It is currently: May 07, '24, 12:07 pm

Happy New Year!

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Happy New Year!

Postby Everlong » Jan 01, '17, 3:44 pm

It's a BRAND NEW YEAR!

What are you most excited about for 2017??

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Happy New Year!

Postby The Legend » Jan 01, '17, 4:23 pm

What am I most excited about? Exactly how Trump/Pence brings about Armageddon?

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Jan 01, '17, 4:29 pm

2016 was a horrible year for politics and popular culture, but given the majority of my life is separate from that stuff I actually had a pretty damn good year. It was my first full year as a married person, I moved into a great new apartment, my job is going well. And after about three years of some mild health issues, I also basically had a clean bill of health throughout 2016.

So I guess in 2017 I'm just looking forward to more of the same. Hopefully getting a little further in my career, and with some of my hobbies.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Jan 02, '17, 9:37 am

Hanley! wrote:2016 was a horrible year for politics and popular culture, but given the majority of my life is separate from that stuff I actually had a pretty damn good year. It was my first full year as a married person, I moved into a great new apartment, my job is going well. And after about three years of some mild health issues, I also basically had a clean bill of health throughout 2016.

So I guess in 2017 I'm just looking forward to more of the same. Hopefully getting a little further in my career, and with some of my hobbies.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it.

I feel the same. Sure, it was an awful year for politics, but on a personal level I had a great year for many of the same reasons, and I have a lot of cool things on the horizon for 2017.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to is having the opportunity to direct a show for the first time :tim. Should be a fun challenge!

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 02, '17, 10:35 am

Last year has flown by and I guess being in work and busy helps do that but married life is bit meh, but you get on with it I suppose. Work is a tad uncertain as I edge towards, potentially, a new role which I'm not overly certain about and it's not to that extent I want to leave yet I should try to look at what's out there if there's a job that really meets my strengths head-on. I'm in a job till October '17 but need to get bit of direction on what's the next job for me and career move.

Sad part of '16 was the death of Muhammed Ali. It has been a weird year for celebrity deaths with big names of music, TV, film etc passing but Ali was Ali. When the first news came on Friday that he was unwell you'd hoped it was another close call but he pulled through and to open my phone and read he'd passed was :(

Next year goals are to try and pray more so I can get relief from some issues that have been bugging me, try to alter my diet so I can fit into my jeans(!), maybe look at volunteering or writing more on my blog, and taking some driving lessons to refresh my mind and look into purchasing a car. Some of the above targets haven't changed for last few years!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Hanley! » Jan 02, '17, 11:27 am

Everlong wrote:One of the things I'm most looking forward to is having the opportunity to direct a show for the first time :tim

That's awesome, man. Hope it goes well for you. Any idea what show you're going to be directing yet?

My parents have always been really into drama (my mother is still the chairperson and lighting director of her local drama group) and my Dad used to love directing. He had a real knack for it, and I always thought it looked like a blast. There have been times when I've been tempted to get into drama here too, but I guess I just worry about what kind of shows the local drama groups might be putting on. It feels like the same 20 shows are performed over and over again over here and at this point, I kinda hate at least half of them.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Jan 02, '17, 11:35 am

Hanley! wrote:
Everlong wrote:One of the things I'm most looking forward to is having the opportunity to direct a show for the first time :tim

That's awesome, man. Hope it goes well for you. Any idea what show you're going to be directing yet?

My parents have always been really into drama (my mother is still the chairperson and lighting director of her local drama group) and my Dad used to love directing. He had a real knack for it, and I always thought it looked like a blast. There have been times when I've been tempted to get into drama here too, but I guess I just worry about what kind of shows the local drama groups might be putting on. It feels like the same 20 shows are performed over and over again over here and at this point, I kinda hate at least half of them.

I'm directing a six-person musical called Next to Normal. Great music, great show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_to_Normal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wKnYjx ... 58721C6798

^^ youtoube playlist for the soundtrack.

The show will be happening in August, so it's quite a ways off yet, but I'm already beginning the planning process!

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby prophet » Jan 02, '17, 12:08 pm

I'm gonna be more active this year guys.

I'm going to watch the entirety of both RAW and Smackdown this week and see how I feel.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DBSoT » Jan 02, '17, 12:43 pm

Happy New Years! I got engaged a couple weeks back, so I am looking forward to my wedding and bachelor party.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Jan 02, '17, 12:49 pm

DBSoT wrote:Happy New Years! I got engaged a couple weeks back, so I am looking forward to my wedding and bachelor party.

That's awesome!! Congrats man!!

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Jan 02, '17, 1:26 pm

DBSoT wrote:Happy New Years! I got engaged a couple weeks back, so I am looking forward to my wedding and bachelor party.

One of us! One of us!

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby DBSoT » Jan 02, '17, 3:16 pm

Thanks guys. We are trying to prepare a wedding in 9 months. Pray for my soul and wallet.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Jan 02, '17, 3:51 pm

It's pricey alright. Just make sure that you're doing things the way that you both want, and not just doing what other people expect of you. We were able to save money and have a wedding that we much preferred simply by bucking certain trends. For our wedding, Kirbi didn't want to wear a white wedding gown, so she bought a formal gown instead - she much preferred it and it was a fraction of the cost. We didn't want a DJ or a band there playing songs that we didn't know or like, so we made our own playlist on an iPod and plugged it into a set of speakers and it cost us almost nothing.

There'll be areas where you want to go the traditional route, and that's great too. Just try to give yourselves the wedding you want and not the one that's expected of you. Most importantly though, just make sure to enjoy the day once it arrives. Because it goes by so freaking quickly.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 02, '17, 4:10 pm

Another member for the Married Club, it's growing!

Hope the big day is a joyous occasion for you and your families :cheers

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to The Pub