It is currently: May 13, '24, 6:30 am

LEBRON JAMES RETURNS TO HIS KINGDOM! THE KING RETURNS TO THE CAVS

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: STEPHEN A SMITH JUST SAID ITS PRETTY MUCH A GUARANTEE LEBRON IS GOING BACK TO CLEVELAND

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 10, '14, 2:10 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
ShaneOfan wrote:Keep in mind Stephan is also a bit of a hot head who loves the attention of everyone saying "Stephan A Smith said 'Lebron is going to the Cavs!!!!!" Smith eats that shit alive. Is he usually a reliable guy? Sure sometimes but that doesn't make what he said gospel.

Yeah, I only posted it because he was the first one to break LeBron going to Miami. Otherwise he would just be in the pile with all the other journalist who have conflicting reports.

Oh it's cool man. Thanks for posting anyway. Your title could have been a bit better sure, but it's not a big deal. That aside if this turns out to be true it would be great for Cleveland. Hell it would be great for the NBA in general. But I will say fuck Stephan A. I hate that dude so much.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Re: STEPHEN A SMITH: "ITS PRETTY MUCH A GUARANTEE LEBRON IS GOING BACK TO CLEVELAND"

Postby The Legend » Jul 10, '14, 3:15 pm

Just to be factually correct about history. Alan Hahn of Newsday was the first to break the LeBron to Miami story in 2010 not Stephen A Smith. It's been a really long time since SAS has broken news of any kind.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Re: STEPHEN A SMITH: "ITS PRETTY MUCH A GUARANTEE LEBRON IS GOING BACK TO CLEVELAND"

Postby The Legend » Jul 10, '14, 3:15 pm

Just to be factually correct about history. Alan Hahn of Newsday was the first to break the LeBron to Miami story in 2010 not Stephen A Smith. It's been a really long time since SAS has broken news of any kind.

World Champion
World Champion

Re: LeBron James Free Agency Thread

Postby Messiah » Jul 11, '14, 7:47 am

Apparently the letter is the reason LBJ hasn't made a decision yet.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamihe ... bron-james

Cursed Cleveland.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Jul 11, '14, 8:13 am

So he's allowed to be disloyal, but no one else is allowed to be disloyal to him SMH, I'm over him. Let's move on.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Messiah » Jul 11, '14, 8:23 am

The Legend wrote:So he's allowed to be disloyal, but no one else is allowed to be disloyal to him SMH, I'm over him. Let's move on.

Come on, you know how hype you will be if you see LeBron James has agreed to return to Cleveland. :P

LeBron James did issue a public apology though, to his credit. Gilbert should probably just do the same, even if it isn't sincere.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby The Legend » Jul 11, '14, 8:28 am

Messiah wrote:
The Legend wrote:So he's allowed to be disloyal, but no one else is allowed to be disloyal to him SMH, I'm over him. Let's move on.

Come on, you know how hype you will be if you see LeBron James has agreed to return to Cleveland. :P

LeBron James did issue a public apology though, to his credit. Gilbert should probably just do the same, even if it isn't sincere.

He has never actually apologized for EVERYTHING he did to Cleveland the first year he was gone. From leaving - he never did - the show - he apologized for - to harassing Cleveland fans on social media after he had already left - like when he tweeted "Hey Cleveland fans, how's your karma?" After the Lakers beat the Cavs by the widest margin in NBA history? Or taunting them again during the 26 game losing streak.

I wouldn't be hyped for him to return and I would never cheer his name again. I'll root for Kyrie and Wiggins and TT and Dion, but LeBron is a worthless traitor to me and always will be to a lot of people in Cleveland. I don't know about where you live, but where I come from Loyalty and your word mean more than anything. You simply don't turn your back on your home like he did and that's the end of the story. Midwest values!

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Jul 11, '14, 8:32 am

^Question: Would you still hate LeBron if The Decision had never happened, and he simply quietly signed a contract with another team (Whether it be the Heat or someone else)?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby JDD » Jul 11, '14, 8:34 am

The Legend wrote:
Messiah wrote:

He has never actually apologized for EVERYTHING he did to Cleveland the first year he was gone. From leaving - he never did - the show - he apologized for - to harassing Cleveland fans on social media after he had already left - like when he tweeted "Hey Cleveland fans, how's your karma?" After the Lakers beat the Cavs by the widest margin in NBA history? Or taunting them again during the 26 game losing streak.

