It is currently: May 06, '24, 3:14 pm

Favorite type of chicken wing

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Favorite type of chicken wing

Postby HFX » Apr 16, '14, 1:34 pm

Tim eating all those chicken wings got me thinking about them and I started craving them. I would love a plate of buffalo wings right about now. Another personal favorite of mine is teryaki if I ain't feeling up for anything hot. I prefer a sauce as long as the wing isn't drowning in it. Dry rubs are good for other things but I find they just dry out the wing and offer nothing but some crunch.

So what are your favorite wings? Do you prefer sauces? Do you prefer a dry rub mixture? I know some people who cook their wings in a smoker and add another flavor element. So what say you club, what do you get during Wing Night?

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 43

Re: Favorite type of chicken wing

Postby Dumpy » Apr 16, '14, 1:41 pm

Lemon pepper wings from Wing Stop is pure ecstasy.

Shoutsout to Tim for the awesome signature!! :tim
Dumpy None specified
Gym Rat
Gym Rat

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1

Postby Hanley! » Apr 16, '14, 1:47 pm

Buffalo Wings! Dammit, why would you do this to me I'm so hungry! :cussing

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Apr 16, '14, 1:51 pm

I only get wings from a place called Quaker Steak and Lube that started in Western PA, but now has locations in 22 different states. From there my favorite is a dry rub called dusted chipotle BBQ, it tastes just like a BBQ flavored potato chip. As for sauces, my favorite is Louisiana Lickers or Arizona Ranch depending on how hot I want it.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Apr 16, '14, 1:53 pm

^In terms of chain places, Quaker Steak and Lube is probably the best one I've found. Definitely better than Buffalo Wild Wings, which isn't bad, it's just not great.

The best wings I've had are from a couple different bars in Milwaukee. This one that I go to every Tuesday after choir rehearsal (when it just so happens to be their wing night) has an AMAZING Memphis Dry Rub that I always get. Usually I get 6 dry rub, six buffalo. They also have a pretty amazing hot garlic too.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Apr 16, '14, 1:56 pm

Everlong wrote:^In terms of chain places, Quaker Steak and Lube is probably the best one I've found. Definitely better than Buffalo Wild Wings, which isn't bad, it's just not great.

The best wings I've had are from a couple different bars in Milwaukee. This one that I go to every Tuesday after choir rehearsal (when it just so happens to be their wing night) has an AMAZING Memphis Dry Rub that I always get. Usually I get 6 dry rub, six buffalo. They also have a pretty amazing hot garlic too.

Here's some advice, if you ever get the chance to go to Sharon, PA they have the original place and it just tastes better from there than anywhere else. I think the grease in their fryers have aged it in awesome way.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby SKS » Apr 16, '14, 1:57 pm

Can't go wrong really, I like mine with sauces including garlic Parmesan, buffalo, honey BBQ, and mango habanero. :homer

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Locke » Apr 16, '14, 2:10 pm

If I'm in a heat mood:
I like bone-in, dry rub AND dipped, and it needs to be pretty freakin' hot. The wings I used to love from a local joint called "Lip Splitters" literally would make a pair of winter chapped lips bleed, but damn they were great and packed with flavor.

If I'm in a non-heat mood:
One time, just once, I had some boneless wings from Chilis that were dipped in some kind of sweet and sour sauce, almost like sweet and sour pork from a Chinese joint. However, they had a sweet honey & vinegar mustard dipping sauce with it. By far the best thing I've had as far as boneless wings go, and I've never been able to replicate it and I don't think Chilis even has it anymore (like any chain, very hit or miss there). However, usually I am addicted to honey mustard dipping sauces now wherever I go. :lol I even have honey mustard on my sub sammiches ever since (and this has been about 5 or 6 years ago).

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby The Legend » Apr 16, '14, 2:12 pm

^^^ Honey Mustard is awesome.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 16, '14, 2:32 pm

The Legend wrote:
Everlong wrote:^In terms of chain places, Quaker Steak and Lube is probably the best one I've found. Definitely better than Buffalo Wild Wings, which isn't bad, it's just not great.

Here's some advice, if you ever get the chance to go to Sharon, PA they have the original place and it just tastes better from there than anywhere else. I think the grease in their fryers have aged it in awesome way.

I've not been YET but my buddy raves about it. I just can't see driving out that far but I really want to go to one. We may take a road trip sometime I think there is one in Mechanicsburg.

But yeah I love wings. We used to have a "WOW" in town but it got shut down. At home I make wings probably one every other week or so. Cook them in the oven then toss them. Love Buffalo style.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Return to The Pub