It is currently: Jun 04, '24, 2:56 pm

I'm Sick: UPDATE

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

I'm Sick: UPDATE

Postby Ace » Mar 21, '14, 8:06 pm

So I started having flu-like symptoms 2 weeks ago including fever, muscle/body aches, headaches, & fatigue.

Now I don't get sick as frequently as most people do. As a matter of fact I usually only get sick once a year at best. However when I do get sick it's usually very epic & I'm usually in a bed for a few days.

I thought that I was just getting my annual flu.

Well last week my fever & flu symptoms started to fade but then I started getting a sore throat; again thinking nothing of it. Well here I am a week later & the doc looked @ my throat & my tonsils are insanely inflamed & swollen. It's not looking good.

I'm having trouble swallowing due to the intense pain in the back of my throat. Feels like a build-up of mucus in my sinuses. Haven't really eaten in a few days. Can't eat solid foods. Been drinking lots of water.

I may have to get them removed but for now I've been prescribed an antibiotic (the liquid form of Amoxicillin). Hopefully this will pass in a few days. Until then, wish me luck guys :tim

Last edited by Ace on Mar 22, '14, 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: I'm Sick

Postby Hanley! » Mar 21, '14, 8:09 pm

Just look after yourself man. Enjoy the excuse to just lie on your couch and watch movies, etc. I always find that losing myself in a movie or television show is one of the best cures for this kind of thing, because you're more likely to start feeling better when you're not really thinking about it.

If you do have to get them out, that'll suck, but you can cross that bridge if and when you come to it. In the mean time just pamper yourself and try not to think about it too much.

Hope you're better soon! :tim

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 21, '14, 8:12 pm

Being sick sucks. Hope things clear up soon.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby SKS » Mar 21, '14, 9:41 pm

Hey man, getting your tonsils removed is awesome, you get to eat ice cream and shit. Hope you feel better soon. :tim

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Ace » Mar 22, '14, 2:20 pm

Got some tests done this morning. Will post updates soon

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby JPG619 » Mar 22, '14, 8:28 pm

I wish you the best dude, hope you feel better.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Ace » Mar 22, '14, 8:41 pm

Hanley! wrote: Hope you're better soon!

ShaneOfan wrote: Being sick sucks. Hope things clear up soon.

SKS wrote: Hey man, getting your tonsils removed is awesome, you get to eat ice cream and shit. Hope you feel better soon.

JPG619 wrote:I wish you the best dude, hope you feel better.

Thanks ALL :tim

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Re: I'm Sick: UPDATE

Postby Ace » Mar 22, '14, 8:47 pm

Well the Amoxicillin is really helping & feel A LOT better today. I got some tests done today but I still haven't heard from the doctor's office as to what I have exactly or what caused it. Perhaps just an infection. Thanks again for the comments :cheers2

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby Enygma » Mar 22, '14, 9:05 pm

I had a similar thing, my glands were swollen as fuck and I couldn't swallow probably for days, when I did swallow it was swallowing knives. Glad to hear you're getting better :tim

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby Ace » Mar 22, '14, 11:53 pm

Zlatan wrote:I had a similar thing, my glands were swollen as fuck and I couldn't swallow probably for days, when I did swallow it was swallowing knives. Glad to hear you're getting better :tim

Sounds a lot like what I've got going on

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Return to The Pub