul 11, '14, 7:48 pm

SKS wrote:
Chewy wrote:
SKS wrote:

Them taking Kevin Love away from Minnesota will be the same thing Miami did to Cleveland four years ago. Minnesota gets the shaft and will never compete for the title but of course Cavaliers fans won't feel bad if it brings them a ring. The NBA is a business and stars make business decisions, but no one likes it when the move affects their team in a negative manner.

To be fair, Minnesota has one of the worst front offices ever. They don't care for their players at all.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby HFX » Jul 11, '14, 10:34 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
SKS wrote:
Chewy wrote:
SKS wrote:

To be fair, Minnesota has one of the worst front offices ever. They don't care for their players at all.

Cleveland isn't the bastion of competence in the NBA either.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jul 11, '14, 11:23 pm

HFX wrote:

They still managed to draft Kyrie Irving, Andrew Wiggins, lure LeBron James back and they also have 3 first round draft picks for next year. Compared to Minnesota that drove their best star player, Kevin Garnett away and are repeating their mistake again with Kevin Love.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Jul 12, '14, 2:21 am

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
HFX wrote:

They still managed to draft Kyrie Irving, Andrew Wiggins, lure LeBron James back and they also have 3 first round draft picks for next year. Compared to Minnesota that drove their best star player, Kevin Garnett away and are repeating their mistake again with Kevin Love.

Anthony Bennett.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby The Legend » Jul 12, '14, 6:28 am

Chewy wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
HFX wrote:

Anthony Bennett.

Everyone makes fun of the Bennett pick, but in understanding that they already had Kyrie to play point so MCW doesn't make sense to pick, who would you have picked to be the #1 pick that would have made a huge difference for the Cavs last year?

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Jul 12, '14, 11:18 am

Yeah it's hard to fault them for the Bennett pick when the entire draft was shit basically.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 12, '14, 11:25 am

Everlong wrote:Yeah it's hard to fault them for the Bennett pick when the entire draft was shit basically.

Also when did we start writing off guys after a bad rookie season? He's only played one year for crying out loud!

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Jul 12, '14, 11:29 am

Str8Shooter wrote:
Everlong wrote:Yeah it's hard to fault them for the Bennett pick when the entire draft was shit basically.

Also when did we start writing off guys after a bad rookie season? He's only played one year for crying out loud!

I'm not writing them off, but last year's draft class was universally panned. There could very well be some big star players that come out of it, but the expectations were always much lower.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports Discussion