I wouldn't be hyped for him to return and I would never cheer his name again. I'll root for Kyrie and Wiggins and TT and Dion, but LeBron is a worthless traitor to me and always will be to a lot of people in Cleveland. I don't know about where you live, but where I come from Loyalty and your word mean more than anything. You simply don't turn your back on your home like he did and that's the end of the story. Midwest values!

Just saw on sportscenter a bunch of cavs fans just standing outside and around of Lebrons house. And there's a sign in Cleavland that changed the "Stay Home" from 2010 to "Return Home". What was that about midwest values?

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 11, '14, 9:23 am

The Legend wrote:
Messiah wrote:

He also never apologized for all of the money he brought the city. Or for the community outreach he gave while there. As for his tweet(s) so what? He came into the league fresh out of high school. He was one of the best prospects even in high school. Then got thrown right into the NBA and almost immediately into Stardom. You can't blame him for not maturing properly. Hell think about damn near anyone on the sports teams you went to school with. Even the nice guys still tended to have inflated egos.

He was what 24 or 25 when he went to the Heat? He would be far from the first athlete to to act like a 24 year old. You mean to tell me if you left your job and everyone you used to work with called you a traitor and made threats or even just called you names that you would be cool with it? Come on man.

He shouldn't have to send a hand written apology to every person in Cleveland to not be looked at like a villain. He grew up and so should his fans. Yeah when he left it may not have been under the best of terms but get over it. He owed the city nothing. Nothing at all. He was a member of a team, he was paid he wasn't owned. His goal is to make money and play ball. Why wouldn't he go to where he could make the most money? Why wouldn't he put himself into the position to win championships and make even more money?

As for him coming back to Cleveland, I hope he does. Think of the money it will bring in. Think of Cleveland's chances at the championship with Lebron. (Should he apologize for that money and possible rings in advanced or can he wait until later?) But you should cheer him. Why wouldn't you? he isn't a bad guy, he made a decision a lot of people including myself would have made. If you can't get over the whole situation as he is stomping other teams and sending your city to the finals, that says more about you then him.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby The Legend » Jul 11, '14, 9:35 am

Everlong wrote:^Question: Would you still hate LeBron if The Decision had never happened, and he simply quietly signed a contract with another team (Whether it be the Heat or someone else)?

Yes. I don't care how he declared it. Hell, considering how this "LeBron-a-thon" has actually played out this time I actually wish he would announce another TV show just so we could have a set time when all this crap is going to be over and people would stop obsessing about it 24/7 for going on the third week now.

As for the people outside his home, they are broke-ass lunatics who slurp all over him just because they might see 50 cents of the money he donates to Akron charities just to bribe people for fandom. Those people are actually why I think LeBron will ultimately be too scared to return to Cleveland - not some stupid letter.

Here's how most calls to Cleveland sports talk currently go:

"Man, I still hate what LeBron did four years ago and a part of me will always hate him for leaving, but if it means winning a championship in Cleveland, I'll forget my standards and beliefs and welcome him back."

Here's the problem, Everyone is willing to forgive as long as it guarantees a championship and most people foolishly are saying that if LeBron comes back they will automatically win a championship. History says that in 9 of his 11 seasons LeBron's team doesn't win the championship. If he comes back to Cleveland his fans will scrutinize him more than any other athlete's home fans scrutinize them in America. Everyone is willing to sacrifice their beliefs right now for a championship. What happens if LeBron comes back and they don't win the 2015 championship? Cleveland fans won't hear of blaming the supporting cast or making excuses for LeBron. They sacrificed everything to bring him back to win a championship. It's on him. If he comes back and doesn't win a championship immediately Hell will rain down on him like people have never seen before and I don't think he has the stomach to take on that challenge.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby JDD » Jul 11, '14, 10:25 am

Lebron told SI.com he's going back to Cleavland. They just reported it on ESPN too.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Everlong » Jul 11, '14, 10:28 am

Oh jesus christ, ESPN is about to jizz all over the place. :lol

NOW IT'S OFFICIAL YO

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Messiah » Jul 11, '14, 10:34 am

Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now.

Remember when I was sitting up there at the Boys & Girls Club in 2010? I was thinking, This is really tough. I could feel it. I was leaving something I had spent a long time creating. If I had to do it all over again, I’d obviously do things differently, but I’d still have left. Miami, for me, has been almost like college for other kids. These past four years helped raise me into who I am. I became a better player and a better man. I learned from a franchise that had been where I wanted to go. I will always think of Miami as my second home. Without the experiences I had there, I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m doing today.

