It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 12:46 am

Official MLB Playoffs Thread

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: Official MLB Playoffs Thread

Postby blackparade » Oct 14, '13, 9:01 pm

jdd123 wrote:Dodgers have no chance now. Especially with Wainright on the mound for game 3.

So much for that prediction. Dodgers take Game 3, 3-0. YEAH BUDDY!

Hyun-Jin Ryu in Game 3: 7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K

We needed a great game from Ryu and he delivered.

blackparade Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1

Postby JDD » Oct 14, '13, 9:54 pm

Welp i was wrong. Good to see the Dodgers putting up a fight though. Would have hated to see a quick series.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 78

Postby MotorCitySaint » Oct 15, '13, 4:00 pm

SKS wrote:
MotorCitySaint wrote:Leyland didn't do a perfect job managing, but last night wasn't completely his fault either. Smyly walking a batter after being up 1-2 and Benoit giving Papi a fastball down the plate is not Leyland's fault. The pitchers in the bullpen are grown men who didn't do their job.

Still, Benoit is known for giving up homers. Why put him in against a clutch monster with power like Ortiz with the bases loaded? At least walk him. Don't put your pitcher (who isn't even a real closer) in that kind of situation. Just my two cents.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, it's just that by the time I got on here last night I was beyond sick of my fellow Tigers fans bitching about Leyland.

MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 3

Postby DBSoT » Oct 15, '13, 7:04 pm

MotorCitySaint wrote:
SKS wrote:
MotorCitySaint wrote:Leyland didn't do a perfect job managing, but last night wasn't completely his fault either. Smyly walking a batter after being up 1-2 and Benoit giving Papi a fastball down the plate is not Leyland's fault. The pitchers in the bullpen are grown men who didn't do their job.

Still, Benoit is known for giving up homers. Why put him in against a clutch monster with power like Ortiz with the bases loaded? At least walk him. Don't put your pitcher (who isn't even a real closer) in that kind of situation. Just my two cents.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, it's just that by the time I got on here last night I was beyond sick of my fellow Tigers fans bitching about Leyland.

I have had to avoid 97.1 all this week because I can not take the bitching anymore. I did complain that Leyland did not try to walk Ortiz, but I heard after the game that the plan was to keep the pitches off the plate, but Benoit just didn't locate it. That's not Leyland fault. Losing a Scherzer and Verlander start back to back after not having a starter give up more than 4 hits is frustrating as all hell. Need Fister to come up huge tomorrow. Boston can't hit the broad side of a barn either so it may just be a grueling low scoring series.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Postby MotorCitySaint » Oct 16, '13, 5:16 am

^ I agree with everything you said. :nodding

Also, that AB by Prince last night in the 8th was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

Postby SKS » Oct 16, '13, 7:49 pm

I think the Cardinals take care of business in game 6 with Wacha on the mound against Kershaw, which should be another duel. Advantage Cards at home though IMO. Detroit looking good tonight, looks like game 5 will be pivotal.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby DBSoT » Oct 16, '13, 9:42 pm

Huge wins by the Tigers and Dodgers today. Greinke was huge and Adrian Gonzalez saved LA's season. AJax finally came through and because of it the Tigers' line up change worked. Benoit continues to give me Valverde nightmares.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby MotorCitySaint » Oct 17, '13, 8:00 pm

Tigers down 4-0 in the 5th. Need a rally here!

MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

Postby JDD » Oct 18, '13, 10:23 pm

Geez the Dodgers didnt even put up a fight in that one. Cant believe Kershaw gave up 7 runs. Crazy. Hopefully the Tigers put up a fight tommorow and force a game 7. Really dissapointed in tonights game. Congrats to the Cards anyways. I think they win the World Series no matter who they face.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Kyle » Oct 19, '13, 8:49 pm

I wanna see a Game 7!

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby SKS » Oct 19, '13, 9:40 pm

What a horrible turn of events for the Tigers. Scherzer strikes out Boagarts but it's called ball 4, the error by Iglesias, and a grand slam by a guy that has barely done anything besides get hit by pitches.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby DBSoT » Oct 19, '13, 9:51 pm

Missed call that should have struck out Bogaerts was the catalyst to that grand slam. You can not miss that call. That ump should not even sniff a playoff game ever again. He has been horribly inconsistent tonight for both teams and he made the worst mistake in the bottom of the 7th. If Bogaerts gets rung up its 2 outs man on third with Ellsbury up. Instead after an error its bases loaded with Victorino up. It doesn't help when Veras throws an 0-2 pitch anywhere near the plate. Its called a waste pitch, USE IT!!!

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby JDD » Oct 19, '13, 10:01 pm

What a shitty game 6. Welp looks like we're getting Red Sox vs. Cardnials in the World Series. Predictions? Im taking the Cards in 6.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby DBSoT » Oct 19, '13, 10:09 pm

This is pretty much my nightmare in terms of World Series match ups go. I still can not believe how much the Tigers dominated Boston in terms of starting pitching, but still lost the series. Completely deflating. Major decisions need to be made before next season. Prediction is that Boston wins in 7. Just because it will prolong my misery and because Boston winning the World Series is pretty much the last thing I wanted this season. The Red Sox get champaign and I get Jack Daniels to try to forget this world series is happening.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Oct 21, '13, 10:06 pm

DBSoT wrote:This is pretty much my nightmare in terms of World Series match ups go. I still can not believe how much the Tigers dominated Boston in terms of starting pitching, but still lost the series. Completely deflating. Major decisions need to be made before next season. Prediction is that Boston wins in 7. Just because it will prolong my misery and because Boston winning the World Series is pretty much the last thing I wanted this season. The Red Sox get champaign and I get Jack Daniels to try to forget this world series is happening.

Water.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Chewy » Oct 23, '13, 11:22 pm

Sox up 1-0 after game one of the WS.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby MotorCitySaint » Oct 25, '13, 9:20 pm

DBSoT wrote:Missed call that should have struck out Bogaerts was the catalyst to that grand slam. You can not miss that call. That ump should not even sniff a playoff game ever again. He has been horribly inconsistent tonight for both teams and he made the worst mistake in the bottom of the 7th. If Bogaerts gets rung up its 2 outs man on third with Ellsbury up. Instead after an error its bases loaded with Victorino up. It doesn't help when Veras throws an 0-2 pitch anywhere near the plate. Its called a waste pitch, USE IT!!!

Fortunately I was too intoxicated to really remember any of this. What a crap series for the Tigs.

MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

Postby DBSoT » Oct 27, '13, 7:59 am

Absolutely crazy ending. A game ends on a obstruction call.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Oct 27, '13, 3:34 pm

Sox have played themselves into a hole, they don't look like a team that deserves to be champions with these sort of clangers.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby JDD » Oct 30, '13, 7:36 pm

Sox up 5-0. Still early but its looking like they got this. Just noticed Ortiz is batting .733 in the World Series. Damn. MVP for sure.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports Discussion