It is currently: May 20, '24, 5:23 am

Do you like yourself?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Do you like yourself?

Postby Twister » Jul 16, '14, 6:32 pm

I have a hard time accepting myself for who I am. I'm forever questioning the things I do and say and I often wonder whether I'm a good person or not based on mistakes I've made in the past and present. It gets exhausting at times but it's how i've always been and well, old habits for hard I guess. I'm working on becoming more positive about myself.

How does everyone else feel about themselves? Do you have good self esteem? Are you confident in who you are?

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 56

Re: Do you like yourself?

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 16, '14, 6:39 pm

I love my self. And I don't mean that in the asshole "I'm fucking awesome no one is as cool as me" way. Just straight up I've learned to love myself. I'd highly recommend this book. http://www.amazon.com/Love-Yourself-Lik ... B0086BX8UE

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby Twister » Jul 16, '14, 6:46 pm

Interesting, may have to get that book on the kindle. I bet it's such a nice feeling to be confident in who you are, a weight off your shoulders if you will.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby SKS » Jul 16, '14, 6:56 pm

You're not alone. I have terrible self esteem, have dealt with depression (not quite suicidal thoughts, but sometimes) ever since I stopped talking to my father (he said some really nasty things to me). Made me feel like I wasn't worth it and I wasn't good enough, so to me, I'm not good enough. I am having success in school and most of my family cares about me and praises me, but I never feel good or proud of myself. I feel ugly and fat even though I'm told my multiple people that I'm not, but something in my head keeps telling me I am. I was talking to this girl for a while and thought we were close enough to tell her about these issues and then she just stopped talking to me. I can put on a happy face and act cool in public when hanging out with my friends/family, but when I'm alone is where it really hits me. I'm hopefully going to see a therapist next month or talk to some support groups.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Kein » Jul 16, '14, 10:18 pm

Mmmmm... I used to have some pretty bad depression, so my self worth was pretty down in the dumps. At this point I am not sure if I kicked the depression or I managed to keep myself busy enough to not think about it, because when I do get time to sit and think, my mood does plummet. I have a negative and pessimistic attitude so I generally think of and expect the worst of everything.

I have learned to accept myself more or less, I don't have many qualms, but I can't really honestly say I like myself. I hate thinking about my current state, but I don't regret things I do at least. I used to second guess all decisions and regret my choices regularly, at least these days I can do something and not hate myself for it.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Georgerv » Jul 16, '14, 10:38 pm

Not at all, I suffer from a few different things which I'm sure doesn't help, but I question absolutely every decision I make no matter how big or small. Constantly blame myself for anything that goes wrong around me, my sef esteem is in the shitter quite honestly.

Doesn't matter how much others tell me different either, just can't seem to accept myself for who I am. I try to hide most of my problems from the majority of people I hang out with though, don't want anyone treating me differently because they think I need the help or anything, or worse start feeling guilty about making harmless jokes near me.

Hell just deciding whether or not I should post this has taken me 15 mins

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby SlightlyJames » Jul 17, '14, 1:06 am

Yeah, I'd say so. I've done the whole self conscious thing for a while and I've gradually just gotten over it. I'm perfectly comfortable with who I am right now.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Chewy » Jul 17, '14, 1:25 am

I'm an utter cunt.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Twister » Jul 17, '14, 5:25 am

Some very insightful replies here, thanks for sharing guys.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Romo » Jul 17, '14, 6:25 am

I don't mind myself, i'm a cunt sometimes but who isn't.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 17, '14, 1:29 pm

Yes, always question myself pessimistically. I've had long-term self esteem issues and find it difficult to truly like myself.

Or if everything is rosey, it takes one mistake to shatter any calm or confidence I've gained and I end up getting frustrated and annoyed at myself for being the way I am.

Sometimes I wish I had a lady in my life to encourage and pick me up when I'm feeling shit but sadly all these feelings fester inside.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Kyle » Jul 18, '14, 3:53 am

I do like myself.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby PorkChop » Jul 18, '14, 5:42 am

I think I'm an alright guy, but I can be a dick sometimes.

I'm pretty content with who I am though. People seem to get along with me rather easily, I'm proud of some achievements in my life and I'm grateful for many things I have. I have regrets and I've made mistakes which I still beat myself up over, but nobody's perfect I suppose, aside from Chewy of course.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Kyle » Jul 18, '14, 9:04 pm

I should follow up a little more. In the current moment I like myself. In my teen years (I'm 22 now) I used to belittle myself for every little fault I had, no matter how minor. I viewed myself the way I thought others viewed me, which I perceived to be pretty badly. I've realized over time that I have faults, both major and minor, but that they are apart of who I am and I can work on them to better myself.

I guess at some point I looked at myself and saw the things I liked. I'm tall, relatively handsome, can get along with everybody. I'm kind, intelligent, compassionate, athletic, and I have a great family. So I'm lazy at times, I procrastinate too much, and I have anxiety. Yes, I've been pretty sheltered thus far in my existence but that doesn't mean I won't have a good social life or find someone to spend the rest of my life with. I do believe with all my heart that I am going to make a better adult than I made a teenager.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby SortaCreative » Jul 19, '14, 5:20 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Sometimes I wish I had a lady in my life to encourage and pick me up when I'm feeling shit but sadly all these feelings fester inside.

Gotta be able to do that for yourself before the lady comes into it, unfortunately.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Romo » Jul 19, '14, 5:33 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Yes, always question myself pessimistically. I've had long-term self esteem issues and find it difficult to truly like myself.

Or if everything is rosey, it takes one mistake to shatter any calm or confidence I've gained and I end up getting frustrated and annoyed at myself for being the way I am.

Sometimes I wish I had a lady in my life to encourage and pick me up when I'm feeling shit but sadly all these feelings fester inside.

If i could recommend a book to you mate it would be this one 'Instant Confidence By Paul McKenna' it helped me out alot with my confidence

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 19, '14, 3:55 pm

Romo wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:Yes, always question myself pessimistically. I've had long-term self esteem issues and find it difficult to truly like myself.

If i could recommend a book to you mate it would be this one 'Instant Confidence By Paul McKenna' it helped me out alot with my confidence

Thanks for the recommendation but always viewed him with suspicion for some reason. He just sounds abit too good to be true.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Twister » Jul 19, '14, 5:04 pm

Georgerv wrote:Not at all, I suffer from a few different things which I'm sure doesn't help, but I question absolutely every decision I make no matter how big or small. Constantly blame myself for anything that goes wrong around me, my sef esteem is in the shitter quite honestly.

Doesn't matter how much others tell me different either, just can't seem to accept myself for who I am. I try to hide most of my problems from the majority of people I hang out with though, don't want anyone treating me differently because they think I need the help or anything, or worse start feeling guilty about making harmless jokes near me.

Hell just deciding whether or not I should post this has taken me 15 mins

This is basically me too. The only one who truly sees the extent of my 'issues' is my other half, and even then I don't always tell him everything because I feel stupid and there's not really much he can do to help. I put on a façade for friends and family because quite frankly I'm embarrassed and like you I don't want people treating me any differently or thinking I'm doing it for the attention.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby JPG619 » Jul 19, '14, 8:10 pm

I like myself I have nothing really to bad besides no having a girlfriend currently and looking for a better job but they will soon come. Right now as long as I have my friends I am happy.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Return to The Pub