It is currently: Apr 30, '24, 2:57 am

What's the creepiest experience you've ever had?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

What's the creepiest experience you've ever had?

Postby Everlong » Oct 13, '13, 11:47 pm

For me, it was probably this one time when I was in high school. I had gotten to school very early (5:30 AM, school didn't start til 7:30) so that myself and two of my other buddies from the track team could get in some early hurdle technique practice. We had been told that a janitor arrived around that time on that particular day of the week, so we knew we'd be able to get in through the entrance in the back of the school near the gym/laundry entrance.

Well, we get there and find that the door is already unlocked, so we head inside. There are a few lights turned on leading down the hall toward the gym, and so we go down there and try to unlock the door but the doors are locked and we can't get in. This is odd, as the janitor was supposed to have known that we were going to be coming and should have had the door unlocked for us so that we could get in and practice.

So we decided to go walk around and find the janitor. We figured it wouldn't be hard as there weren't many lights on, but as we walked around the lit areas of the school we couldn't find the guy at all. Eventually we started walking around the dark portions of the school as well (this was in the winter time, sun wouldn't be up til past 7). We went up to the 2nd floor past the office and down the hall, and it was pitch black. But suddenly we heard a voice talking, as though it's in a conversation. We couldn't make out any of what it was saying, but then it addressed us:

VOICE: "Oh, I didn't realize you were here."

So this was kind of weird because the voice was literally coming from the darkness. We see a guy start to walk toward us but his face is kind of obscured because it's super dark. The only light coming in is the little light that the moon and street lamps are giving through the glass front doors down the hall.

TIM: "Um, yeah... well, could you come and unlock the gym for us?"

VOICE: "I'll be there in a second."

So, the person turns around and walks back into the darkness, and we can't even see him any more. So my friends and I shrug and head downstairs, kind of spooked out. We get down there and the door is cracked open and the janitor is inside.

FRIEND: "Whoah, you got down here fast."

JANITOR: "What? I just walked into the building. How'd you guys get in here?"

ME: "The door was unlocked and the lights down the hall were on."

So this visibly confused/upset the janitor, and we didn't understand. But then he asked us which door we came in, and we specified. Turns out, we'd come in the wrong door. The door that we came in is typically only used for deliveries and requires a passcode to enter. The only people who know that passcode are him (as the head janitor), the athletic director and the principal. The other two weren't there, and we had arrived to the school before him.

He goes through his walkie talkie channels trying to reach another janitor just in case someone had already gotten into the building, and then we even went back upstairs to walk around and find the person we'd talked to, but there was nobody in there except for myself, my two friends and the janitor. Creepy as fuck.

I wound up telling this story to our Biology teacher, who had been a teacher there for a few decades, and apparently he said that other teachers and staff and students have had similar creepy encounters/experiences in that same hall/corner of the building that we were in throughout the years. He said that there are several different urban legends that have kind of grown around it to explain it over the years, but he didn't really know much of the history behind it, other than that we definitely weren't the first people to experience something weird up there.

So yeah. That happened.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: What's the creepiest experience you've ever had?

Postby PorkChop » Oct 14, '13, 4:22 am

Damn, that's pretty creepy. Seeing a ghost is probably my biggest fear, so that would have creeped me out after. I've told my 'graveyard' story before a couple of times on the old board, so I'll share a few others.

I'm not spiritual in any way, and neither are any of my family. Despite seeing a ghost being my biggest fear, I doubt their existence. That being said, there has always been something creepy about my mum's house, and myself and other members of my family have had a few strange experiences there over the years.

I must have been about 14 or 15 at the time this happened, and was home alone. At the top of the stairs in my mum's house, just as I was about to walk down, I felt myself being physically pulled back. It was such a strong force that I fell to the floor and was pulled back against the wall at the top of the stairs. I couldn't stand up for a few seconds. I remember trying, but it felt as if I was being physically prevented. Eventually, I felt a weight ease off of me, and I could move again. I was so creeped out that I left the house until I knew my family would be back.

My mum has had a similar experience in the kitchen. She was also home alone, scrubbing the floor. She took a break and leaned against what she thought was the kitchen counter. She then realised that she was a fair distance away from it, and was actually leaning against thin air. She said she was leaning at such an angle that she wouldn't be able to maintain her balance without support. It still freaks her out to this day.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Viazon » Oct 14, '13, 5:42 am

These two experiences have nothing to do with ghost or anything like that and one of them even has a perfectly good explanation, which I learned of after looking it up. But they still crept the hell out of me none the less.

