It is currently: May 16, '24, 4:53 pm

Travel in your own country

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Travel in your own country

Postby HFX » Apr 16, '14, 1:49 pm

I like traveling but never have money and I bet we have a lot of people here who like to visit other places. So what is one place in your home country that you have visited and loved and what is one place in your respective country that you have never had the chance to visit but would love to?

For Canada one of the most beautiful places I've ever been is the Yukon. It's so secluded and quiet and gives you a real look at how man and nature can co-exist. Downtown Whitehorse regularly has moose and bears run through the streets. I ran into a bunch of foxes and have never seen one down here in Edmonton. There are just so many trees, the water and air are clean, the skies are bright and the mountains beautiful. The people were absolutely awesome and I want to go back up there so bad.

Another destination I love for similar reasons is the Okanagan. Personally I prefer Vernon to Kelowna but the whole place is beautiful. Brett and Settee I recommend you make a trip out there and stay for a bit if you haven't. I drank from a mountain stream, I met great, nice and friendly people. The mountains, lake and the woods are beautiful.

For a place I've never been but want to go to real bad is Atlantic Canada. I have family from New Brunswick and my dad grew up there. I really want to go visit it and see where he grew up. Nova Scotia and Newfoundland are supposed to be beautiful and the people are supposed to be some of the friendliest on the planet. I know I've never met a Newfie I didn't like though I've had some differences with Nova Scotians. From my buddies who come from Nova Scotia, they say the whole Atlantic provinces are a completely different experience from Alberta and I just want to go experience it. My grandpa keeps telling me to save my money, get my bike license and then go spend some time out there and travel around. He says it's one of the things everyone should do before they die.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 43

Re: Travel in your own country

Postby PorkChop » Apr 16, '14, 2:22 pm

I'd love to go the Lake District here in the UK - I'm a big outdoorsy person and it's probably the best scenery we've got here. Would love to see it in person one day.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 16, '14, 2:43 pm

I've been to:

New York: Once for a Bills game, drove through to get to Canada and home 4 times, been to Manhattan to many times to count.

DE: Been shopping there, really not much to do. I joke that no one ever goes to Delaware but everyone ends up there by accident at least once.

NJ: Drove to the beach a few times, drove through it a bunch of times for different events.

Both Carolinas: After boot camp. Technically lived in South Carolina for six months.

VA: To many times to count as well, I spend a lot of time in D.C. also have been to Williamsburg.

WV: Driven through a few times. Stayed at a campground once.

FL: Disney

GA: Never left the airport but was technically there.

MD: Again way to many times to count between DC and Baltimore.

DC: Really my favorite place to be. Love that city. Love the history, love the architecture, love the people. Great museums even the ones people don't frequent. If you love history or politics there is just so much to learn and most of it is free. Plus there are a lot of beautiful monuments.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby JDD » Apr 16, '14, 7:59 pm

Ive been to Georgia, California, Florida, D.C, both Virginias, Maryland, both Carolinas, Conneticut, Jersey, Pensylvania, Delaware and Texas. Those are the places ive staye at for at least a night. Ive driven through a few other states.

My favorite place was D.C. Like ShaneO said, all the history and theres just so much to do. Im here right now actually. Its just an awesome place to be. Also really liked my time in San Fransisco. Hoping i can go back there someday. I love Florida, probably because all the family members i like are down there :lol Also Disneyworld :tim And believe it or not, i really liked the area my dad used to live in Jersey. It was right on the border of Jersey and PA i think. Really nice place.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby CubsIn5 » Apr 16, '14, 8:58 pm

HFX you know you're welcome out here any time.

CubsIn5 None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 14

Postby CavingSiberian » Apr 16, '14, 9:11 pm

I've been everywhere in my country. Honestly, everywhere. Except New Jersey, North Dakota, Michigan, Alaska and Hawaii.

(Time to randomly plug in my website that I haven't updated in a long time since my graduate research keeps me too busy to do so......)

http://www.geojeep.com
https://www.facebook.com/GeoJeep

CavingSiberian Female
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 8

Postby Everlong » Apr 16, '14, 9:36 pm

The states I've been to:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

My favorite places in the states I've been:

1. The Boundary Waters. This is my favorite place in the entire world. Incredibly beautiful and peaceful. I go there nearly every summer and it never gets old.

2. Yellowstone National Park. Amazing hiking adventures, close contact with wildlife, just an awesome trip in general.

3. Alaska. I did a week on land and a week at sea (stopping in Skagway, Juneau and College Fjord) and it was just breathtakingly beautiful. We were also incredibly lucky and got amazing views of Mount McKinley from Denali National Park -- usually clouds make it difficult to see from a distance.

4. Monument Valley - Right on the border of Arizona and Utah, this Navajo treasure was the basis for the Mesa de la Luna area in Red Dead Redemption.

5. Grand Canyon National Park. Come on, it's a bucket list item.

6. Boston. Enjoyed this city WAY more than I expected it to. Had an absolute blast.

7. Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. Not your typical tourist destination but beautiful scenery.

That's a taste of some of my travels anyway :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Daz » Apr 17, '14, 4:44 am

I've traveled to a lot of places in England, there's usually 90 minutes worth of disappointment and misery to endure at the end, followed by a long coach ride home.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Return to The Pub