It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 4:57 am

Legend's Final Mock Draft

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Legend's Final Mock Draft

Postby The Legend » Apr 27, '16, 8:01 am

1. Los Angeles Rams: Jared Goff, QB, Cal – Well a lot has changed in the five weeks since my first mock draft. This pick is blatantly obvious, Goff’s going #1 to the Rams. It’s always been Goff. He’s the #1 QB in the draft. The Rams have a clear shot at improving over being a .500 team now with Goff at QB leading an offense that can back up their stellar defense.

2. Philadelphia Eagles: Carson Wentz, QB, NDSU – The Eagles made the second blockbuster trade and now will get their hands on Wentz. I’ve started to like Wentz more than I used to, namely once the reports about how dedicated he is to the mental part of the game started to come out.

3. San Diego Chargers: Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State – Ramsey has started to have more holes poked in his game, mainly that he’s not quite able to make the big plays and force turnovers in man coverage, but I think he’s got the physical abilities to do those things. He just wasn’t quite asked to do them in Florida State’s defense. He’s still the best player in this draft and becomes a steal for the Chargers at third.

4. Dallas Cowboys: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State – Joey Bosa is an elite player for a 4-3 defense. Dallas needs some serious help on the defensive side of the ball. Cut him loose and let him wrack havoc on NFC East offenses.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA – I’m prefacing this pick with admitting I don’t know anything about his medical reports. There are rumors to both sides. If his knee will eventually be fine this is where Jack deserves to go. He and Dante Fowler could eventually become transcendent players for this defense.

6. Baltimore Ravens: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss – Tunsil was long regarded as the best player in the draft and now he falls to Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens. Imagine that. He does have some durability concerns, but he should help shore up Baltimore’s offensive line.

7. San Francisco 49ers: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon – The Niners still have a QB question, but no one here is the right choice. Re-building the defense that helped them become an elite team is the right way to go here. Buckner is a unique weapon for any defense.

8. Cleveland Browns: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State – I think the Browns would love to trade back again with either the Titans looking for an offensive tackle or maybe the Dolphins who might like Elliott better, but if they stay here the best offensive playmaker in the draft is the direction they need to go.

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida – Hargreaves is a basic lock right here. The Bucs need to improve their defense, specifically the secondary and Hargreaves is by far the best available guy left.

10. NY Giants: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame – If the Giants want to extend Eli’s career as much as possible then protecting him is a must. Stanley will help improve their offensive line and cut down on the number of hits Manning takes on a yearly basis.

11. Chicago Bears: Leonard Floyd, DE, Georgia – Floyd has shot up mock drafts in recent weeks and I’m starting to buy the hype. Not necessarily the player, but the hype. I think that some team in the first round that needs pass rush help will look at his raw athletic skills and think they can turn him into a polished football player. Chicago needs a lot of help on defense so they are as good of a look as anyone.

12. New Orleans Saints: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville – The Saints have struggled to add talent to their team for years. They’ve got a lot of big draft misses on their resume. Rankins is a tough guy in the middle of the defense that will help them stop the run and provide a bit of an interior pass rush too, which is the worst kind of pass rush for a quarterback.

13. Miami Dolphins: Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson – The Dolphins want a playmaker, but there’s none available to them at appropriate value here. Dodd is an intriguing pass rusher with a high ceiling. Getting after Tom Brady is the way for one of these teams to topple the Patriots in the AFC East and Dodd will help them do it.

14. Oakland Raiders: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson – Have two players from the same school that play the same position ever gone back-to-back? Lawson paired with Khalil Mack is the kind of pass rushing tandem that helped division rival Denver win the Super Bowl last year. The NFL is a copycat league and the Raiders looking to copy the Broncos makes sense.

15. Tennessee Titans: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State – The Titans need an offensive tackle and even after trading down from the top spot they get a pretty damn good one thanks to a deep tackle draft class.

16. Detroit Lions: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State – Speaking of the deep offensive tackle class, the Lions get another good one in Taylor Decker. Decker may never be a great left tackle, but he could still be really good on the right side, which is becoming almost as important as the left tackle.

17. Atlanta Falcons: Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State – And the official Buckeye first round count hits four halfway through the round and the Miami Hurricane record of six might be in jeopardy. Lee is an exceptional athlete that can make ridiculous plays. He’s a sideline to sideline guy that will help the Falcons immensely.

18. Indianapolis Colts: A’Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama – Colts are another team that can take advantage of a deep defensive draft by taking a run stuffer like Robinson. Indy needs some serious help defensively and Robinson is the kind of guy.

19. Buffalo Bills: Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss – Two things are certain: Nkemdiche’s off-field concerns are going to drop him in the draft and some team will still be swayed by his talent to take him in the first round. Rex Ryan is the kind of guy to take that chance.

20. NY Jets: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis – I would have figured the Ryan Fitzpatrick situation would have been solved by now, but it’s not. Even without considering that, Fitzpatrick doesn’t have many years left and drafting his successor makes a lot of sense. I’m not a big believer in Lynch, but clearly there are those that do believe in him.

21. Washington Redskins: Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama – Many people have the Packers taking Ragland, but I don’t think he makes it that far. He’s the best player available in this scenario and I see the Skins going with him to beef up the middle of their defense.

22. Houston Texans: Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame – The burner makes for a great second option behind Deandre Hopkins. Adding fuller to Osweiler suddenly builds the Texans offense to one that compares with their defense.

23. Minnesota Vikings: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss – The Vikings need to get Teddy Bridgewater some weapons. Treadwell isn’t a typical top receiver in a draft class, but they need someone.

24. Cincinnati Bengals: Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor – The run on receivers reaches three. The Bengal receiving corps was decimated by free agency, but Coleman as a #2 to AJ Green is a great counter punch.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers: Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State – The Steelers need cornerback help desperately and Mike Tomlin loves him some Ohio State players. This Buckeye is a perfect match for what Pittsburgh needs.

26. Seattle Seahawks: Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M – The Seahawks have lost a lot of talent off their line in the last couple years and Ifedi helps re-build some of that capital.

27. Green Bay Packers: Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor – The Packers would like linebacker help, but they’ll have to settle for Billings beefing up the middle of their line.

28. Kansas City Chiefs: William Jackson, CB, Houston – Jackson is a great playmaker to help strengthen the Chiefs secondary in this position.

29. Arizona Cardinals: Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama – This draft continues to be about the trenches as the Cardinals get the top interior lineman in the draft.

30. Carolina Panthers: Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana – The Panthers need to beef up the offensive line and protect Cam Newton better to help avoid more games like they had in the Super Bowl.

31. Denver Broncos: Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State – The Broncos find their man to replace Malik Jackson’s departure.

32. Cleveland Browns: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU – The Browns continue the re-make of their offensive playmakers for the eventual addition of their new quarterback hopeful and RGIII in the mid-term.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Return to NFL