It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 10:00 pm

What did you get for Christmas?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

What did you get for Christmas?

Postby Hanley! » Dec 31, '15, 8:32 pm

So Tim made a thread already about what games you got for Christmas, but I'm here to make him feel guilty for neglecting all of you non-gamers out there.

What did everyone get for Christmas?

I'm pretty damn pleased with my haul this year, I must say. Got a few fantasy novels I'm interested in by the likes of Neil Gaiman and Brandon Sanderson (can't go too wrong there). Got a bunch of board games too, like Teen Titans deck building, Boss Monster, King of Tokyo and Pandemic.

My mother gave myself and Kirbi two tickets to see Jersey Boys, which should make for a fun night out.

Then there's the bottle of Ron Miel (honey rum) which is always a treat because you can't buy it here. It has to be purchased online and shipped over from the Canary Islands. And it can be tough enough to track down.

Kirbi killed it this year though. She got me a G&L Rampage Jerry Cantrell signature guitar. Alice in Chains are my favourite band, Cantrell is my favourite guitarist, and this guitar is fucking gorgeous. One of the best gifts I've ever received.

Did any of you get anything you're really excited about?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: What did you get for Christmas?

Postby EmperorWu » Dec 31, '15, 9:55 pm

Same thing I get every year. Jack shit!

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby SlightlyJames » Jan 01, '16, 7:08 am

I got a cardigan that's a bit too big but is very comfortable. And then the usual of socks, underwear, shower products and more chocolate than anyone would ever want.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Twister » Jan 01, '16, 10:32 am

I'm really pleased with my haul this year too, I got:
Emu boots, very warm, comfortable and waterproof. Love them.
Emu slippers, again very warm and comfortable. Never would have bought either of these things for myself as they're quite pricey so they're a real treat.
Dressing Gown.
Moomin Pyjamas.
Couple of Jumpers.
Nixplay Digital Photoframe which I am supposed to be able to upload photo's onto it via cloud, having some issues with it though and I've not been able to hook it up to my account - but I'm working on it. Can always buy a memory stick instead if it doesn't work.

The usual things such as money, shower sets (always handy) and a fuck tonne of chocolate which Is sabotaging my attempt at losing weight quite severely.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby The Legend » Jan 02, '16, 3:41 pm

It was a pretty good year for me as well. I collect shot glasses from every city/place I visit and I got a really nice display case for all of them. I got a few pairs of shoes/boots and some golf accessories which are great because I love to play golf, but it's a fairly expensive hobby to keep up with.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Daz » Jan 02, '16, 4:26 pm

It says a lot about where I'm at in life that my favourite christmas gift was a blender.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby BrautFan » Jan 08, '16, 10:57 pm

I'd rather discuss the gifts I got for others and why! Because... I put more thought into that than receiving a gift from someone. But, that's just me...

BrautFan None specified
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 11

Postby Twister » Jan 12, '16, 10:29 am

I agree, BrautFan. You could always make another thread about that too?

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Kein » Jan 12, '16, 5:55 pm

Chocolates, and 2 T-shirts. Living the high life here. Feeling the love.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Return to The Pub