The first one was when I was approached in a park by a pedophile. I didn't really know what was going on at the time but after I walked away I realised what he was. I was about 13-14 at the time. It was a half term so me and some friends decided to meet at the park one day and play some football. All of my friends were already there and I was walking along the path through the park, going to meet them. This older Indian guy was walking down the path towards and stopped me by saying hello. He then said, "long time, no speak." I figured he was a friend of my parents or something and recognised me but I had no idea who he was. I figured I will just talk to him for a bit and I might remember who he is. He started asking how school was going and all this stuff and what I have been up to lately. He then asked me if I had a girlfriend, to which I replied "no." He then asked me if I was gay, which I thought was odd, but again, I told him no. Then I'll never forget this, because this was the creepy part. He said with a really big grin, "you want to make friends with me?" Confused, I said no and then started to walk away. As I tried to comprehend the weirdest of what happened, I realised what he was and what he was doing. I got to my friends and told them what happened and we ran back to try and find the guy and confront him but we couldn't find him. We called one of our parents, who then called the police. We didn't call the police ourselves because we figured they wouldn't believe a bunch of kids.

The second was the first time I experiences sleep paralysis. There is a perfectly explanation for why it happened but still, to experience it was one of the creepiest thing ever. I was napping on the couch one day. When I woke up, I couldn't move. At all. I was stuck there. It was really scary. I thought something was wrong. My brother was home and he was upstairs so I tried to call out for him but I couldn't even open my mouth to scream anything. Then, all of a sudden, I was able to move. Not knowing what sleep paralysis was at the time, it was really scary.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby UTK » Oct 14, '13, 10:56 am

My story actually happened a few months ago.

I was accompanying my cousin on her visit to a house she was considering buying. She asked me to come because the house was built in the late 18th century, and she knew I loved history and would be interested, and naturally I was. Let me tell you, right off the bat: the house was creepy as hell. Each room had about three different doors leading into different rooms with more doors. Some rooms had large windows looking into other rooms. The whole house itself definitely looked its age as well. The house was used as a large office for a communications company before they moved out of it, so there were countless desks and phones in each room.

I was okay with the downstairs for the most part. When I went to the upstairs, I began to feel very uneasy. The rooms did not have working lights and the floorboards felt like they were about to break under our feet. I went about it jokingly, pretending that something jumped out at me just to scare my cousin, but something just didn't feel right. I looked at one of the desks upstairs, and the phone on the desk said that "Line 2" was active. I picked up the phone on Line 2, and I heard what sounded like a dozen people whispering at once. It freaked me out a bit and I hung it up. Then the line was no longer active after that.

We went back downstairs, and my cousin and her husband were talking to the realtor, and I went off on my own and looked around at all the antiques and old maps that were hanging up in various rooms. It was then that a doorbell rang. I heard it, my cousin and her husband heard it, the realtor heard it. But it was a modern doorbell that we all heard. The doorbell on this house was an extremely old one. It was literally a bell. So we had absolutely no clue where the doorbell sound came from.

By this point, I really just wanted to leave. We had found out that the house had violated a few building codes, and the house was basically doomed to collapse, so there was no chance of buying it. As we left, both me and my cousin's husband swore we heard a huge bump upstairs. We looked at each other and walked faster.

I'm not saying it was haunted, and I don't particularly believe in that stuff, but it was creepy as hell.

Viazon wrote:The second was the first time I experiences sleep paralysis. There is a perfectly explanation for why it happened but still, to experience it was one of the creepiest thing ever. I was napping on the couch one day. When I woke up, I couldn't move. At all. I was stuck there. It was really scary. I thought something was wrong. My brother was home and he was upstairs so I tried to call out for him but I couldn't even open my mouth to scream anything. Then, all of a sudden, I was able to move. Not knowing what sleep paralysis was at the time, it was really scary.

I understand this. When I was younger, I experienced sleep paralysis constantly.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Locke » Oct 14, '13, 5:52 pm

Thanks, assholes, I never wanted to sleep again, anyway. :lol

It astounds me how stubbornly people deny the existence of ghosts, even if they are looking right at one.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Return to The Pub