It is currently: Jun 04, '24, 7:30 am

Children's Names

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Children's Names

Postby HardcoreLegend » Feb 16, '15, 2:55 pm

I feel like I'm a long way off from having kids, I know a few people on here have kids, there's a couple of you getting married soon so no doubt families will be following... So have you given thoughts to naming your children?

Me and my friends were saying it's quite a big decision to make. :lol The kid will be stuck with that name for at least the first 18 years of their life! Would you go for a more traditional name, maybe a name that runs or the family... Or would you go for an obscure name that isn't actually a name?

Ive got a couple of family names in mind, I have one grandmother and one grandfather who have both passed with names I would like to pass on. However I have a lot of cousins so have a feeling those names will get used very quickly. However, along with the traditional first name I wouldn't mind a middle name that was a little different. Nothing too obscure, just something that wasn't common.

With that being said... I haven't even found anyone to have kids with, so maybe it's not something I should think about too much just yet.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 50

Re: Children's Names

Postby Circled Square » Feb 16, '15, 2:57 pm

Bentthatdick Cuminhersnatch after my favorite actor.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Daz » Feb 16, '15, 2:58 pm

Circled Square wrote:Bentthatdick Cuminhersnatch after my favorite actor.

So you're going for a "place of conception" sort of thing.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby The Legend » Feb 16, '15, 3:00 pm

Considering I'm the fourth straight John in my family, odds are my first son will carry on the tradition. Past that I don't know.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby PorkChop » Feb 16, '15, 3:46 pm

Daz wrote:

How do you think Brooklyn Beckham got his name?

My parents did the same with me, Croydon.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Daz » Feb 16, '15, 3:50 pm

PorkChop wrote:
Daz wrote:

How do you think Brooklyn Beckham got his name?

My parents did the same with me, Croydon.

If you apply that logic to my name, I was named after the city Smaug destroyed in the Hobbit.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Twister » Feb 16, '15, 4:31 pm

We have chosen more traditional names for our first and soon to be second born, not traditional in the sense that they're old fashioned. But they're not too 'out there' either. I don't mind unusual names, but some are silly imo. Names like Apple, Blue Ivy and North West are just too much for me lol. But I guess the celebrities who choose those kinds of names for their children can get away with it. I do think when you're picking out a name for your child, you need to look at the bigger picture and be mindful that it's something that will be with them for life - and what may sound cute when they're small may not be so cute when they're an adult.

Last edited by Twister on Feb 17, '15, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby GameDesigner14 » Feb 16, '15, 7:21 pm

Well when I named my first born son it wasn't a traditional name, I named him Jackson. But my soon to be born daughter she'll have a unique name, Wynter.

GameDesigner14 Female
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 28

Postby Circled Square » Feb 16, '15, 7:24 pm

GameDesigner14 wrote:Well when I named my first born son it wasn't a traditional name, I named him Jackson. But my soon to be born daughter she'll have a unique name, Wynter.

Action Jackson is gonna fuck bitches and get money.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 16, '15, 8:41 pm

I got me a JR, mainly cause we were told he was a girl throughout the whole pregnancy so nothing boy related was discussed. :lol

In about 4 months we will be bringing in another that is supposed to be of the female nature, if so her name shall be Imogen, my wife loves it and I like it also. If by chance she pops some pole and becomes a he just before birth then he shall be Kade

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Circled Square » Feb 16, '15, 8:43 pm

I'm digging these different names.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby JDD » Feb 16, '15, 8:52 pm

I would love to name my future daughter Buffy but doubt the future Mrs. JDD will allow that :( :lol

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Kein » Feb 17, '15, 2:40 am

I am actually more concerned about middle names than first names. Mostly because the middle names of my generation have a significant meaning to the family line, and I kind of like that. I would go for an obscure or a normal name but an important middle name, and then last name is what it is.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby flock u » Feb 18, '15, 5:46 am

Me and my wife put a lot of thought into the names of our 2 year old and her close to one month old sister.

Our Oldest is named Melanie after her Grandmother who passed away. And out newest munchkin is named Danielle in tribute to my late little sister who also passed away on her 16th birthday.

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 3

Postby EmperorWu » Feb 18, '15, 7:34 am

I really like Stannis and Renly from Game of Thrones, Octavius too. If I ever had a kid I'd seriously consider naming him after Eddie Guerrero. :lol Names I also like but wouldn't want to inflict on a poor child would be Felix after my grandfather, or Clive, Agrippa, Claudius, Temujin, Ramesses, Agamemnon. I could keep going...

You owe it to your child to at least give them a normal first or middle name, or one that can be said in many different way. Like Robert, Rob, Bob, Bobby. Give the kid options is what I'm saying. :P

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 62

Return to The Pub