It is currently: May 14, '24, 6:03 am

small issue

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

small issue

Postby War Daddy » Oct 01, '14, 10:51 pm

I can view the site thru my phone but I cannot thru my laptop. Any body know how to fix this?

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Re: small issue

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 01, '14, 10:54 pm

Take a screen shot of your phone when on the site and email it to yourself so you can see it on your laptop. Beyond that I have no idea until you elaborate a bit. What's it saying/doing?

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby War Daddy » Oct 01, '14, 11:42 pm

It's telling me the server is down and I need to contact the administrator. I just figured it would go away but it hasnt.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 02, '14, 5:09 am

Alpha Beast wrote:It's telling me the server is down and I need to contact the administrator. I just figured it would go away but it hasnt.

Might not be you. I have been experiencing some server related issues myself. I would let @everlong dig into it a bit, maybe send him a screen shot of the error pate you get when it happens

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Messiah » Oct 02, '14, 7:25 am

Yeah, PubTalk's server has been messing up a lot for me as well. Happens a lot right after a post too.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Camstud » Oct 03, '14, 7:32 am

Messiah wrote:Yeah, PubTalk's server has been messing up a lot for me as well. Happens a lot right after a post too.

This.

At first I panicked because I lost a fairly big post, but if you hit back you can find it and post it. Usually works the second time. Just a tip for anyone.

Guessing the serves are just playing up a little at the moment.

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 36

Postby PorkChop » Oct 03, '14, 7:37 am

Yeah, I've lost some of my posts too. I can recover them on my mobile, but not my laptop.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Camstud » Oct 03, '14, 8:00 am

PorkChop wrote:Yeah, I've lost some of my posts too. I can recover them on my mobile, but not my laptop.

Odd. On your laptop, when it comes up with server issue or whatever, can you not just press back on your browser? I use Google Chrome and that method works fine.

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 36

Postby PorkChop » Oct 03, '14, 8:08 am

Camstud wrote:
PorkChop wrote:Yeah, I've lost some of my posts too. I can recover them on my mobile, but not my laptop.

Odd. On your laptop, when it comes up with server issue or whatever, can you not just press back on your browser? I use Google Chrome and that method works fine.

I'm on Firefox, I think it's worked a couple of times but there's been plenty more times where the box is left disappointingly blank.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Everlong » Oct 03, '14, 10:29 am

I'm trying to figure out what the issue with the hosting is. It might not be GoDaddy's fault -- I could just have a hosting plan that's not powerful enough to handle the traffic that this site gets.

I mean, we've had 4.3 million hits since we added the hit counter, that's a lot of traffic.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Return to Forum Info and Discussion