It is currently: Jun 16, '24, 12:29 am

Your work Christmas functions/dinners/parties?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Your work Christmas functions/dinners/parties?

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 04, '15, 10:10 am

Even though I don't celebrate it, joined along my work colleagues for an afternoon meal at a restaurant. Fish and chips for me a delicious chocolate eclair - incredibly pleased I didn't fall asleep at my desk but that can of Dr Pepper must have helped. Good to just enjoy a meal and not talk about work, just getting out of the office helps.

Interesting points I learned: How do people manage with having 16-20 guests for Xmas dinner?! I feel sorry for the folks cooking the food because by the time you're done, you're knackered; one colleague mentioned there's a time slot for people in his family to eat and then go for dinner as it's that busy!

I imagine your Xmas parties were alot rowdier than mine!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Your work Christmas functions/dinners/parties?

Postby The Legend » Dec 04, '15, 11:45 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Even though I don't celebrate it, joined along my work colleagues for an afternoon meal at a restaurant. Fish and chips for me a delicious chocolate eclair - incredibly pleased I didn't fall asleep at my desk but that can of Dr Pepper must have helped. Good to just enjoy a meal and not talk about work, just getting out of the office helps.

Interesting points I learned: How do people manage with having 16-20 guests for Xmas dinner?! I feel sorry for the folks cooking the food because by the time you're done, you're knackered; one colleague mentioned there's a time slot for people in his family to eat and then go for dinner as it's that busy!

I imagine your Xmas parties were alot rowdier than mine!

As far as food goes. It's always a bit of a potluck. Everybody brings something, although what everyone brings is much more organized than just a potluck.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby prophet » Dec 04, '15, 1:50 pm

My work Christmas do was last Friday and was quality. Open bar so naturally we all just got smashed and had a blast! :tim

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Dec 06, '15, 10:03 am

My company's holiday party usually happens within the first week of January, and it's usually a fun time. We're a pretty small company and most of the people are around my age, so we go out and get a nice dinner then hit some bars or do a brewery tour or something. Not entirely sure what's in store for this year's yet but I do know it's on January 2.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Dec 06, '15, 10:52 am

My Christmas party is coming up on Friday. We're going out for a late lunch and just not returning to work. We'll probably just find a pub afterwards and stay there for the night. Or at least until some people start to drift towards the nightclubs.

I only started with my current team in September, so I don't know people that well and don't necessarily get on with them as well as my last team. It's a large team (about 20 people) and a lot of the team are quite young, but I'm working on a mini three person team within the larger team and my two co-workers are both much older than me. So it's kinda weird because the people that I talk with most in the team are the ones who aren't in my age group, so I don't quite fit in with either group yet.

Though I'll say this for my team: they are always up for a session/party, so I'd say it could be a late one. Should be fun hopefully. Though after the crazy couple of weeks I've just had, I could see myself being one of the first to leave.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby War Daddy » Dec 06, '15, 9:29 pm

I work for GNC, best I get is a free product.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby JPG619 » Dec 06, '15, 11:02 pm

Not sure what they do at my current job since this will be year one here.

However my previous work place we just have a potluck in our lunch room. People mostly sign up what they will bring and we just have it on a day that most people are in the building. Some people do miss out but some do come on his or her day off. There was once I was off when they had it and I never bothered coming in I was like it my day off why should I go into work for a half an hour to eat since I could of just made it at home :P

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby flock u » Dec 06, '15, 11:08 pm

I've worked the last few Christmas's But not my regular job in Roofing and Construction. There is a Indy wrestling promotion who does a Christmas charity show each year and I do Ring Crew/Security for the show.

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby Viazon » Dec 08, '15, 12:56 pm

I wish I worked at places that would have a works Christmas party. In my first job, it was just a job in a store and there wasn't a great deal of people working there. So the managers would arrange a party every Christmas. Since then however, no where I have worked has ever had a Christmas party. Where I was working before, the workers would get together and arrange one themselves and invite anyone who wanted to come. That was basically just meet up for drinks in town. Now, it's the same. No official work parties, but there is a lot of people who work there and the few people who are close each other always arrange a little meet up every Christmas.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Return to The Pub