It is currently: May 02, '24, 2:24 am

If you could change the outcome of one sporting event...

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

If you could change the outcome of one sporting event...

Postby PorkChop » Oct 16, '13, 10:39 am

what would it be?

I'd change the winner of the FA Cup Final in 2000. Also, I'd change the outcome to the main event of UFC 117, aka the night Anderson Silva took a big, steaming shit in my very soul.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: If you could change the outcome of one sporting event...

Postby Daz » Oct 16, '13, 10:49 am

Euro 1996. England vs. German, Semi-Final. Penalty Shoot out. Fuck Gareth Southgate right off. I have no doubt that if we'd have beaten Germany, we'd have won the whole tournament.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby Mike » Oct 16, '13, 12:03 pm

Manchester City vs Aston Villa a few weeks ago so that I would've fucking won my 200/1 accumulator (The only result that didn't go through. Would've won

[center]Image[/center]
Mike None specified
Mark
Mark

Topics: 1

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 16, '13, 12:09 pm

I was crushed when Rangers lost in the UEFA Cup Final back in '08, that cup run was fantastic and we just didn't show up in the final.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby The Legend » Oct 16, '13, 12:38 pm

This is easy, Game 7 of the 1997 World Series. The night Jose Mesa choked on the big one in the worst way.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Oct 16, '13, 12:57 pm

If it was of a team I'd care about, the options would be:

1) Super Bowl XXXII, Packers vs. Broncos. It'd be really interesting to see if Favre would get more respect with two Super Bowl rings than he does with one.

2) The Michael Vick game, Packers vs. Falcons in the 2002-2003 playoffs. The Packers just couldn't stop a mobile quarterback. It would have been interesting to see the Packers move on and compete against the Buccaneers, who I believe they had already beaten earlier that year, for a shot to potentially go to the Super Bowl. They were a solid team that year and I think they could have beaten the Raiders.

3) The Wisconsin/Michigan State game that ended on a Hail Mary the year Russell Wilson played for the Badgers. They win that game, I'm almost certain they get a national championship berth. And while we'd have gotten crushed, it'd have been awesometo see the Badgers in the National Championship.

If it's for a team that wasn't mine:

Super Bowl XL. It's the only real choice for me. The biggest game of the year, and the refs completely bungled it. I wouldn't even change the result, really... I'd just go back and have it replayed with fair officiating and see what happened.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby HFX » Oct 16, '13, 1:01 pm

Game 7 of the 2006 Stanley Cup Finals. I have never been as heart broken as when the Oilers lost that game to Carolina. The 8th seed who was supposed to be swept by the mighty Detroit Red Wings powers through the West beating the Wings, Sharks and Ducks and forces a Game 7 against the Eastern representative. I still just want to curl up into a ball in a corner and cry. I still swear if Roloson hadn't been injured in Game 1 by Bergeron then the Oilers would have won Game 1 and never needed a Game 7. But the world will never know :(

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby JDD » Oct 16, '13, 3:34 pm

-The 2004 AlCS, game 4. Would of had Yankees win and swee the Soc to get to the world series.
-Game 7 of the 2001 World Series. Or game 6 to have Pettite pitch a better game and win it right there.
-Mike Mussina's near perfect game. Would have had him get that last out he needed.

-Gallaragas perfect game to have the right call be made and give the guy the perfect game he deserved.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby DBSoT » Oct 16, '13, 5:01 pm

reyflyinfury619 wrote:If it was of a team I'd care about, the options would be:

1) Super Bowl XXXII, Packers vs. Broncos. It'd be really interesting to see if Favre would get more respect with two Super Bowl rings than he does with one.

2) The Michael Vick game, Packers vs. Falcons in the 2002-2003 playoffs. The Packers just couldn't stop a mobile quarterback. It would have been interesting to see the Packers move on and compete against the Buccaneers, who I believe they had already beaten earlier that year, for a shot to potentially go to the Super Bowl. They were a solid team that year and I think they could have beaten the Raiders.

3) The Wisconsin/Michigan State game that ended on a Hail Mary the year Russell Wilson played for the Badgers. They win that game, I'm almost certain they get a national championship berth. And while we'd have gotten crushed, it'd have been awesometo see the Badgers in the National Championship.

If it's for a team that wasn't mine:

Super Bowl XL. It's the only real choice for me. The biggest game of the year, and the refs completely bungled it. I wouldn't even change the result, really... I'd just go back and have it replayed with fair officiating and see what happened.

I was in the stands for #3 and from my perspective that was glorious. :P Too be fair Wisconsin got payback at the Big Ten Championship.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Kyle » Oct 16, '13, 5:22 pm

The Wimbledon 2008 final.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby MotorCitySaint » Oct 16, '13, 6:25 pm

This year's NCAA tournament championship game. U of M had such a great run in the tourny, but came up just short against Louisville. Who knows when the Wolverines will have another shot at a national championship?

Runner up would be Game 7 of the 2005 NBA finals. Would have loved to see Big Ben, Chauncey, and that Pistons squad win back to back titles.

MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 3

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 16, '13, 6:42 pm

As a Bills fan all I need to say is "wide right"

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby MotorCitySaint » Oct 16, '13, 7:00 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:As a Bills fan all I need to say is "wide right"

? :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezbCtS5-0V8[/youtube]

MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 3

Postby rawisjericho » Oct 16, '13, 10:01 pm

Super Bowl XXXIX Eagles vs Patriots. Philly is the only one of my teams that I haven't seen win a world title in my lifetime. :fu Tom Brady.

rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 7

Postby The Legend » Oct 17, '13, 8:04 am

If we are including other moments instead of just one. The 1986 and 1987 season AFC championship games. Better known as the Drive and the Fumble. If Cleveland could have just stopped that 98 yard drive by Elway or Earnest Byner didn't fumble on the way to the end zone then the Browns would have been to the Super Bowl in my life time. Plus, that moment could have potentially changed what happened not even 10 years later and saved me from the last 20 years.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby prophet » Oct 17, '13, 8:18 am

I'd have changed the League Cup Final back in February from this;

Bradford City 0-5 Swansea :(

to this;

Bradford City 5-0 Swansea :tim

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to General Sports Discussion