It is currently: May 22, '24, 11:29 pm

Comic readers of the Pub, what's on your pull list?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Comic readers of the Pub, what's on your pull list?

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 23, '14, 6:51 pm

I know there are a few of us on here. What do you guys read?

-Action Comics
-Batman
-Detective Comics
-Earth 2
-Flash
-Green Lantern
-Green Lantern Corps
-Justice League
-Star Trek

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 260

Re: Comic readers of the Pub, what's on your pull list?

Postby prophet » Apr 23, '14, 7:18 pm

Big comic book fan.

Watchmen is the obvious first one to list. If you haven't read Watchmen you frankly have no right to discuss comics. I've begun reading the Watchmen: Origins series though I've been largely underwhelmed.

Planetary. Another series I'm a big fan of and would highly recommend to anyone.

Batman is another obvious answer. My all time favourite superhero and I'm a huge fan of reading different Batman comics but yeah, easy one to add to the list. The Killing Joke is a great read because Alan Moore is behind it and it focuses much more on Joker.

Maus. Fucking Maus. If I wasn't on my phone right now I'd go into so much more detail about this, google it. Behind Watchmen this is the single comic masterpiece you should read if you're a fan of things that are good.

Sin City, V for Vendetta, Kick-Ass are all good reads if you enjoyed their respective films.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Daz » Apr 23, '14, 7:30 pm

Pretty much everything X-Men related.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Viazon » Apr 24, '14, 5:01 am

I read way too many. It's ok now because I have a lot of disposable income, but eventually I know I will have to drop a few titles.

Anyway, on my pull list I have:

Action Comics
All Star Western
Animal Man
Aquaman
Batman
Batman and Robin
Batman Superman
Batwing
Flash
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern New Guardians
Red Lanterns
Justice League
Justice League Dark
Justice League of America
Forever Evil
Nightwing
Red Hood
Superman Unchained
Swamp Thing

Avengers
Captain America
Daredevil
Deadpool
Iron Man
Miracle Man
Spider Mam

Lazarus
Velvet
Manifest Destiny

Also, I collect the collection editions of Y: The Last Man, Saga, The Walking Dead, The Boys and The Darkness Rebirth.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 24, '14, 8:01 am

Viazon wrote:I read way too many. It's ok now because I have a lot of disposable income, but eventually I know I will have to drop a few titles.

Anyway, on my pull list I have:

Action Comics
All Star Western
Animal Man
Aquaman
Batman
Batman and Robin
Batman Superman
Batwing
Flash
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern New Guardians
Red Lanterns
Justice League
Justice League Dark
Justice League of America
Forever Evil
Nightwing
Red Hood
Superman Unchained
Swamp Thing

Avengers
Captain America
Daredevil
Deadpool
Iron Man
Miracle Man
Spider Mam

Lazarus
Velvet
Manifest Destiny

Also, I collect the collection editions of Y: The Last Man, Saga, The Walking Dead, The Boys and The Darkness Rebirth.

Y: The Last Man was so damn good. Also you should check out Earth 2. It is my favorite thing going right now.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Kirbi » Apr 24, '14, 3:06 pm

I/we don't buy single issue comics, but I follow Fables in hardback.

Generally, I prefer the format of single, collected graphic novels. Some of my favourites are Maus (@prophet :tim), Sandman, Persopolis, and From Hell.

When I was a kid, it was Spiderman first, then X-Men.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Hanley! » Apr 24, '14, 4:58 pm

At the moment, the only comics that I'm following are Fables and The Walking Dead. I really enjoy Fables, but I might stop bothering with the Walking Dead. It's good, but it's repetitive. The story doesn't appear to be going anywhere so I'm getting a little bored with it.

I prefer reading finished graphic novels in their entirety. V For Vendetta is a favourite, along with Watchmen. Blankets is another good one - I just read it recently after getting it as a gift for Christmas.

I occasionally like reading graphic novel versions of famous books too. I own a graphic novel copy of 'I Am Legend' which is really good.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Viazon » Apr 24, '14, 5:01 pm

Hanley! wrote:At the moment, the only comics that I'm following are Fables and The Walking Dead. I really enjoy Fables, but I might stop bothering with the Walking Dead. It's good, but it's repetitive. The story doesn't appear to be going anywhere so I'm getting a little bored with it.

I really like the Walking Dead but there is still so much of it I haven't read. I am up to Volume 15 but there are still so many. I worry that it's gonna start getting repetitive. That's why I think stuff like Y:The Last Man is so good because at least it has an ending. That way it doesn't drag on.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 24, '14, 6:37 pm

Viazon wrote:
Hanley! wrote:At the moment, the only comics that I'm following are Fables and The Walking Dead. I really enjoy Fables, but I might stop bothering with the Walking Dead. It's good, but it's repetitive. The story doesn't appear to be going anywhere so I'm getting a little bored with it.

I really like the Walking Dead but there is still so much of it I haven't read. I am up to Volume 15 but there are still so many. I worry that it's gonna start getting repetitive. That's why I think stuff like Y:The Last Man is so good because at least it has an ending. That way it doesn't drag on.

I read TWD up until around #110. Basically until a little after died. I have the Compendiums. I stopped but I guess when Compendium #3 comes out I might get it. I just felt it got repetitive and with how people would be characters for 6-7 issues then be killed off it got really hard to give a shit about the characters anymore.

The advantage Y: The Last Man had was they seemed to actually know where they wanted to go with the story. I feel they made the first issue only after knowing what the last issue would be. They knew exactly where they were going.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Apr 24, '14, 6:46 pm

I just love the storyline for Y: The Last Man. Brian K Vaughn is a great writer. It's why I got into Saga and it's why I really want to check out his other stuff.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 24, '14, 6:52 pm

Viazon wrote:I just love the storyline for Y: The Last Man. Brian K Vaughn is a great writer. It's why I got into Saga and it's why I really want to check out his other stuff.

Yeah I have not checked Saga out yet. How is it?

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Apr 24, '14, 6:55 pm

Brilliant. Just bought Volume 3 the other. Need to get around the reading it.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Ace » Apr 25, '14, 1:00 am

I'm really into the New 52 right now with DC so I'm currently reading:

Justice League
Detective Comics (Batman)
Action Comics (Superman)
Static Shock

also started the Walking Dead but have paused on that for now...

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Kirbi » Apr 25, '14, 3:11 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:
Viazon wrote:

I read TWD up until around #110. Basically until a little after died. I have the Compendiums. I stopped but I guess when Compendium #3 comes out I might get it. I just felt it got repetitive and with how people would be characters for 6-7 issues then be killed off it got really hard to give a shit about the characters anymore.

Yeah, I didn't put it on my list because I entirely gave it up after that happened. I just didn't care anymore. :crybaby

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Return to The Pub