It is currently: May 08, '24, 11:37 am

What unsolved mysteries would you love to find an answer to?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Re: What unsolved mysteries would you love to find an answer

Postby PorkChop » Oct 15, '13, 11:59 am

DBSoT wrote:I have never really cared about Intelligent life from other planets, but I would like to know if any other celestial body would be habitable for humans. The peak of the human existence for me would be to live on a place other than earth.

This is apparently habitable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581

However it's so far away we'd never get there.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Twister » Oct 15, '13, 1:07 pm

The Madeleine McCann case is one that I really really want to know the answer to. There's so much stuff online about it, including official police files and there's so much that just doesn't add up. I'm pretty convinced that there's more to this story than that child's parents are letting on.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 56

Postby PorkChop » Oct 15, '13, 1:14 pm

Twister wrote:The Madeleine McCann case is one that I really really want to know the answer to. There's so much stuff online about it, including official police files and there's so much that just doesn't add up. I'm pretty convinced that there's more to this story than that child's parents are letting on.

It's picked up again recently - they now think the abduction happened 45 minutes after initially thought, which has brought forward a whole new bunch of suspects and people of interest.

Deep down, a part of me believes the parents are guilty and had a hand in her disappearance. However, another part of me wants her to return.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Twister » Oct 15, '13, 1:19 pm

I feel the same way. I would be over joyed (and also amazed) if she returned alive and well. Unfortunately I really don't think that is the case :(

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 15, '13, 4:19 pm

Twister wrote:The Madeleine McCann case is one that I really really want to know the answer to. There's so much stuff online about it, including official police files and there's so much that just doesn't add up. I'm pretty convinced that there's more to this story than that child's parents are letting on.

There's no doubt that they were absolutely negligent in their behaviour; leaving their kids in a foreign country hotel whilst they went for a meal. I really don't know what they were thinking. But sadly for me, I hope I am proved wrong but don't think they will find her alive.

Its picked up momentum but I don't get is what they hope for by broadcasting appeals in the UK. I mean, Portugal should be their main target and the UK should be secondary. There's always going to be a small minority of peoplo who were in Praia De Luz in 2007. I think they are hesitant because Portuguese people, due to them being treated as suspects, view them suspiciously but has to be worth a try.

There seems to be a good response from Crimewatch, let's hope it brings something.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Twister » Oct 15, '13, 4:46 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:

There's no doubt that they were absolutely negligent in their behaviour; leaving their kids in a foreign country hotel whilst they went for a meal. I really don't know what they were thinking. But sadly for me, I hope I am proved wrong but don't think they will find her alive.

Its picked up momentum but I don't get is what they hope for by broadcasting appeals in the UK. I mean, Portugal should be their main target and the UK should be secondary. There's always going to be a small minority of peoplo who were in Praia De Luz in 2007. I think they are hesitant because Portuguese people, due to them being treated as suspects, view them suspiciously but has to be worth a try.

There seems to be a good response from Crimewatch, let's hope it brings something.

Agreed. That episode of Crimewatch was broadcast in numerous different countries but not in Portugal, I find that very strange. I find the entire case very strange indeed.

But as much as it pains me to even think about it, I don't hold out much hope for that little girl, I don't think she will ever be found alive. I'm just going to come out and say it, I think the McCann's know exactly what happened that night. Despite what the UK media would have you believe, they were never cleared as suspects by the Portuguese police and if they re-opened the case over there they would continue to be suspects. One thing that really sticks out in my mind are the sniffer dogs who positively signaled to cadaver scent and blood in: the apartment, on Madeleine's toy cat, on Kate's clothes, in their bedroom in the apartment and in the hire car which they hired out after Madeleine had gone missing. Dog's don't lie, they don't have an agenda, these specific dogs had been correct in 100% of their assignments previously and ever since. Yet for some reason that evidence has been completely ignored. Not even discounted, just ignored.

Okay, I probably sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist now lol. So i'll stop as other wise i'll be here all night. The whole thing creeps me out to be honest, yet I'm still fascinated by the whole thing.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Previous

Return to The Pub