It is currently: Aug 09, '22, 2:01 pm

The U - ESPN documentary

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

The U - ESPN documentary

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 24, '17, 7:29 am

I caught parts of an ESPN documentary looking at The U and the college football team that I only knew from The Rock's time with them in the early 90s and his unsuccessful journey to the NFL.

The programme showed how it rose up after a downturn and developed a real belligerent image on and off the field and it highlighted the close links between college and pro football.

I'm interested on people's thoughts on The U and their impact and secondly, are the links between college success and the road to the NFL still there?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 517

Re: The U - ESPN documentary

Postby Daz » Jul 24, '17, 8:32 am

I believe there was a sequel to this as well, which was just as interesting. Although to be fair, I love most of the 30 for 30 documentaries.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 24, '17, 1:44 pm

Daz wrote:I believe there was a sequel to this as well, which was just as interesting. Although to be fair, I love most of the 30 for 30 documentaries.

Without doubt, excellent documentaries. Hunting down the one on OJ on ESPN whenever that comes around..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 517

Postby The Legend » Jul 24, '17, 2:27 pm

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. College football is the feeder system to the NFL, so yes, being a good player is a requirement for getting the opportunity in the professional ranks.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 330

Return to General Sports Discussion