It is currently: Jun 04, '24, 12:25 am

The Legend AMA

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

The Legend AMA

Postby The Legend » Aug 04, '15, 2:32 pm

I'm a rather boring dude, but go ahead bring on your questions!

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: The Legend AMA

Postby Everlong » Aug 04, '15, 2:34 pm

What is it about yourself that makes you consider yourself a boring dude? :P

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Circled Square » Aug 04, '15, 2:35 pm

What's your opinion on the WWE product right now?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby The Legend » Aug 04, '15, 2:36 pm

Everlong wrote:What is it about yourself that makes you consider yourself a boring dude? :P

I'm just rather unremarkable I guess in my eyes. Just an average guy.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Aug 04, '15, 2:36 pm

If you're such a boring dude, then isn't your username and bit contradictory?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 04, '15, 2:38 pm

Tell me three unknown facts about yourself please

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby The Legend » Aug 04, '15, 2:51 pm

Circled Square wrote:What's your opinion on the WWE product right now?

I actually think it's really strong at the moment, especially from the talent perspective. They have interesting performers all over the card and in each division. There's guys that I like to watch all over RAW and SD and I fast forward through a lot less of the product than I have in recent years.

I also think they do a good job at the moment of mixing older guys and younger guys and balancing that ratio.

I think if there were three things I would improve/change though, they would be:

1. A lot less guest commentary. I like guest commentators when done right, in the right situations and in the right amount, but right now between the Bellas, the healthy Uso, the PTP, the Miz and a few others it feels like there's a guest commentator half of the matches in WWE right now.

2. More attention to details. To me the WWE seems to form a lot of decent to really good ideas, but for some reason they don't see them all the way through. Their storytelling is all in really broad strokes that leave the viewer's imagination to fill in a lot of details. If they would focus on better details in promos and segments, I think a lot more people would have a lot greater appreciation for the product. Attention to those details would also allow the viewer to become more emotionally invested in the story and characters involved.

3. They need to pick up the pace. Every segment or match on RAW or SD seems to all last 10-14 minutes long. There's no variance and that is an extremely slow format to take on in this time and age of TV. I'm not saying matches or segments of this length can't be used, but a few segments that are 3-5 minutes and get their point across more quickly it would keep people on their toes more often.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Aug 04, '15, 2:56 pm

Viazon wrote:If you're such a boring dude, then isn't your username and bit contradictory?

Yeah probably. My username doesn't really apply to me, or at least it didn't when I signed up for WWE Club. I signed up for the club about the time they were doing the Cena, Hogan, HBK mini-stable and there was a lot of hate for HBK and Hogan around that time that they were doing that story. People thought Hogan and HBK were past it and wanted them to go away. I still loved Hogan and HBK as figures of my childhood that I would never turn my back on. I seemed like an older era fan than most of the people on the club at the time and my name was more of a nod to legends of wrestling and Hogan in particular than myself.

Also, is it so wrong for a guy to dream about being more interesting.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Aug 04, '15, 2:58 pm

The Legend wrote:
Viazon wrote:If you're such a boring dude, then isn't your username and bit contradictory?

Yeah probably. My username doesn't really apply to me, or at least it didn't when I signed up for WWE Club. I signed up for the club about the time they were doing the Cena, Hogan, HBK mini-stable and there was a lot of hate for HBK and Hogan around that time that they were doing that story. People thought Hogan and HBK were past it and wanted them to go away. I still loved Hogan and HBK as figures of my childhood that I would never turn my back on. I seemed like an older era fan than most of the people on the club at the time and my name was more of a nod to legends of wrestling and Hogan in particular than myself.

Course not. I do it all the time.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby The Legend » Aug 04, '15, 2:59 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Tell me three unknown facts about yourself please

1. I know how to ride horses, including trick riding.

2. I'm a fan of country music.

3. I'm disabled.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Aug 04, '15, 3:00 pm

The Legend wrote:

3. I'm disabled.

In what way are you disabled?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby The Legend » Aug 04, '15, 3:06 pm

Circled Square wrote:
The Legend wrote:

3. I'm disabled.

I was born with a physical disability. That's the furthest I'll go on this topic though.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Aug 04, '15, 3:11 pm

I don't see you often in the tv/movies section of the forum. Could you name one of your favourites of each?

What's your employment situation like at the moment?

I know you used to be one of the more politically inclined people on here. Are you still into politics? If so, what cause matters most to you at the moment?

You've been involved in some US/UK debates here in the past. What's one element of the UK or Europe that you think America would really benefit from? And what element of the US do you think the Brits should adopt?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » Aug 04, '15, 3:15 pm

The Legend wrote:
Circled Square wrote:
The Legend wrote:

3. I'm disabled.

I was born with a physical disability. That's the furthest I'll go on this topic though.

That's interesting. If I remember correctly we had a little discussion about drinking and playing sports unless I'm getting you mixed up with someone else.

Favorite alcoholic beverage?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby SlightlyJames » Aug 04, '15, 3:25 pm

Viazon wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Course not. I do it all the time.

Implying you dream of anything other than eating chicken in the car with your mates.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby The Legend » Aug 04, '15, 3:25 pm

Hanley! wrote:I don't see you often in the tv/movies section of the forum. Could you name one of your favourites of each?

What's your employment situation like at the moment?

I know you used to be one of the more politically inclined people on here. Are you still into politics? If so, what cause matters most to you at the moment?

You've been involved in some US/UK debates here in the past. What's one element of the UK or Europe that you think America would really benefit from? And what element of the US do you think the Brits should adopt?

Couple of favorite TV shows: At the moment, Graceland and Big Bang Theory. All-time: 24, West Wing, Friends.

Favorite movies: Remember the Titans, Dark Knight, Departed, Silver Linings Playbook.

I do a lot of independent contractor work win the media and public relations field.

I still feel strongly about a lot of things in politics, but I don't talk about them much any more because I've come to realize when it comes to politics nobody changes anybody's mind, especially on the internet. So it just becomes shouting into the wind. As for what matters most to me, it's social freedom and economic equality.

US would benefit from public health care. Brits would definitely benefit from refrigerating their beer.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Aug 04, '15, 3:28 pm

Circled Square wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Circled Square wrote:
The Legend wrote:

3. I'm disabled.

That's interesting. If I remember correctly we had a little discussion about drinking and playing sports unless I'm getting you mixed up with someone else.

Favorite alcoholic beverage?

Favorite beverage, I'll give you a couple. My favorite hard alcohol drink is Jameson whiskey mixed with 7 Up. My favorite beer is probably Canoe Paddler from Leinenkugels. Also, not your grandfather's root beer is really good.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 04, '15, 5:09 pm

You're in a warehouse. You're naked and lying on the floor. Your family is watching through a one-way window. They can see you. You can't see them. Big Show takes a shit on your thighs while Rosie O'Donnell dumps a bucket of her used tampons into the doo doo. The whole time Nasty Boy Brian Knobbs pisses in your belly button and Barbra Walters pukes on your neck.

Would you participate in this for 500 million dollars? If not, what's your price? If so, what's the lowest amount of money that you'd accept?

Put the following ten wrestlers in order of preference: Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Daniel Bryan, Ric Flair, The Undertaker, Randy Savage, Roddy Piper, The Rock, Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby GNR » Aug 04, '15, 5:38 pm

What was your hardest moment as a Cleveland sports fan (besides The Decision or losing the Browns to Baltimore, to keep things interesting)?

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby PorkChop » Aug 04, '15, 5:48 pm

What are your thoughts on Randy Lerner?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Next

Return to The Pub