It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 12:45 am

Most embarrassing thing to happen to you in public?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Most embarrassing thing to happen to you in public?

Postby PorkChop » Oct 17, '13, 8:46 am

I went to Typhoon Lagoon in Florida when I was about 12. I was in the wave pool, and swam right up to the wave generator so I'd get swept back by some of the biggest waves. I was getting thrown a good 20 feet backwards along with everyone else, it was awesome.

One wave hit me, and I went drifting back quite a distance. I felt something brush past my leg, assuming it was someone else, or whatever. The place was packed, so I didn't really think much of it. I stood back up in the water, and realised it was a pair of swimshorts, floating on the surface. My swimshorts. I looked down, and saw my pecker was out in the open, being gently lapped by the waves. Luckily at this point the water was at waist height so not too much of my junk was visible, but everyone around me knew. They watched me scramble for my swimshorts and laughed.

I left the pool in shame. It genuinely ruined the rest of my day - I was afraid of being recognised around the park as the kid that lost his swimshorts. I just wanted to go home :lol

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Most embarrassing thing to happen to you in public?

Postby Hanley! » Oct 17, '13, 1:05 pm

When I was 12, our class was dragged to some hurling game our school was competing in. Which I had no interest in whatsoever. So I spent most of the game just messing around with a couple of mates who were likewise not interested. Running along the stone benches at the side of the park and generally play acting. Which came back to bite me in the ass when I fell off one of the benches and literally landed on my face.

I wasn't that badly injured, but a LOT of people noticed. So it was pretty damn embarrassing. Particularly because there really was no good reason for what had happened other than me being a prat. I had no excuses. Plus I had a bunch of scrapes on my face for the next few weeks, which led to the oh-so-creative nickname "Scabby face". Which didn't stick after the scabs disappeared, thankfully. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 17, '13, 3:16 pm

When I was 16, I went clothes shopping with some friends. I picked out some items that I wanted to try on and went to the changing rooms on the ground floor.

I went in and was starting to get changed when I noticed my friends outside giggling, I wonder why I thought? I popped my head out as they unashamedly kept on laughing and told me to look up outside the changing room facility. I did and it turned out I had entered the ladies' changing room! Luckily for me, no-one was in when I inadvertently strode in but luckily that the embarrassment was limited to my friends and not the wider people in the store at that time.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Locke » Oct 17, '13, 3:46 pm

One of my friends in college invited me to a toga party because we were supposed to get some chicks. Guess I was to be wingman because all night he'd attempt to crack jokes at my expense but would fail miserably because I was sharp witted and he was a sloppy loud drunk. We decided to step out on the back deck and it was a particularly crisp winter night. Most college toga parties go by tradition of having nothing on underneath, so let me tell you it was chilly. Still there were quite a few people smoking and talking and my friend decided since I'd "1upped him" all night that he'd get revenge, and he de-togad me in front of the whole group. Now I was in the best shape of my life at this point but goddamn a cold night isn't flattering for anyone. Not only that, but I'd never been naked in front of a chick at this point in my young life either. I never heard much laughter about it but it still embarrassed me and I never went to another toga party in my life; it was also the last I ever talked to that "friend" either, and I'd heard a rumor later on he got busted for statutory. Karma. :lol

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Twister » Oct 17, '13, 3:58 pm

When I was about 7 I went on holiday with my grandparents to a caravan park. One day I was playing outside our caravan on my own, running around it etc - the door to the caravan was open. Anyway, I wasn't concentrating on where I was and I saw next door's caravan door slam shut. Only I thought it was my caravan and that I was locked out so I ran up to the door, started banging on it shouting "LET ME IN, LET ME IN". A woman opened the door looking really confused and pissed off. I was mortified and said "oops sorry, wrong caravan!" then ran straight back into my caravan and didn't play outside for the rest of the day because I was so embaressed.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Viazon » Oct 17, '13, 4:30 pm

Was probably around 14-15. There is a boating lake in my town. People can rent a boat for a certain about of time and sail around on the lake. It was pretty boring but me and my friends would do it sometimes just to mess around.

Every two years we have a river festival in my town. It is a pretty big event and there is always loads of people about. We were in this boating lake again. We were just finishing up and were all climbing out of the boat. As I tried to step off, my friend decided he just couldn't wait for me to get off the boat. He jumped passed me off the rock and onto the dock, which caused the boat to rock. This made me fall into the water. And this happened in front of thousands of people. So yeah, that was pretty embarrassing.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Return to The Pub