It is currently: May 21, '24, 10:23 am

Worst Birthday Ever?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Worst Birthday Ever?

Postby Ace » Mar 08, '14, 5:43 pm

What has been your worst birthday? Maybe you didn't get the gift you wanted? Maybe someone didn't show up that you invited?

Mine was definitely my 8th birthday in the year 2001.

My birthday is September 10th & we all know the tragedy that occurred the next day.

We hadn't celebrated my birthday on the actual date (the 10th) because it was a Monday. My parents were out of town for the weekend were getting back that Monday night so my dad promised my sister & I that he'd take us to Chuck E Cheese's the next day.

I woke up instantly excited, constantly reminding my parents of their promise. When I got school, I remember thinking that all the adults in the building (teachers, secretaries, teacher's aids etc.) were acting funny. I don't really remember the teachers making a big deal about it, maybe because they didn't want to scare us so I went home still expecting to go to Chuck E Cheese's. Well when I got home, my parents were glued to the television not saying a word to us. I was so confused. Then my parents told me that we were going to celebrate because some bad men flew a plane into a building. I still didn't understand what was going on & not till a couple months later or so had I realized why everyone was so upset :(

There's mine. How about you guys?

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Worst Birthday Ever?

Postby PorkChop » Mar 08, '14, 5:46 pm

On my 20th birthday I was called in to do jury service for a kiddyfiddling case.

My 21st birthday was spent having a meal with my parents. My girlfriend at the time cancelled as she had social anxiety.

My 22nd birthday was my nan's funeral.

Dreading my birthday this year...

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Chewy » Mar 08, '14, 6:00 pm

I had my 18th birthday in a gun pit, my 21st in a third world country sweating my nuts off wearing Kevlar, but the worst was my 12th. It was the only birthday I was allowed to have a party, which resulted in my brother eating the entire birthday cake before I'd got home from school and my parents forgot to invite anyone.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby JPG619 » Mar 08, '14, 7:13 pm

I don't think I had a bad birthday. Yeah there been years that I got no gifts well I was in my early 20's but since I was all grown up and almost done school I really never expected something.

However I have a great feeling this year birthday will be better then normal. I over heard my friends talking the other day that they wanted to do something special for my 30's later this month.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Settee » Mar 09, '14, 9:38 am

My 17th. My parents went to florida 4 days before my birthday, and they made me go stay at my grandmas because they thought my brother and I would fight. So essentially my parents ditched me and kicked me out for my birthday.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby JPG619 » Mar 09, '14, 12:38 pm

Settee321 wrote:My 17th. My parents went to florida 4 days before my birthday, and they made me go stay at my grandmas because they thought my brother and I would fight. So essentially my parents ditched me and kicked me out for my birthday.

That is sad man, no one ever should to be kicked out on their birthday. Sorry to hear that man. That one thing I never do to my kids if I ever do find the right person to have kids with would never kick them out of our house. Well my friends have been kicked out and my family welcomes them over with open arms. I think that the only nice thing that my parents done to my friends and myself

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Settee » Mar 09, '14, 12:44 pm

JPG619 wrote:
Settee321 wrote:My 17th. My parents went to florida 4 days before my birthday, and they made me go stay at my grandmas because they thought my brother and I would fight. So essentially my parents ditched me and kicked me out for my birthday.

That is sad man, no one ever should to be kicked out on their birthday. Sorry to hear that man. That one thing I never do to my kids if I ever do find the right person to have kids with would never kick them out of our house. Well my friends have been kicked out and my family welcomes them over with open arms. I think that the only nice thing that my parents done to my friends and myself

Thanks, there was a lot more shit that happened on that birthday, but that was the worst of it.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Twister » Mar 09, '14, 1:06 pm

I don't think I've ever had a really bad birthday really, which i'm grateful for. Last years was pretty lame because we didn't really do anything to celebrate it, had a few family members round on the day for a couple of hours but no parties or anything. Tbh I wasn't really bothered about it either.

It's my birthday a week on Monday and it should be slightly better than last year, my OH's birthday is this Friday too so on the Saturday our daughter is staying at my mums over night so we can spend some quality time together and go for a nice meal/get a take-away and smoke a few j's whilst watching movies and wrestling and then have a nice long lie-in in the morning. Doesn't sound like much but to us it's great. We don't really have many friends so it's just gonna be the two of us I think. On the actual day we will probably just go out somewhere as a family.

Last edited by Twister on Mar 09, '14, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby blackparade » Mar 09, '14, 1:22 pm

It would have to be my 21st. My mom had been ill, and not working, so any money I earned went to their bills, and we just didn't have any money to do anything. She wrote in my birthday card "My 'Baby Boy' is now a man. Someday I'll treat you properly. Love, Mom", but she never got that chance. She died 3 months later. :(

blackparade Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 1

Postby Ace » Mar 09, '14, 3:03 pm

blackparade wrote:It would have to be my 21st. My mom had been ill, and not working, so any money I earned went to their bills, and we just didn't have any money to do anything. She wrote in my birthday card "My 'Baby Boy' is now a man. Someday I'll treat you properly. Love, Mom", but she never got that chance. She died 3 months later. :(

I'm so sorry to hear that :(

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author
Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 09, '14, 4:43 pm

blackparade wrote:It would have to be my 21st. My mom had been ill, and not working, so any money I earned went to their bills, and we just didn't have any money to do anything. She wrote in my birthday card "My 'Baby Boy' is now a man. Someday I'll treat you properly. Love, Mom", but she never got that chance. She died 3 months later. :(

Sorry to hear that man but am sure she was proud to have a son who thought to help to pay the bills than spend it on his birthday. ;)

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Twister » Mar 09, '14, 4:58 pm

Really sorry to hear that blackparade, your mother must have been so proud of you.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Hanley! » Mar 09, '14, 5:18 pm

For my 18th birthday, me and another friend I had just met recently (who's birthday was that same weekend) organised a big night out with both of our mates to celebrate. When we headed to the club though, one of my female friends couldn't get in. At which point all of my friends ditched me. Where did they go instead? My house. My little brother was home, so they just called in there and hung out until the night was over.

For my 19th birthday, other members of my band had booked a gig in our local pub, without me knowing about it. Now I tended to enjoy playing live, so it wouldn't have been that big a deal, but in the end the crowd wasn't great that night and most of my friends had bailed to go to the club long before we finished up. And my friend who's birthday was around the same time of mine had to be taken home before we even started playing, because he had already drank too much Wild Turkey and could barely stand.

For my 20th birthday, my then girlfriend broke up with me. She got back together with me a week later and we stayed together for another 4-5 months or thereabouts, so I think she was actually just trying to make me sad. :lol

For my 21st birthday, I had a proper party in a local pub. My musician friends were all there, so we had set up music equipment and were running an open mic for the night. I got unbelievably drunk and can't remember half the night, but I enjoyed the parts of the night I can remember. :lol So that was the end of my bad birthday run.

That sucks man. No good person should have to go that young. But you can take some consolation in that memory; it says a lot about your relationship. Despite still being young, you were responsible enough to put her first and you had plenty of respect for her, and she obviously appreciated the man you were becoming.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Mar 10, '14, 8:03 am

I haven't had any particularly awful birthdays, fortunately. I guess the worst would be my 24th, where I was in the car literally the entire day (30 hour drive back from Arizona). But given that I'd just been on an awesome trip in the ten days beforehand, I can't complain to much.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby blackparade » Mar 11, '14, 4:23 am

Yeah, she was proud. Luckily now I've got my wife and daughter to celebrate birthdays with, so haven't had a bad one since. Thanks for the kind words folks.

blackparade Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 1

Return to The Pub