It is currently: May 09, '24, 3:10 am

My American Adventure

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

My American Adventure

Postby HardcoreLegend » Feb 04, '15, 4:38 pm

I have just booked my summer holidays and it is going to be an adventure!!

I'm flying to New York for 3 nights by myself. I have flown alone before so the travelling part doesn't phase me, however I have 2 days to explore the city by myself. I'm a fairly independent so in that sense I'll be fine, but I don't want to be alone. A friend of mine has suggested finding a small city tour on my first day and use it as a chance to get talking to people. I'm sure there'll also be people in the hostel for me to talk to.

From NYC I'm flying to Orlando, where my family are having their summer holiday. I'm staying there for 5 nights, during which I wouldn't mind just relaxing and going with the flow. I've done Florida I couple of times already, been to the theme parks and everything, but I'm sure I'll still take a trip to one during the time I'm there.

From Orlando I'm flying to Vegas where I'll meet up with two of my friends who are currently living in the US. We have 3 nights in Vegas which I imagine will be crazy! I actually have a feeling I'll get married in Vegas. Have no idea who to, but you can't go to Vegas and not get married? It'd be rude not to!

From Vegas I will then go to Chicago for 4 nights. That's where one of my friends lives and I actually went a couple of years ago. I did pretty much all the main attractions so there isn't anything that comes to mind for me to do, but even just hanging out with my friend who I haven't seen for a year will be decent.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions on how to get the most out of this trip, let me know.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 50

Re: My American Adventure

Postby Everlong » Feb 04, '15, 5:05 pm

That's awesome man! Once I'm not typing from my phone I'll give you some ideas of things to do sorta near Chicago since you've done the real touristy stuff already.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby HardcoreLegend » Apr 29, '15, 5:59 am

This trip is happening in 2 weeks time... Any last minute suggestions?

Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author

Postby flock u » Apr 29, '15, 7:09 am

If you wanna make the drive from Chicago to Davenport Iowa I can show you where Seth Rollins lives.

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby Everlong » Apr 29, '15, 7:42 am

around Chicago:

Good touristy things to see:

-Museum of science and industry
-Shedd Aquarium
-Art museum
-Navy Pier
-Millennium Park
-General downtown stuff
-If the Bulls are still playing, you could catch an NBA playoff game
-You could catch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field, one of the more historic stadiums in American sports, or just tour the field if they're not there

If you're willing to go on a day trip from Chicago:

-Milwaukee (my city) is just over an hour away and there is a lot to do. It's one of the biggest brewery towns in the US, so I'm always encouraging of newcomers to go to the Lakefront Brewery Tour or the Milwaukee Brewing Company tour. There is also Miller Park (where the Brewers play), The MKE County Zoo (one of the best in the country), the Harley Davidson headquarters/factory/museum, the Pabst Mansion, some pretty awesome bars/restaurants, riverboat tours and more.

-Madison is consistently ranked as one of the best college towns in America, and it's extremely walkable. Not quite sure how long it takes to get there from Chicago but it's another possible day trip.

-Crystal Lake in IL is a fairly popular destination because it's easy to get to from Chicago (I think you can take a train there) and it's very pretty. Same goes for Lake Geneva in WI.
-

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby HardcoreLegend » May 05, '15, 5:38 pm

Everlong wrote:around Chicago:

Good touristy things to see:

-Museum of science and industry
-Shedd Aquarium
-Art museum
-Navy Pier
-Millennium Park
-General downtown stuff
-If the Bulls are still playing, you could catch an NBA playoff game
-You could catch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field, one of the more historic stadiums in American sports, or just tour the field if they're not there

If you're willing to go on a day trip from Chicago:

-Milwaukee (my city) is just over an hour away and there is a lot to do. It's one of the biggest brewery towns in the US, so I'm always encouraging of newcomers to go to the Lakefront Brewery Tour or the Milwaukee Brewing Company tour. There is also Miller Park (where the Brewers play), The MKE County Zoo (one of the best in the country), the Harley Davidson headquarters/factory/museum, the Pabst Mansion, some pretty awesome bars/restaurants, riverboat tours and more.

-Madison is consistently ranked as one of the best college towns in America, and it's extremely walkable. Not quite sure how long it takes to get there from Chicago but it's another possible day trip.

-Crystal Lake in IL is a fairly popular destination because it's easy to get to from Chicago (I think you can take a train there) and it's very pretty. Same goes for Lake Geneva in WI.
-

I went to Chicago a couple of years ago and did a few things on your list, so some of the things further out there seem interesting.

Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author

Postby Westcoastvibes » May 06, '15, 5:12 am

MURICA!

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby SortaCreative » May 06, '15, 7:23 am

flock u wrote:If you wanna make the drive from Chicago to Davenport Iowa I can show you where Seth Rollins lives.

:lol

oh please, go and meet some random guy from an internet forum and go find a wrestlers house. It'll be a great story.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby flock u » May 06, '15, 8:34 am

SortaCreative wrote:
flock u wrote:If you wanna make the drive from Chicago to Davenport Iowa I can show you where Seth Rollins lives.

:lol

oh please, go and meet some random guy from an internet forum and go find a wrestlers house. It'll be a great story.

There are a LOT of great things to do here in the Quad Cities :) Museums,Minor League Baseball, and even some Indy wrestling promotions that work here.

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby UTK » May 06, '15, 3:37 pm

Here we have the mayor of Davenport, Iowa, trying his best to keep the city relevant at all costs.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby flock u » May 08, '15, 4:15 am

UTK wrote:Here we have the mayor of Davenport, Iowa, trying his best to keep the city relevant at all costs.

I wish I was the Mayor lol. I could do a better job running it than him. But he is a nice guy got to help roof his home two years ago.

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

Return to The Pub