It is currently: May 06, '24, 6:18 pm

I'm losing my mind

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Re: I'm losing my mind

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 09, '15, 1:32 am

Yeah I really haven't been able to get this off of my mind. Please post something...

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Twister » Oct 09, '15, 4:20 am

:( anyone able to trace him via Facebook or Twitter or something?

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 56

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 09, '15, 6:17 am

Dont know what to think about this.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby UTK » Oct 09, '15, 6:48 am

Jesus, I really hope he hasn't done anything. @Circled Square if you're still there, PM me. A lot of posters tried to help but don't know what you're going through, and that's commendable of them. But I do, I tried to kill myself about eight years ago, and my attempt failed. And I'm grateful every day that it did. Please, please, talk to me if you read this. Don't end the only chance we have at happiness.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Oct 09, '15, 7:12 am

Twister wrote::( anyone able to trace him via Facebook or Twitter or something?

We don't know anything about the guy, including his name, exactly where he lives, his real email (he used a pretty obvious throwaway email to register for this account), how old he is, what he looks like, anything. I have a couple IP addresses but that's barely enough to go on. If I had anything that could actually help find the guy I'd have been in touch with his local police as quickly as possible. :/

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby EmperorWu » Oct 09, '15, 7:55 am

Fuck man... come on CS...

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Viazon » Oct 11, '15, 7:26 am

I have something to say. Some of you may think I am a dick for saying it, but I feel like it should be said.

First off, I wanna say how I really hoped CS gets the help he needs and sorts his life out. I am sorry to hear about all of the stuff he had to go through. I wouldn't wish any of that of my worst enemy. I genuinely do hope he is OK and I hope he hasn't gone and done anything stupid.

However.

If I could play Devil's advocate for a minute. I think we can all agree that CS has been somewhat of a controversial member ever since he joined here. Maybe that was because he genuinely held controversial views and opinions. There were times where I was convinced he was nothing but a troll. We know he has done stuff like make duplicate accounts. I'm certain we all know he is also Suit&Tie. Do any of you guys think it's inconceivable that a poster like that could possible be doing something to pull the wool over every ones eyes? I mean, he makes a statement about possible killing himself on a specific date. Them after that date, he stops posting. What are we all going to be thinking?

Now I can't imagine why anyone would want to fake their own death on a forum. But then again, I couldn't imagine why anyone would create multiple accounts and use them for a sim game federation.

I hope this isn't the case and if you think I am being out of the line, then I understand. I hope CS really is ok and we hear from him soon. I'm just trying to keep all the possible options open.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 11, '15, 7:36 am

@Viazon

I would sincerely hope that he wouldn't stoop to something that low. Then again the alternative is that he was telling the truth, and that's even worse to consider.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Oct 11, '15, 10:09 am

Viazon wrote:Now I can't imagine why anyone would want to fake their own death on a forum. But then again, I couldn't imagine why anyone would create multiple accounts and use them for a sim game federation.

I mean, there was the great @Fatman death incident of 2004 :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby EmperorWu » Oct 11, '15, 1:37 pm

Everlong wrote:
Viazon wrote:Now I can't imagine why anyone would want to fake their own death on a forum. But then again, I couldn't imagine why anyone would create multiple accounts and use them for a sim game federation.

I mean, there was the great @Fatman death incident of 2004 :lol

I remember that username. Please elaborate.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 12, '15, 5:11 am

Viazon wrote:I have something to say. Some of you may think I am a dick for saying it, but I feel like it should be said.

First off, I wanna say how I really hoped CS gets the help he needs and sorts his life out. I am sorry to hear about all of the stuff he had to go through. I wouldn't wish any of that of my worst enemy. I genuinely do hope he is OK and I hope he hasn't gone and done anything stupid.

However.

If I could play Devil's advocate for a minute. I think we can all agree that CS has been somewhat of a controversial member ever since he joined here. Maybe that was because he genuinely held controversial views and opinions. There were times where I was convinced he was nothing but a troll. We know he has done stuff like make duplicate accounts. I'm certain we all know he is also Suit&Tie. Do any of you guys think it's inconceivable that a poster like that could possible be doing something to pull the wool over every ones eyes? I mean, he makes a statement about possible killing himself on a specific date. Them after that date, he stops posting. What are we all going to be thinking?

Now I can't imagine why anyone would want to fake their own death on a forum. But then again, I couldn't imagine why anyone would create multiple accounts and use them for a sim game federation.

I hope this isn't the case and if you think I am being out of the line, then I understand. I hope CS really is ok and we hear from him soon. I'm just trying to keep all the possible options open.