I went to Miami because of D-Wade and CB. We made sacrifices to keep UD. I loved becoming a big bro to Rio. I believed we could do something magical if we came together. And that’s exactly what we did! The hardest thing to leave is what I built with those guys. I’ve talked to some of them and will talk to others. Nothing will ever change what we accomplished. We are brothers for life. I also want to thank Micky Arison and Pat Riley for giving me an amazing four years.

I’m doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted. I don’t want anyone thinking: He and Erik Spoelstra didn’t get along. … He and Riles didn’t get along. … The Heat couldn’t put the right team together. That’s absolutely not true.

I’m not having a press conference or a party. After this, it’s time to get to work.

When I left Cleveland, I was on a mission. I was seeking championships, and we won two. But Miami already knew that feeling. Our city hasn’t had that feeling in a long, long, long time. My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what’s most important for me is bringing one trophy back to Northeast Ohio.

I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

To make the move I needed the support of my wife and my mom, who can be very tough. The letter from Dan Gilbert, the booing of the Cleveland fans, the jerseys being burned -- seeing all that was hard for them. My emotions were more mixed. It was easy to say, “OK, I don’t want to deal with these people ever again.” But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to an athlete, and that athlete made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? I’ve met with Dan, face-to-face, man-to-man. We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge?

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

But this is not about the roster or the organization. I feel my calling here goes above basketball. I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Jul 11, '14, 10:39 am

How the fuck could anyone not respect THE KING after that?

REDEMPTION

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Messiah » Jul 11, '14, 10:39 am

LBJ and Manziel in the same city. Awesome.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 11, '14, 10:40 am

Yeah just saw this on SI.com. Good for him and good for Cleveland.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby The Legend » Jul 11, '14, 10:40 am

ShaneOfan wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Messiah wrote:

He also never apologized for all of the money he brought the city. Or for the community outreach he gave while there. As for his tweet(s) so what? He came into the league fresh out of high school. He was one of the best prospects even in high school. Then got thrown right into the NBA and almost immediately into Stardom. You can't blame him for not maturing properly. Hell think about damn near anyone on the sports teams you went to school with. Even the nice guys still tended to have inflated egos.

He was what 24 or 25 when he went to the Heat? He would be far from the first athlete to to act like a 24 year old. You mean to tell me if you left your job and everyone you used to work with called you a traitor and made threats or even just called you names that you would be cool with it? Come on man.

He shouldn't have to send a hand written apology to every person in Cleveland to not be looked at like a villain. He grew up and so should his fans. Yeah when he left it may not have been under the best of terms but get over it. He owed the city nothing. Nothing at all. He was a member of a team, he was paid he wasn't owned. His goal is to make money and play ball. Why wouldn't he go to where he could make the most money? Why wouldn't he put himself into the position to win championships and make even more money?

As for him coming back to Cleveland, I hope he does. Think of the money it will bring in. Think of Cleveland's chances at the championship with Lebron. (Should he apologize for that money and possible rings in advanced or can he wait until later?) But you should cheer him. Why wouldn't you? he isn't a bad guy, he made a decision a lot of people including myself would have made. If you can't get over the whole situation as he is stomping other teams and sending your city to the finals, that says more about you then him.

I would guarantee most people who grew up in Cleveland and the surrounding area wouldn't have made the decision he did. The vast majority of people would have looked like that situation of being drafted by the Cavaliers and playing their entire career there as a dream. People in NE Ohio when they are younger don't just go in their back yard and dream of throwing the winning touchdown pass in the Super Bowl for any team they dream of doing it for the Browns - winning Cleveland's first championship in their life time. They don't just dream of hitting a shot for any team in the NBA finals at the buzzer they dream of doing it for the Cavs and to do it for any team besides Cleveland would mean nothing next to the chance to do it for your hometown team. Most people who grew up in Cleveland or NE Ohio wouldn't throw that opportunity away. Want proof? Look at Brian Hoyer who every chance he gets talks of the amazing moment of getting to be Cleveland Browns quarterback after growing up in Cleveland. Look at Brady Quinn. Hell, look back at Bernie Kosar, who didn't just want to be quarterback of the Cleveland Browns. He manipulated the NFL by not declaring for the draft and waiting for the supplemental draft to guarantee the chance to play for the Browns and no one else because playing for Cleveland and chasing a championship for Cleveland means that much to most people from here that you don't throw that away for any number of championships in any other city.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Jul 11, '14, 10:42 am

Messiah wrote:LBJ and Manziel in the same city. Awesome.

Oh god... I didn't even think about this :lol

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby prophet » Jul 11, '14, 10:42 am

What a statement, I really wish he'd made that a speech on live TV or something :lol

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports Discussion