It is currently: May 22, '24, 8:05 pm

Will there ever be another Mandela or Mother Theresa?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Will there ever be another Mandela or Mother Theresa?

Postby HardcoreLegend » Jun 20, '14, 6:12 pm

Kind of coming off "The Most Likeable Person?" Thread...

Do you think there will be another iconic figure such as Mandela/Mother Theresa/Luther King/Ghandi anytime soon?! Will there be something to happen in order to create such a figure?

To be honest, I don't think there will be a figure like that in my lifetime. I just don't see anyone stepping up to become that sort of figure, to stand up for something so much bigger.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 50

Re: Will there ever be another Mandela or Mother Theresa?

Postby Chewy » Jun 20, '14, 6:48 pm

There will always be terrorists and religious nuts.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 21

Re: Will there ever be another Mandela or Mother Theresa?

Postby DBSoT » Jun 20, '14, 8:09 pm

There are people like that out there, but they just do a great job of not advertising it. Its what makes them great people. They don't do it for ego, they do it because its right. There will not likely be someone like this in the US (at not one you will hear about) because likely TMZ and national news stations will be all over the person. Asking them questions beyond questions that pry into their lives so far until they find some small thing that the stations can use to discredit them. So ya, fuck TMZ is the point I am making.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to The Pub