I had this thought as well but with the severity of the topic I was trying to not think that far into it.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Twister » Oct 12, '15, 9:14 am

I see where you're coming from VIazon. I don't want to believe that someone would make something like this up, it's a bit of a shitty thing to do. But at the same time it's not completely unreasonable to suspect that on an internet forum where you have anonymity and the means to disclose as much or as little traceable info about yourself as you wish that this sort of stuff can and does happen.

If this is a genuine post then all we can do is hope for the best.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Viazon » Oct 17, '15, 9:27 am

Well, the sad thing is, whether or not he was being serious, if he doesn't post again there will be no way of knowing for sure.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 17, '15, 9:54 am

Yeah this fucking blows, I still can't get this off my mind.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Oct 17, '15, 9:57 am

He was probably just trolling. I think while he was here it was best to give him the benefit of the doubt, because if someone really was having those kind of troubles then they deserve complete support. And I figured if we were being fucked with, there's no shame in any of us falling for it and trying to be helpful. It's the decent thing to do. In that scenario it's the person doing the trolling that should feel ashamed.

If he was being honest, then I hope he's still hanging in there and that he's okay. But it was probably trolling. The post seemed calculated to make people worry and nothing else. If he was being sincere, then this post would read like a cry for help. If it was a cry for help then I think he would have engaged more with us rather than just dropping this bombshell and running off. He basically told us "I just wanted to reassure you that if I'm not back in a couple of days, I'll be dead." How exactly is that reassuring?

If it wasn't a cry for help, and it does nothing but upset the people on the site, then I don't see how it could be legit. Just one last attempt to fuck with people.

Hard to be 100% sure though. But probably that was the whole point.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 17, '15, 9:57 am

This nigga knows (how to leave us all in suspense)

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 17, '15, 10:17 am

Hanley! wrote:He was probably just trolling. I think while he was here it was best to give him the benefit of the doubt, because if someone really was having those kind of troubles then they deserve complete support. And I figured if we were being fucked with, there's no shame in any of us falling for it and trying to be helpful. It's the decent thing to do. In that scenario it's the person doing the trolling that should feel ashamed.

If he was being honest, then I hope he's still hanging in there and that he's okay. But it was probably trolling. The post seemed calculated to make people worry and nothing else. If he was being sincere, then this post would read like a cry for help. If it was a cry for help then I think he would have engaged more with us rather than just dropping this bombshell and running off. He basically told us "I just wanted to reassure you that if I'm not back in a couple of days, I'll be dead." How exactly is that reassuring?

If it wasn't a cry for help, and it does nothing but upset the people on the site, then I don't see how it could be legit. Just one last attempt to fuck with people.

Yeah I've been hoping that he's trolling. If true, it's pretty whack to put us through this shit.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Messiah » Oct 17, '15, 10:27 am

I will admit, I found it extremely ironic that his wife was black.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Kein » Oct 17, '15, 5:10 pm

Hanley! wrote:He was probably just trolling. I think while he was here it was best to give him the benefit of the doubt, because if someone really was having those kind of troubles then they deserve complete support. And I figured if we were being fucked with, there's no shame in any of us falling for it and trying to be helpful. It's the decent thing to do. In that scenario it's the person doing the trolling that should feel ashamed.

Because when people plan to die, they aren't crying for help. A good number of suicidal people who have a plan they are ready to commit to are at peace in mind, and know that their suffering is coming to an end. Majority during the act successful or not, have a flash of major regret, but before that point a lot of them seem even happier than they usually are. I hope he tried to get help, he responded to some of our replies but whether he actually acted upon them or not is unknown. I don't think he really expected you guys to care that much, I think he wanted to say what he had to say, and just let it out... Who knows how long he has been bottling this up..

CS has been a wild card to say the least. I don't know who he has in his life, from the sounds of it not much. While we aren't close to him, we don't know him on a personal level, posting something like this may be all he had to say to those he felt confident in. By confident I mean people who he could tell with little re-precaution.
I don't care if he is fooling, this isn't something I will suspect he is trolling until he says it is. Save your "I told you so"'s for when that happens, but I don't think it is appropriate to say he is trolling now in the slightest.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Hanley! » Oct 17, '15, 5:43 pm

^^ Well would you prefer to think that he wasn't trolling?

I'm just saying that his posting here has done nothing but worry and upset people. If this wasn't a cry for help, then what was its purpose? It achieves nothing other than upsetting the members here. Which sounds a lot like trolling to me.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the time, because I think it's better to take people at their word. But now that the date has come and gone, I don't see what good it does anyone to go on thinking the worst. I'd rather believe the more likely and less disturbing scenario and try and put people at ease somewhat.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub