It is currently: May 10, '24, 10:33 pm

When I get rep points

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

When I get rep points

Postby Circled Square » Feb 15, '15, 8:09 pm

It always pops up with that check my inbox shit. Now that's fine, checking my inbox sounds like a wonderful time, BUT WHEN I CHECK IT IT KEEPS REMINDING ME TO CHECK IT.

FUCK I'M HEATED HOLD ME BACK.

Am I doing something wrong?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Re: When I get rep points

Postby EmperorWu » Feb 15, '15, 8:24 pm

I have this issue too, I posted it in the other thread. It just started today for me.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Circled Square » Feb 15, '15, 8:26 pm

It's been here ever since I registered last night.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Feb 15, '15, 8:38 pm

Happened to me earlier.

Press F5 on your keyboard. It will fix it. I think it is a coding issue, we have been re-designing/re-coding the site lately.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Circled Square » Feb 15, '15, 8:41 pm

I can't imagine it being anything else but a coding error. It's not a bad system. I kinda wish you didn't have to submit your rep, would be good if you could just thumb up/down a post and have the option to remove it later on. But hey that's a nitpick right? Same shit either way.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Feb 15, '15, 8:47 pm

Yeah this was never an issue until the last 24 hours, and I have no idea what happened to cause it :lol

I'll see if I can take a look into the code (maybe @Locke can take a peek as well), but I don't understand what could have suddenly happen to have made the mod go haywire like that.

For now, if it happens to you just press F5 and it should go away. But yeah, it'll be a pain in the ass if that keeps happening, so hopefully we can figure it out.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Locke » Feb 16, '15, 8:36 am

Sadly this is an issue of "clearing cookies." A lot of you have cookies from the old forum, Pubtalk, and while it seems like it should be a non-issue, with the way browsers work nowadays that's just not the case.

Ya'll need to empty your browser history/cookies/cache and relog.

I'm a pretty famous dude lately, dunno if you could tell.. *brushes shoulders off*
I get the PM, once I see it, no more notification.

CLEAR YO SELF, CLEAR YO WIFE, CLEAR YO KIDS
DEM COOKIES COMIN

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Locke » Feb 16, '15, 8:45 am

On a serious note, I have no idea what the actual issue here is. It's something I'm not seeing I guess.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Chewy » Feb 18, '15, 2:50 am

Sure, rub it in that you get so much rep.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Return to Forum Info and Discussion