It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 6:14 am

Can you see yourself getting married?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Can you see yourself getting married?

Postby Matteo » Oct 21, '13, 6:47 pm

Clearly a question for those who are not married yet, but it'd be great to hear input from any users here that are married or engaged. I know anything can really happen, say, 5-10 years from now, but at this stage in your life, can you see yourself getting married and possibly starting a family? Does it sound, at all, ideal?

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 195

Re: Can you see yourself getting married?

Postby Hanley! » Oct 21, '13, 6:53 pm

I've been with my current girlfriend for 5 years now. We've been living together for 4 years and I'm very happy with her. We're not engaged yet, but it probably won't be long now. We have talked about getting married before, but haven't made anything official while she's still in college and while we're both waiting on promotion. Once we have started to take those steps forward, and have a little more cash to spend on things like a wedding, I'll definitely want to get married.

I do want kids in a few years too. I've always wanted to be a father - I like being around kids. I've always done well with younger cousins and other family members.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Viazon » Oct 21, '13, 6:54 pm

I'd love to get married some day. Both of my best friends are engaged and practically married. I'm pushing 30 so definitely looking to meet the girl I settle down with soon. I always saw myself getting married and starting a family.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 21, '13, 6:59 pm

I should be married. Two of my closest friends are married; one of them is going to soon.

I'm 27 and in British South-Asian circles, that's old! I should have done the whole lot by now, marriage, kids, car, house!

But I don't like conforming to others. I can't see it happening anytime soon because that'd involve me having to pipe up and engage a beautiful lady but who knows?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Settee » Oct 21, '13, 9:15 pm

One day I would love to get married and have a family, but being 21 right now, I still have a lot of things to do before I'm ready to settle down.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby HFX » Oct 21, '13, 9:41 pm

I'd love to one day get married, settle down and have children. Marriage obviously isn't for everyone but I'm pretty sure I want it. Just got to find a girl to ask out and start off down that path, no real rush though as I'm only 23 about to turn 24. I'd like to have a steady job and fix some personal problems before I enter into a relationship. I'd also want to become a journeyman welder before I got married. A man shouldn't have to provide fully in a relationship but I think he should have the ability to do so. Also all my friends think I'll find a girl and settle down someday so hopefully I prove myself and them right. It would help if the fuckers would introduce me to some women :lol

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Everlong » Oct 21, '13, 9:46 pm

Yeah, I hope to be married and a father some day (hopefully the first before the second :P). I'm not in a big rush, but I think I could handle marriage at this point in my life.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby PorkChop » Oct 22, '13, 11:18 am

Settee321 wrote:One day I would love to get married and have a family, but being 21 right now, I still have a lot of things to do before I'm ready to settle down.

Same here. I'm 22 and although I like to think I'll get married one day, it's not really one of my concerns right now. I watched my best friend get married to his girlfriend of 7 years in August, and it was bizarre. I don't want to get married for a good few years yet.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Kyle » Oct 22, '13, 11:28 am

Yes, for sure.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 22, '13, 11:30 am

I'm not sure my wife will let me.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Return to The Pub