It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 2:11 am

If you were 16 again, what would you have done differently?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

If you were 16 again, what would you have done differently?

Postby PorkChop » Oct 21, '13, 6:05 am

I wouldn't have gone to college. I'd have tried to get an apprenticeship and start earning money and developing practical skills. College sucked for me - I'd love to explain why, as there's so many reasons. I had some crazy experiences I never wish to live through again.

So, I'd stay the hell away from it and get money instead.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: If you were 16 again, what would you have done different

Postby prophet » Oct 21, '13, 7:08 am

This is the lamest one to say but I'd have actually worked hard in school, picked subjects that actually interested me, revised and done better in my exams. I'd have probably stayed on at Sixth Form too - I always regretted dropping out.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby HFX » Oct 21, '13, 11:22 am

I'd go into welding while still in high school, started playing rugby and working out and I'd ask out that girl I liked and who supposedly liked me. I hate my past self for the decisions I've made but alas we can't change that past. Just part of life I guess and we can still change our futures :)

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Hanley! » Oct 21, '13, 11:35 am

There was a girl that I think I had a shot with, but I managed to mess it up because I was interested in someone else who turned out to be a bit of a bitch. I'd like to get a do-over on that one. Though as someone who's enjoying a happy relationship at the moment, it's harder to feel bad about my relationship problems from years ago.

I think I might have tried to drop a class too, to focus my studies a bit more and try to push up my grades for those. I did well in my exams at the end of high school, but I could have easily done better.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Viazon » Oct 21, '13, 11:57 am

Literally everything. If I knew the stuff I knew now, I probably would have had a much easier time. Not that I had a hard childhood or anything. My upbringing was fairly typical. But there were some moments I would like to have avoided.

I wish I knew about girls what I knew now. I was not one of the kids who the girls liked at school. I always sat back and watched to popular boys get the girls. I have learned a lot over the years and some of this info would have been useful to me back then.

I wish I paid attention in school more. I never really took it too seriously. Who knows, with a better education I could have ended up with a better job.

The main thing I wish I did was stick it out at college. I did a media course for one year but didn't go back the second year. To this day I don't know why. I think at the time, me and my friends got offered full time jobs at the places we worked and we wanted to earn as much money as we could to go clubbing every weekend and go on holidays. I guess we thought what was the point of learning and going to college when we already had jobs. Who knows what I could be doing now if I stuck it out.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 21, '13, 12:59 pm

Rather than do a BTEC at college, I wish I'd done three A levels at sixth form rather than do a two year media course then University.

I think doing the A Levels might have broadened my horizons and given me the chance to solidify a second career choice if things in Journalism didn't pan out. I wished I did that, that is, find a second career choice.

But whatever happens, happens for a reason that I believe so try not to be regretful and move on.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Kyle » Oct 21, '13, 2:29 pm

Get a girlfriend.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Matteo » Oct 21, '13, 6:53 pm

Take advantage of the relatively laid-back environment in high school.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby rawisjericho » Oct 21, '13, 7:15 pm

Played sports, especially baseball. I was really good in little league and just playing for fun. I would practice many hours a day, all year 'round. I could hit the ball a mile and was a fast runner and a good fielder. My team won the championship every year except one. Even though a lot of kids my age said it, I really wanted to play professionally when I grew up. I still wonder to this day if I had played in high school, would I have been successful, and gotten a scholarship and who knows what after that. Everything changed for me when I moved and switched schools. I know I'm slightly of topic since this happened before I was 16.

rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 7

Postby War Daddy » Oct 21, '13, 7:25 pm

I easily would have gotten a scholarship for wrestling had I just focused on my grades. Maybe not a big time school, but defanitely somewhere.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Settee » Oct 21, '13, 9:00 pm

Everything... but no, If I were able to go back to being 16 in highschool, I would just be more confident. I realize now that I had a few golden opportunities that I blew because I bitched out because of a lack of confidence.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 21, '13, 11:12 pm

I would have focused more on school, done less drugs.
Also, if I knew at 16 that my mom was gonna pass away 5 years later I would have been a better child, not burdened her with the constant stress of me getting arrested, being on drugs or comming home a bloody mess from some random drunken or drug fueled fight. And I would have definantly told her I loved her more often

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Fatman » Oct 22, '13, 12:58 am

Nothing. Don't live in regret, ese!

Fatman None specified
Gym Rat
Gym Rat

Topics: 2

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 22, '13, 1:02 am

Fatman wrote:Nothing. Don't live in regret, ese!

Same here, I had a lot of fun when I was 16 and onwards things have been pretty enjoyable.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby xgamr » Oct 22, '13, 8:49 am

I would be more social/outgoing

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Twister » Oct 22, '13, 10:03 am

Age 16 was the start of the best time of my life socially, I had a fair amount of friends, my social life was great and I was having tonnes of fun and no responsibilities.

There are how ever, a couple of things that I wish I could change. Firstly: I wish I hadn't wasted nearly two years at college doing courses which I wasn't even interested in only for me to drop out and leave with nothing in the end. I only went to that college because most of my friends from school were going there, I don't regret going to that specific college, I just wish I'd made better choices in terms of the courses I'd chosen. It was such a waste of time, and it was free. Now if I went to college i'd have to pay through the nose or take out a loan. I just can't believe I wasted such an opportunity.

Secondly: I wish I'd made the most of my assets, I spent so much time obsessing about my weight and how I looked that I didn't realize that there was nothing wrong with me in the first place, it was all in my head. I'm not saying I was super gorgeous or anything like that, but I wasn't as ugly and as fat as I thought I was. Now I am bigger than i'd like to be and when I look through old photo's, even from just before I got pregnant, I have the perspective to see that now. And I'd give almost anything to look like that now, I'm sure i'll get back to pre-pregnancy weight eventually, but it's hard to find the time/motivation.

Apart from those two things I have nothing but fond memories from that time.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Return to The Pub