It is currently: May 11, '24, 1:24 am

Fitness AMA/Discussion

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: Fitness AMA/Discussion

Postby Chewy » Apr 16, '14, 7:34 am

Alpha Beast wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:Absolutely murdered chest, triceps, and abs. Brilliant stuff.

How do you guys split your routines up? I usually work whatever feels good that day.

I stick with a pretty stringent routines. On Monday/Friday I do chest and triceps, Tuesday/Saturday I do shoulders/abs/cardio, On Wednesday/Sunday I do back/biceps/forearms. On Thursday I do cardio/abs.

Are you skipping leg days sir?

No I do legs on Thursdays.

But it says cardio and abs. :P

Waits for "cardio is my legs/I don't need to do legs" with biblical level of scorn on deck.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 21

Postby War Daddy » Apr 16, '14, 8:41 am

Next youre gonna tell me that the body can only absorb so much protein at one time. Then youre gonna call it the "anabolic window".

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Postby PorkChop » Apr 20, '14, 3:49 pm

There is nothing that fucks me off more than a guy who looks built and shows it all off, when he's like 5"4.

A guy at my uni keeps calling himself a 'giant' and a 'monster' on Twitter - he's pretty stocky, but it's because he's fucking tiny. He's got a real bad case of short, stubby, t-rex arms, which make his muscles look bigger than they actually are - put his muscles the an arm of a guy with a larger frame, i.e me (6"2, 78 inch reach) and I'd look like I barely even touch weights.

Fucking manlets, you can build up your muscles all you like but you'll never build up your height. :angrysanta

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby UTK » Apr 20, '14, 5:01 pm

Throughout my life so far, I never really worked out much (or at least, not for more than a few months) because I've always been of ample strength and was simply too damn lazy. But I'm working a hell of a lot more, and I'm feeling (physically) worse. I'm not overweight (if I am, it's by a negligible amount). I think my body is the definition of an "average" weight, body fat, etc. I wanna get bigger, and feel better about myself. But since I never really gave the idea the time of day, I literally have no clue where to start. I mean, none. I don't know what machines do what. I don't know what I should start with. You get the point.

Tips?

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby War Daddy » Apr 21, '14, 10:07 pm

UTK wrote:Throughout my life so far, I never really worked out much (or at least, not for more than a few months) because I've always been of ample strength and was simply too damn lazy. But I'm working a hell of a lot more, and I'm feeling (physically) worse. I'm not overweight (if I am, it's by a negligible amount). I think my body is the definition of an "average" weight, body fat, etc. I wanna get bigger, and feel better about myself. But since I never really gave the idea the time of day, I literally have no clue where to start. I mean, none. I don't know what machines do what. I don't know what I should start with. You get the point.

Tips?

Machines are shit for the most part, if you mean cables. I've always been an advocate for the big 3(squat, deads, bench). Big strong compound movements are the king for strength and mass. Machines have their place, but its really for isolation movements. The biggest problem with machines is that it's a one way track with little stimulation. It's always good to start off with the basics and build from there. Motivation also plays a factor and you should plan ahead of time if you have previous SERIOUS injuries in the past.

It all comes down to just getting in there and staying with it. Ive been at this since I was 17 and now 23. Im no veteran like Chewy but Ill help anyway i can.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby War Daddy » Apr 24, '14, 2:34 am

If any of ya have Instagram and ever want to link up to motivate or help each other out, i can be found @bicepmafia

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Kein » Apr 25, '14, 2:17 am

Do you ever feel weird taking pictures in the gym? I can never bring myself to do it.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby War Daddy » Apr 25, '14, 2:34 am

Kein wrote:Do you ever feel weird taking pictures in the gym? I can never bring myself to do it.

Selfies are anabolic bro. 8)

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Apr 25, '14, 3:24 am

Kein wrote:Do you ever feel weird taking pictures in the gym? I can never bring myself to do it.

I don't take photos of myself, at the gym or otherwise.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Kein » Apr 26, '14, 4:39 pm

I am not a selfie person, so doing it at the gym is even more weird for me. I was just wondering if you ever get weird looks, like someone doesn't wanna be in the background of your pic and all hahahha.

Chewy, you and I can maybe get along. Kind of. Maybe.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby War Daddy » Apr 27, '14, 8:46 pm

http://www.valor-fitness.com/fasted-car ... it-cardio/

Found an article on HIIT vs Fasted cardio. I personally prefer hit cuz I cant be arsed to walk for 2 hours for fasted cardio :lol

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Kein » Apr 29, '14, 4:17 pm

Pretty neat article. I do HIIT 3 times a week without weights, and then hit the iron the other 2 days of the week, and I have to admit I really get where he is coming from when he talks about the counter productive muscle retention and how intense the HIIT training can or has to get. My HIIT workouts are loads harder to do than when I lift at the gym, and the fatigue even carries over to the next day.

Trying to do leangains on top of all of this it has been quite a challenge, it's slow but I feel like it is working. Very. Very. Slowly.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby War Daddy » Apr 29, '14, 7:09 pm

Lets change it up a bit. Outside of a good diet, whats your favorite supplements?

Preworkout: Bullnox
BCAAs- Blox
Proteins-Syntha6 or Iso100
Fatburners- Hellfire(not for the weak of heart)

Those are my top gotos everytime.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Kein » Apr 29, '14, 8:34 pm

Hmmm...

currently using....:
Gold Standard Whey
Black mamba hyperrush
SNS yohimbine
GNC BCAA 1800

I kind of go through different stuff when I run out and so I don't particularly have a favorite... I don't even know if my shit works, I look at reviews and psychologically it makes me feel like I should be.. okay...>.>

Why exactly are those your "go to's"?

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Chewy » Apr 30, '14, 1:23 am

ON gold standard whey
Gummy bear multivitamin.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby War Daddy » Apr 30, '14, 9:14 am

How can you guys stomach gold standard? YUCK

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Apr 30, '14, 2:58 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:How can you guys stomach gold standard? YUCK

Because I think it isn't yuck and we don't get the variety of powders that you would I the US.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby War Daddy » Apr 30, '14, 5:44 pm

Chewy wrote:

Because I think it isn't yuck and we don't get the variety of powders that you would I the US.

Is it weird I buy my racerbacks from australia?

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Kein » Apr 30, '14, 6:20 pm

I get tired of my flavor when I am at the bottom of my 10lb bag I guess, but they have so many different kinds! My protein flavors are like my supplements, I just kinda move on to try another if I am not sure if its working.

And let's be honest here... I am drinking the protein shake for a reason, I don't have to like it I just consume it and rinse it. I don't live to eat anymore, I eat to live. Or gain. Not like the supplements I take taste good either.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Chewy » May 01, '14, 1:57 am

Alpha Beast wrote:
Chewy wrote:

Is it weird I buy my racerbacks from australia?

I don't know what a racer back is

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports Discussion