It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 7:06 pm

Who will face Floyd Mayweather next?

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Amir Khan
75%
Devon Alexander
No votes
Timothy Bradley
25%
Manny Pacquiao
No votes
Juan Manuel Marquez
No votes
Danny Garci
No votes

Total votes : 4

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 15, '13, 8:30 am

Floyd will most likely be fighting in May 2014. But against whom?

Khan-Alexander won't happen as the latter is set to [url](http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/98 ... awn-porter[/url]) Shawn Porter. Despite Khan giving out a statement to say he was prepping for Devon but now seems more likely he's getting ready for a fight with Floyd. Big mistake as it'll have been over a year since he last fought and should face someone in November/December,a very credible opponent which would have been Devon but facing anyone other than a major name/Devon is no where near preparation for Floyd.

If you looked at it from a financial point of view, Khan/Pacquiao would attract major attention, especially the latter fight but not as much as it would have been had the fight taken place in 2009/10.

Who deserves a big pay-day? Garcia and Bradley (yes, he's had a dodgy decision but he's unbeaten and that deserves respect). Garcia unbeaten and continues to win against all odds against Khan and Matthyse.

If I had to choose, I think Khan faces him although that's not to say he deserves a shot.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Who will face Floyd Mayweather next?

Postby PorkChop » Oct 15, '13, 8:40 am

Khan will get it, unfortunately. I think he'd be lucky if he lasted 5 rounds with Floyd, too.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 15, '13, 8:44 am

I think he'll go past five rounds but also on a points decision. They seem to be banking on Khan's speed but that won't last 12 rounds but he should start off well and give Floyd a problem or two; he always fades in the middle rounds and that's when Floyd's at his best I'd say.

It'd be ridiculous to go in that fight without fighting a credible big name in December. Fighting Carlos Molina and Julio Diaz is no way preparation for Floyd; Mayweather is probably licking his lips at that. Floyd is used to inactivity then performing on the big stage, Khan isn't. That's why he has to fight in December, but against whom?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 16, '13, 9:22 am

I think it will be Khan but I hope it's someone else. Khan has a glass jaw. There is no way he could go the distance unless Floyd lets him

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 17, '13, 1:08 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:I think it will be Khan but I hope it's someone else. Khan has a glass jaw. There is no way he could go the distance unless Floyd lets him

Floyd's not a heavy puncher so I think Khan could survive Floyd's punches unless it was a Marquez Pacquiao style KO. But Khan showed against Maidana, Diaz that he can handle a punch but needs to run rather than try to big and brave by trading.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 17, '13, 2:35 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
ShaneOfan wrote:I think it will be Khan but I hope it's someone else. Khan has a glass jaw. There is no way he could go the distance unless Floyd lets him

Floyd's not a heavy puncher so I think Khan could survive Floyd's punches unless it was a Marquez Pacquiao style KO. But Khan showed against Maidana, Diaz that he can handle a punch but needs to run rather than try to big and brave by trading.

Good point actually.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Return to General Sports Discussion