It is currently: May 12, '24, 9:52 am

All MINOR cosmetic suggestions GO HERE

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

All MINOR cosmetic suggestions GO HERE

Postby Locke » Dec 20, '13, 1:16 am

I've corrected some incorrect colors where I saw them.
I lined up a few odds and ends where I saw unaligned things.
I made the banner at the top clickable (a lot harder than it should have been)
I made pagination (page 1, 2, 3, etc.) appear before AND after Quick Reply

Assuming things worked correctly for everyone, these should be minor but welcomed improvements.

The design and color of Pub Talk, despite it not 100% pleasing everyone, is probably going to stay as is.
Therefore, minor corrections (colors, stuff that's not lined up, buggy looking things, or improvements) should be listed in this topic. Thank you veddy moosh. 8)

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 137

Re: All MINOR cosmetic suggestions GO HERE

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 20, '13, 7:36 am

Two things that are minor -
Can we make the "View unanswered / View active topic" a tad bit larger in text size?
And can we extend the length of the active topics list? I know tim said you guys were able to make the topic hold 20 per page instead of 10 and that helped a lot, can we do the same with the active topic page?

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby Georgerv » Dec 20, '13, 9:01 am

Better beer in the background :P

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby Locke » Dec 20, '13, 10:27 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:Two things that are minor -
Can we make the "View unanswered / View active topic" a tad bit larger in text size?

Good idea, and done. ;)

Westcoastvibes wrote:And can we extend the length of the active topics list? I know tim said you guys were able to make the topic hold 20 per page instead of 10 and that helped a lot, can we do the same with the active topic page?

Let me look into this.

Right now there are 25 topics listed per page, which is tied to the active topics as well. How much more than 25 do you think would be better?

Georgerv wrote:Better beer in the background :P

Haha, I'm sure someday this might be done. It all depends on how good of an image that can be found. They need to be at that exact angle like that, and it really helps if it's on a solid colored background already, even better if it's a PNG file. Right now it's just nice to have the variety of colors, peoples' favorite beers aren't really that important because we can't cram 85 beers up there. ;) Right now it's just 5 or 6 beers and it repeats.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Kein » Dec 20, '13, 7:12 pm

I would have said my nose but I am okay with that now. Maybe removing a mole or two, they bother me still. Other than that I guess cosmetically I feel alright about myself.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 21, '13, 11:12 am

OK, forget about the topics thing.
I guess it looks like less cause you can scroll threw them in half a second if you have already looked at 5-7 of them

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Locke » Dec 21, '13, 11:54 am

I could increase the number to 35 if you think it would help, not an issue. Just let me know, man. 8)

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 21, '13, 1:56 pm

Then you start creeping into the territory of how much is to much. If more people mention it the OK but don't do it to make me feel special
:lol

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby ShaneOfan » Dec 22, '13, 10:22 am

I've noticed sometimes when people quote others or quote quotes, I see some strange coding in the orignal posts.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Locke » Dec 22, '13, 1:02 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:I've noticed sometimes when people quote others or quote quotes, I see some strange coding in the orignal posts.

I'll need you to point this out or screenshot it when it happens, I've not seen this. Good eye!

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Buck » Dec 24, '13, 7:18 pm

My first suggestion is to make Locke change his sig because it makes me jizz in my pants every time I see its awesomeness.

I guess that would be good for now.

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 26

Postby Locke » Dec 25, '13, 1:35 am

Buck wrote:My first suggestion is to make Locke change his sig because it makes me jizz in my pants every time I see its awesomeness.

I guess that would be good for now.

Not sure if sarcasm, fan of red white and blue, or fan of Mega Man (or to a greater degree of specifics, Mega Man X). However, if it has anything to do with Mega Man.. I'll toast to that, my friend. :cheers

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to Forum Info and Discussion